Diet coke chicken

ooo think I may give this a go this week :)

emma_partington27 said:
Im really fussy n the only thing i like outta that list is tomatoes and broccoli i thought that wiv it havin tomatoes in it that wud b my superfree lol

Well put extra tinned tomatoes in with the passatta then to make it 1/3 and you should be fine :) what about peppers? They go nicely with it too

Hi, This sounds.... interesting

But as its easy to make i'm going to give it a go. Does anyone know if it can be cooked in the slow cooker? As I do long shifts and nice to have something to come home to :D

i know it not ideal but if i dont have veg on my plate to get my super free in i have a bowl of fruit just after my meal

emma_partington27 said:
Im really fussy n the only thing i like outta that list is tomatoes and broccoli i thought that wiv it havin tomatoes in it that wud b my superfree lol

You do need to re-educate your palate.
If you like Broccoli try some Sugar Snap peas, try adding some peppers to your sauce (my husband swears blind that he hates peppers yet I put them in sauces and blend them and he raves about the sauce! I've told him now and he'll eat them in a sauce....he thought they were peppery)!
BNS and carrots roasted is lovely chuck your diet coke sauce over it.
Look for different ways to cook veg, and keep trying, it takes a while to change your eating patterns x

I also made this according to the ingredients on page 1 of the first thread & it was horrible. Sorry. I must have done something totally wrong. I simmered it for ages and it didn't reduce at all it just looked like brown water with chicken floating in it. Had to throw it away & what a waste of chicken!! I have since seen that some people add passata so if I'm brave enough to try again I think I will try this & also maybe just try making the sauce on its on so I dnt waste the chicken.

Joannejmorg said:
I also made this according to the ingredients on page 1 of the first thread & it was horrible. Sorry. I must have done something totally wrong. I simmered it for ages and it didn't reduce at all it just looked like brown water with chicken floating in it. Had to throw it away & what a waste of chicken!! I have since seen that some people add passata so if I'm brave enough to try again I think I will try this & also maybe just try making the sauce on its on so I dnt waste the chicken.

Yeah i make big batches ov it 1 litre of diet coke make sure its proper coke 1 tub passata big slosh ov worcester sauce and about 2 tbsp ov tomato puree and thats all i add
Bring to boil then transfer to an oven proof dish 180 for about 1-2 hours or till its reduced and it does reduce just takes time :)

emma_partington27 said:
Yeah i make big batches ov it 1 litre of diet coke make sure its proper coke 1 tub passata big slosh ov worcester sauce and about 2 tbsp ov tomato puree and thats all i add
Bring to boil then transfer to an oven proof dish 180 for about 1-2 hours or till its reduced and it does reduce just takes time :)

I'm not usually a fan of Chinese 5 spice but in this dish I really think it gives it the edge

Was very weary about trying this 'cause I'm quite picky.
Tried it and it was lovely!!
Told the rest of my sw group about it and several of them said they'd give it a go. :D

Back