Diet on Hold......Watch this space......

Wow its been a whole day since I lasted posted in my diary, sorry I was really busy yesterday and just didn't have the time, but I am back today. :)

Thank-you for the encouragement Jellybabie, it all really helps to keep my mood high. :D

Ok so now for the diary part:

Saturday 12th July 2008
Today was another good day, I spent the day looking forward to getting ready for my evening out with my Mum, Dad, Uncle Joey and his wife Sue. We went to Wilton House to see the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra play some classics in the open air and fireworks when it got dark. Its an event that you take a picnic too and enjoy the evening with food and drink while watching the concert out in the open. It was brilliant, the music was beautiful, the atmosphere was light and the fireworks were great fun. I really enjoyed myself, even dressed up a bit despite the threat of rain. I put on my favourite top that hides my belly and gives me shape, even put on some makeup and my trimmed my mum hair and styled it too, so I felt really good.

For my breakfast I had the usual cereal, then for lunch I had an apple and a banana, I was trying not to eat too much in anticipation for the picnic. But I was a really hungry just before we got in the car to leave and I had 2 packets of Bacon flavour crisps. But I am not too mad with myself I have had any for weeks and this is my first real cave, so I can cope. The evenings picnic was full of nibbles and all sorts of things that probably ruined my diet for the day, but again I'm not worried because we only do this once a year and its such a lovely treat I wanted to enjoy myself, I even had a couple glasses of wine and a cider too.

Thats basically it for the day, although not amazing on the diet front, I had a lovely time which I don't regret. :)

Sunday 15th July 2008
Woke up this morning and went to a car-boot sale. I didn't have time for a proper breakfast so I had a glass of milk, a banana and an apple to boost my energy. We walked around the boot-sale for about 3 and 1/2 hours lol, it was nice to get out and enjoy the sun we had this morning, no sun now though its clouded over and it feels quite heavy. I did have an Ice-cream with my mum though.

For lunch I had some crackers and pate, with a bit of ham and cheese and a few doritoes. Because of this I won't be eating much for dinner probably just a smaller plate of the same. :)

Not really been up to much other than that, had such a a busy weekend that I was really tired after lunch so I had lay down.

I haven't done any of my exercise sessions over the weekend, because I like to use these days as my rest days.

Well thats it for today, my proper diary entries will resume tomorrow, I hope you are all have a fantastic weekend too. :D

Oh tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I think if I am honest that I won't have lost anything. But I am also not too concerned and I will certainly not let that get me down, I know I worked really hard and it does take time to see the results of a lifestyle change. I will just keep on doing my best next week. ;)

Last edited:
Thing is you don't mind not loosing if you know the reason for it. You've had some extra fun, so no probs, back on plan whatever the weigh in reveals!

Good luck for it though!

Thanks for the encouragement Ladies. Your right I have had a great weekend so I'm not going to worry about what happens on the scales tomorrow, no point being guilty because I had a bit of fun. :D

Thats the spirit! Life's for living!

Love

Hi TL
Thanks for adding me as a friend!
You have had a great weekend, and still feeling positive, so thats what matters! Let us know how your weigh in goes, either way.
You really do have the determination and motivation in you to get to goal so good for you girl, you WILL get there. Glad to hear you made an effort to go out, with your hair and make-up. When i felt at my lowest i couldnt be bothered to do those things. When you start making positive changes in your life, you start to love yourself a little more, which is a good thing!!
Diane xx

Not doing too good today......

:wave_cry: Hiya everyone. I have kind of avoided coming on here as writing my diary today, because I feel like I will let all my lovely supporters down by explaining that I am feeling very low today, when I am usually trying to stay as positive as I can. :(

Today is Monday 14th July 2008.

My diary wouldn't be truthful if I wasn't honest about when I am having an off day. And unfortunately today is one of those days.

I know last night I said that I wouldn't let what the scales showed me today because I had a lovely weekend regardless. But I couldn't help feeling really disappointed by what they showed. It appears that I have put back on the 3lbs that I have lost over the last three weeks which I thought had to be wrong because that would mean I had put that weight back on in a weekend. I don't feel like I have put it back on, because there are certain areas of my tummy that I can tell have lost fat.

I told my mum about it, because I tell her everything, and she normally gives me good advice. She said that I shouldn't let it get me down because I am probably retaining water and am bloated because I have started my period. It still doesn't make me feel much better though.

I think that this week will be tough, its my first week on that time of the month while on my new diet and exercise plan. I don't know about anyone else but when I am personally on, I find that I am constantly hungry and no matter how much I eat I can't seem to fill my tummy. I am also quite hormonal and emotional, very up and down and can just cry at every little thing, even if its something as silly as not being able to find a pen. So it will take all my willpower to stick with it this week.

This morning I eat my usual cereal, but had slightly less and put no sugar on it. For lunch I had an oxo drink, four Krisprolls with soft cheese and an apple. For dinner I had avocado pear, with prawn cocktail and salad and strawberries and raspberries for desert.

I couldn't bring myself to do any exercise, I just didn't feel like it and didn't have the energy. Although I did take the dog out for about 45mins this morning and have been pottering around doing a few bits round the house.

Anyway, thats what is going on with me today, I am sorry that its not my usually bright and positive attitude, but I am just not feeling it today. :cry:

I hope you are all doing well.

Take Care
Gemma
xx

Oh ((((((((((Gemma)))))))))))
I know how you feel today. I am not impressed with myself either, but we cant give up because our damn hormones are playing havvoc on us. I am about 6 days off my TOM, and I suffer from here on in, going from craving sweet to savoury. You have been doing great, and you just wait and see, next week you will have lost all that and maybe it will take an extra something too. Now I feel ashamed of how awful I have been today. There is you, being so good, doing all that walking, and deserving a better loss, and it hasnt been good to you.
So dont be too downheartened.
There are going to be ups and downs.
talk tomorrow.
lots of love
Clarissa
xxxx

Hey Gemma :hug99:
Dont feel sad to dissapoint us sweetheart, this diary is about you, and we are here for you through the bad times as well as the good so please dont feel bad. Try not to let the scales dictate you life either, you are making positive life changes and you are eating healthily so the weight HAS to come off! Your mums right, you will be retaining water at this totm, and you can weigh a few pounds heavier so dont let that get you down, as you said, you can still notice a difference yourself!
Its my TOTM too and i cant eat ANYTHING on my plan so have had to make do with my choccie shakes LOL. And i know what you mean about being emotional, i was reading a book earlier and i ended up with tears pouring down my face,:cry: you would have thought id been told someone had died!!:eek:
Dont let those damn hormones get you down, you will be back to your normal positive self in a few days so dont feel bad. :)
We cant be 100% positive all the time, but just you know sweetheart, that we are here willing to listen when you feel like rambling:eek:
Im sure you will feel better tomorrow, so i will come on here to see how you are, will be thinking of you.

Love Diane xx

Feeling a bit better today.......

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen(if there are any lurking in the shadows, reading my diary ;)).

Time to write a bit in my diary for today. Firstly can I thank Diane and clarri for being so amazing yesterday, your posts were just what I needed to perk up a little after my slump, I might have a few more mood swings to come this week, but take each day as it comes. So thanks for your support and reading my diary everyday, I know that it takes time to respond as well and I really do appreciate it. :thankyou: Knowing that you are willing to listen no matter how I feel really helps. And clarri I read your diary entry yesterday, don't feel bad, you are doing great. ;)

Ok so now to the diary:

Today is Tuesday 15th July 2008. Part One of my diary for the day.

This morning I had an appointment with the doctor, I mentioned it last week about running out of my migraine prevention medicine. I had a really nice chat with her and told her that yet again I was on another diet and exercise plan and that this time I meant it and would like to try on my own without the aid of the Orlistat that I had last time I lost a bit of weight. I said that I couldn't remember what I weighed the last time I saw her, she said I weighed 14 stone 7 pounds. So she weighed me again and I am 15 stone 7 pounds (99kg). So now I am a stone heavier since I last saw her. I was surprised that I got into the 14 stone bracket, and now I know I did it before I can do it again. I asked her if there was anything I needed to watch out for while on my new journey and she said there were no concerns. She told me I could always come back to get weighed and have another chat with her and if I am really struggling maybe she could help me. So thats great, I have touched base with her and have support if I need it. I also have a new batch of medicine so I won't run out for about 3 months. :D

This has cheered me up a bit, it means that my scales are out too. So I have lost nearer 6lbs since the beginning of my weight-loss journey. :) I think I might not bother with my scales, only as a rough guide and get an official weigh in with the doctor once a month. That might be a better way to do it and I won't be ruled by them then. ;)

Ok I had two slices of best of both bread, spread with Marmite and a glass of milk for breakfast. I had a brisk walk to the doctors then I took Mac out for about 10mins, thats all he could manage bless him, its so humid out there today, very sweaty atmosphere.

For lunch I had 4 Krisprolls with Light soft cheese. 2 sticks of celery, and a nectarine and a glass of water.

Thats it for now really, I haven't done an exercise session today, because again I don't feel up to it. I think this week will be gentle exercise walking Mac and doing housework, I will jump back on my stepper next week. :D We have a weekend of walking planned this weekend too so that should also make up for it.

Take care everyone, I hope you are all doing a great job on your journeys, wishing you all the best.

Love Gemma
xxx

Tuesday 15th July 2008. Part Two of my diary for the day. This will only be a short entry to finish off the day really.

At about 3.30pm I had a banana because I was hungry but determined to have dinner at 5pm as always so waited after eating the banana. For dinner I had a bowl of pasta with chicken soup poured on top and a few Ritz crackers to dip into it. I had a mint chocolate ice cream cone for afters. :D

I did take the dog out for another 20mins this evening, the heat was bit more bearable for him so was able to play for longer, bless him and he meet his friend, a dog called Molly beautiful little thing she is.

Anyway, apart from that nothing else to report really except that I have a headache, so will be going to bed shortly.

Take care all, I hope your days have been ok and that tomorrow starts off wonderfully. :D

Love Gemma
xxx

Well done on holding out for dinner tonight, Gemma! That can be really hard sometimes can't it! I was so proud about waiting for my dinner tonight (it was hard, but it tasted 10 times better because I did!) and you should do, too!

It's little achievements like this that prove you have the willpower to follow this through to the end! Go you! :clap:

Thanks mummytummy :D, I have just read your diary and was happy to see that you had a little achievement today thats great. I am finding that the more I train myself to eat at the same time every day the easier it gets. ;) I am pleased I waited too, yay, Go us. :D If I do get hungry in between meals I know go for a healthy light snack instead of trying to eat loads. And your right dinner does taste so much better.

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to seeing you again. xxx

Hello Diane, I love it when you stop by, your words are always so nice to me. :)

Today is Wednesday 16th July 2008. This is part one of my diary today.

I woke up this morning and looked around the house, I really wasn't pleased by the state of it. You would have thought that 6 adults under the same roof would mean that the house is spotless but no. 4 of those 6 adults are men who just can't be bothered unless they are working and doing something for themselves. Anyway, if I rant on you will never hear the end of it, so I will stop there. I decided to give the house a good going over, vacuuming, scrubbing, cleaning, washing, I did it all this morning and now the house looks respectable again, that is until they come home from work and it will be wrecked within 5 minutes. :( Since I haven't felt like exercising this week because of my TOTM, I thought it would be a nice bit of exercise too. Then I took Mac out for 20mins.

For breakfast I had a bowl of fruit salad, which was lovely although, it came 11am and I was really hungry, so I had a banana and a pint of water, which held me out until lunch. For lunch at 1pm I had 4 Krisprolls with Light soft cheese, a stick of celery, an apple and a glass of semi-skimmed milk. Very tasty, although I am not sure it filled me up because I am hungry again now and its only 2.10pm, thats nearly 3 hours until dinner. But I will be good, I will have a snack at about 3.30pm of a nectarine, maybe an oxo drink as well to fool my tummy. ;) I am not going to give in to the hunger I know I am not starving and I am not going to die before dinner, lol :D

Anyway thats it for now, just got to check the baby potatoes I put in the pot which I am preparing for dinner tonight.

I will check in again later, have a lovely afternoon everyone.

Gemma xxx

Last edited:
Hi Gemma
Way to go on 2 great days in a row. You are going to see such a result at next weigh in if you continue this way!! There is nothing like a bit of housework to make you feel cleansed is there.
I wont go on about my day here, will post in my journal, but just wanted to say, thanks for coming by to mine, it is great to have such encouragement.
Have a good afternoon.
xx

Hi Gemma

you sound like me! I'm always moaning about being the only adult, in a house full of adults, who does any cleaning etc.. mutter mutter...

Anyway, you sound like you are doing really well, very positive. Keep it going, you are doing a good job!

Love

Hey,

Glad to hear you've had another great day! You're doing really well :)

Wish I'd done like you and tidied up this morning. I had a lazy day, and feel quite down - It's only in reading this that I've considered that maybe the state of the house, could have something to do with the state of my mood... and to do with how much I've wanted to eat!

I think I'll go tidy now... or might leave it to the morning and do some running instead... or might just go sleep! haha I know I'll feel better if I eat nothing and tidy up, but since when do I ever do what's best for me?? lol

Very glad to see you doing so well - it's encouraging me to do better myself! x

Back