Diet on Hold......Watch this space......

Wow Gemma, way to go!! You are really doing so well. How fantastic with all the exercise etc. I love you Mac!! So so cute. Anyway off to post on my diary!! I feel great today, and seem to have been posting on everyones today!!!
See you later
xxx

I have arrived in your diary.

But can't really say much as I will need to read back a bit which I will do this evening.

Hello though :D

Hiya Barb, thanks for your kind words. :) It does make things easier to wake up more refreshed and happier in the morning.

Hey clarri, nice to see that your feeling great :D.

Hello to you too puggso, thanks for stopping by. :)

Today is Tuesday 22nd July 2008 - Part Two of my diary.

I won't be too long, just wanted to note down my dinner. :) I had a handful of grapes about 30mins after lunch.

Dinner: Cottage Pie, mixed veg, cauliflower, white cabbage with gravy and 3 yorkie puds :D Lovely, made a nice change from salad. Nice to have a warm dinner. I shall be eating nothing else this evening.

I took Mac out again this evening for about half an hour, messing around with the rubber ring and playing tug, flinging him around the green. :chores016:

Thats it I think really, pleased I'm getting back on the exercise wagon. I hope to lose a bit more weight before my camping trip in a couple of weeks so shall really be working hard on the exercise and the diet.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening and an even better day tomorrow.

Love Gemma
xx

Last edited:
It sounds like you're doing really well Gemma! Go you!!!

:D Thanks for the encouragement ladies, I really appreciate it.

Today is Wednesday 23rd July 2008 - Part one of my diary.

Feeling good today, although think I might have over done it on the exercise. :eek:

Breakfast: Bowl of Shredded Wheat Fruitful, semi-skimmed milk.

Lunch:
Bowl of Shredded Wheat Fruitful, semi-skimmed milk.

Exercise: Hour and a half of housework including vacuuming. Took Mac out for 25 minutes, which included throwing the Frisbee for him, flinging him around with the rubber ring and running between two trees across the green 20 times (not all in one go though). Then came back and did a total of 1500 steps on my stepper including some time with the resistance tubes to give my arms a workout. I also did a total of 20 sit-ups, 20 leg lifts per leg while lying on my side and the same while lying on my back. I did numerous stretches too.

The whole exercise session took approximately an hour.

I am feeling quite sore and drained at the moment. I tried really hard with my exercising, but my back muscles are quite painful because of the sit-ups I think. :(

Anyway, apart from being sore, I am feeling happy, have not had the urge to pick at anything at all. I think that I am getting to a point that food doesn't control me as much as it used to and I quite happy to wait until my meals.

I hope everyone's day is going well.

Love Gemma
xxx

Today is Wednesday 23rd July 2008 - Part two of my diary.

Not much left to report, except that I still feel really quite stiff and sore, but I will punch through it, like I did with my legs when I first started my journey. ;)

Dinner: Home-made pasta salad (cucumber, tomato, lettuce, mushroom, celery, sweetcorn, radish) , with cubes of ham. Glass of cola light.

I am currently drinking another glass of cola light and having a treat of a chocolate egg. :D I worked really hard for it today and I have drunk plenty of water too.

Thats it for now. I hope you are all having a lovely evening. See you tomorrow.

Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel. :D

Love Gemma
xx

Hey Gemma
You really are going great arent you. I am scared to go walking again, but have told kids that we will do a mile later together. I suppose that will be better than nothing eh!!!
Hope the aches and pains are easing today.
xxx

Hiya clarri, aww don't be scared to walk again, just do it gentle, your right a mile is really good ;o) My aches are feeling a little better today thanks.

Today is Thursday 24th July 2008.

Breakfast: A bowl of Shredded Wheat Fruitful and semi-skimmed milk. A glass of Cranberry Juice.

Lunch: 4 cream crackers with soft cheese, packet of Squares crisps, glass of Cranberry Juice.

Dinner: A bowl of oven chips, 3 slices of white bread with butter.

Exercise: Walked down to local shops and back. Took Mac out for 15mins. Walked along the river, to the playing field, played Frisbee and flew my pocket kite, walked back home (about 3 hours).

Thats it really, had a bit of a slip with my food, and have been craving today but nothing too major. ;)

Hope you are all doing well.

Gemma
xx

Hi Gemma
Sounds like you are doing a great job of your eating/exercise plan, you are very motivated and inspiring.........
Try to eat as much fresh veg and fruit that you can incorporate into your diet to fill yourself up, gain beneficial nutrients and help boost your weight loss, and help to give you the feel good factor!

Love Diane xx

Hiya everyone, sorry I haven't been on since Thursday night. My weekend ended up being a lot busier than I thought it would be and most of the time, I either wasn't at home or when I was at home I didn't feel like going on my laptop because I was tired. :eek:

Just a quick recap about my weekend, because I would be here hours explaining it all in detail. :)

Thursday night, went for a walk down the river as I mentioned, but I can't believe that I forgot to mention that Mac had his first proper swim ever. It was lovely to watch and we are so proud of him. He normally can't pluck up the courage to go in further than where his little legs can touch the bottom, after his ball, but because I went in the river he jumped right in and swam.

Friday, we tried out the new map I bout for walking last week. Its a map of the Basingstoke are and we started at Watership Down(the real one that inspired the book) although we walked on a hill just next to it and ended in Overton, we walked along the Wayfarers Walk and it was beautiful. When I have time later I will post some photos :)

Saturday, my brothers took me out for the day in Portsmouth. We had lunch at Gunwharf Keys on a balcony looking over at the sea and The Spinnaker Tower, watching a Hurricane Plane doing maneuvers in the air. We walked around and enjoyed the atmosphere and then we watched The Dark Knight at the cinema, and it was amazing, I loved it. What a special day they treated me too. :D

Sunday, we went to a Carboot sale to look out for bargains before our camping trip not the weekend coming but the weekend after. Didn't find much though, but lovely morning for walking around. Then I relaxed at home listening to the Doctor Who Proms on the radio. :D

Phew thats about it activity wise. Food wise, I decided to have a break from the diet for the weekend so I could really enjoy it and regain some of my morale that has dwindled a bit, to carry on afresh today Monday. So today, I am back to my plan and uplifted again :)

I hope you are all ok. I will be catching up on all your lovely diaries as best I can in a little bit or perhaps this evening.

Love Gemma
xx

Phew Gemma,
Im worn out just reading your weekend!!! No wonder you hadnt got time to post!!! Good to hear you had a good time. I love when I have a good filled weekend as much as a nice quiet relaxed weekend. Hope today was a good day for you.
Take care
xxx

Today is Monday 28th July 2008

I did have a lovely weekend, and I have come back on my diet today, although not quite.

Breakfast: Honey Nut Shredded Wheat with skimmed milk.

Lunch: 4 Krisprolls with light soft cheese, a banana and a thin slice of cherry and sultana cake.

Dinner: Assorted crackers, light soft cheese, some chicken, cucumber, tomato, celery and a few doritoes. A couple slices of cake.

I am not sure how to explain how I am feeling at the moment. I felt so positive and energised when I started my diet and joined this forum. But the last week or so I have felt like am going nowhere fast, I have weighed myself more than I should as I said I would get it done with the doctor or at Boots instead of my rubbish scales, but I can't help it. I'm not expecting fast results, because I know it took a long time to put the weight on I have to expect it to take a long time to come off again too. I just feel like all my positivity has dried up for myself at the moment, I have loads to give to others but not for me. My mum said we would be dieting together and supporting each other, but so far, I am the only that has tried and my mum has been binging more than ever, although she has got a little better this week (its hard to explain but my mum suffers from really bad depression has done for a long time and it got worse a few years ago, I decided to leave my job at Christmas to be with her and try and help her pick herself up, but its not easy really.), you she is being really supportive but we were supposed to be making ourselves feel better together and at the moment, I am not feeling that there is a point. I am really trying my best, I have had a few slip ups and I took a break this weekend, I even nearly hurt myself last week with my exercise but I don't really feel any different of like I am achieving anything. I mean my ticker hasn't moved in ages. :sigh:

I don't know, not exactly having a hard day, just feeling a little hot with the weather and wondering what I am doing thats all.

Gemma
xx

Hey clarri just saw your post after I wrote mine, thanks for stopping by. :) Today was ok, but nothing special, hoping tomorrow will be better.

Thanks hun
Gemma
x

Oh Gemma,
Sorry to hear you are feeling down. Remember what you said to me? Slowly but surely, and enjoy life too. I bet you have lost, so dont be beating yourself up. I feel for you with your Mum. I suffered depression about 6 years ago, and know that it was very hard on those people who cared for me. But remember if you give up then it will only get worse. I have been actively trying to lose weight for the past year, and have basically maintained, but I know if I hadnt been trying I would be about 2 stone heavier now. One day at a time, and can I say, and please dont take this the wrong way, but no.1, I dont think you are eating enough, and what you are eating is a bit short on the fruit and veg side. (hear the expert!!! lol, but that is the frustrating thing, I know inside and out how to lose weight, just have to put it into action), I hope you dont take offence to me saying that.
Anyway, you CAN do this. We are all doing this together, and even if your Mum cant handle it at the moment, (isnt everything an effort when youre depressed :() you can do it. We need you here to bounce off, and we are here for you. Jeeny, look what I have been going through the past couple of weeks, with no weight loss!!! We are the soldiers that have to keep marching on.
Keep the chin up honey.
xxxxx
BIG HUGS
((((((((Gemma))))))))

Hi Gemma
Glad you enjoyed your weekend, and hugs to you for feeling a bit down and confused about the whole dieting thing.
May i suggest joining a slimming club, slimming world is great if you have a big appetite, weight watchers is great if you really need to have sweets/cakes etc (my opinion)!
Going to a club can really motivate you and help to keep your motivation up, and really educate you on what foods to eat. Slimming world is really good because you can eat unlimited amounts of certain food and still lose weight. I regularly lost 3lbs per week on this plan. You really want to lose the weight badly and i feel your pain sweetheart and i know how easy it would be to give up or get fed up if you are not getting results every week, which is where a slimming club is great, a diet plan with real structure behind it really does shift the lbs, and im sure once your mum saw how well you where doing she would join with you. You can be an inspiration to her.
This is obviously just a suggestion and how you lose weight is your own personal choice, but i really feel that this would help you. I do agree with Clarri that perhaps you are not eating enough/not eating the right foods to help you lose weight, and of course this can hinder your weight loss. Im thinking of you and hope that you decide on a way forward! I want to see a photo of you in a sexy dress at xmas feeling a million dollars babe!

Love Diane xx

Hi Gemma,
Hope you're feeling a bit more positive today. Like Clarri, Diane and you yourself have said slowly but surely. You are doing so well! I'm hoping for you that you were just having a down day yesterday (as we all do from time to time).
STOP weighing yourself. Get your mum to hide the scales!!! There's no point obsessing about weight, it'll come off as its meant to through committment and determination and you have heaps of both hun! You CAN do this!
We're all here for support and encouragement, remember that won't you?
(((Hugs)))

~Silence~

Back