Diet on Hold......Watch this space......

Oh lovely, thanks for stopping by and leaving such encouraging messages I always enjoy reading what you have written, it really spurs me on and keeps me motivated. :D

Hey mummytummy, the state of your surroundings can very much reflect your mood. I always try to keep things tidy but sometimes I don't and it gets in a mess and I get annoyed and I either leave it, to get worse and get more annoyed or I do it before it gets there. If you can give your house a little tidy, if you think it needs it, then you will feel so much better, because that is something else you can control too. ;)

I am pleased that my experiences so far are helping you along the way as well. I bet together we can help each other in our missions to lose weight and feel more confident and happier with ourselves. ;)

Today is Wednesday 16th July 2008. This is part two of my diary today.

Well I had dinner at 5pm as usual. I had a nice bit of salad, some baby potatoes and a slice of ham, with an ice cold glass of water. It was a really nice dinner and I really enjoyed it. As a treat I had a chocolate ice cream cone, but don't worry I won't be having them too often. ;)

I am sad to report that at about 8pm I was still really hungry, now this is one of the symptoms of my TOTM, I can get very hungry not matter how much I eat, as I mentioned before. My mum told me that I should eat something to satisfy it otherwise that would be all I thought about and wouldn't be able to go to sleep when I go to bed later. So instead of reaching for the crisps, chocolate or biscuits, I went for a healthier option of a few Krisprolls with light soft cheese and a cup of Horlicks. I couldn't handle more fruit either because the liquid, I just want to be wee all the time, lol. This did the trick and I don't have to feel too guilty because it wasn't horribly unhealthy.

Other than that I have had a nice evening watching telly with my mum. :)

I have brushed my teeth now and will be going to bed shortly so no more food shall be passing these lips tonight. ;)

Once again thanks for visiting, It means a lot to me, to be able to share my feelings with you guys. :) I hope my diary isn't too boring and you still keep coming back and helping me.

Thanks, take care, and have a lovely morning/day tomorrow.

Love Gemma
xxx

Hey Gemma
Your diary never bores us AT ALL, so dont even think it! You are both encouraging and motivating to all who reads it, so just you keep writting girl! You are still going strong and making healthy choices, so good on you!

Hunger is every dieters worst enemy. May i suggest you look into eating a g.I style diet, foods that will steady your blood sugar levels so you dont feel so hurgry! i.e wholegrains etc Dont know alot about it, but when i am at my goal weight i plan to eat healthy nutricious foods that will keep me feeling full for longer.
Maybe worth looking into???

love Diane xx

Hi Gemma
You are so so good. I bet you are very proud of yourself for not reaching for the junk food. I wonder are you actually eating enough? Have you worked out how many calories you should be having? Just from what you write, i dont think you are getting enough:eek:
Anyway, love your diary, so keep it up.
xxx

Hey Diane and clarri, thanks for stopping by. :)

I could have a look into the diet you have suggested Diane, thanks for giving me a new idea. :)

Clarri, I am not really sticking to a strict calorie counting diet, so to be honest not too sure how many calories a day I am getting. I am trying to choose healthy options with smaller portions really, although I do keep calories in mind when choosing what to eat. :)

Its actually really funny, because yesterday I was quite hungry all day and today, I haven't even had one single hunger pain, which is great. I only needed to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with no snacks in between, so I am really pleased with myself today.

Today is Thursday 17th July 2008.

I have been a little tired today. For breakfast I had three slices of toasted Weight Watchers bread, no butter with Marmite. I ate my second attempt because I set fire to the first try toasting it in the toaster. I didn't realise that WW bread is lighter than normal bread so I had the toaster up full whack like I normally do, and it burnt the toast to a crisp, the kitchen was full of smoke and the toast was burning with embers lol. I can't believe it what an idiot. :eek:

For lunch at 1pm, I had a bowl of cereal, shredded wheat fruitful and a nectarine. I fell asleep at about 1.30pm and woke up at 3pm, lol, must have needed it.

I didn't need a snack because I wasn't really hungry. For my dinner at 5pmI had salad, baby new potato salad, and three Golden drummers, very yummy, really enjoyed my dinner. :) I haven't had anything since and I am feeling fine, not hungry at all.

I took Mac out for a walk, and thats about it really for today, except for preparing lunch and my bag for tomorrows big walk. It should be a fairly nice day, so I am looking forward to it. :) I won't be on until the evening tomorrow, if I'm not too tired. ;)

I hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow.

Take care
Gemma
xx

Hiya everyone, finished my walk at about 5.20pm got home for about 6pm, had a nice bath, had some tea and am now writing my diary entry for today before I call it a day and go to bed. :) I hope you have all had great day. ;)

Friday 18th July 2008.

Today mum and I went for another one of our long walks, we like to do these on a Friday and also try walking on Saturday and Sunday too if we can. We were dropped off at our starting point by my dad which was a place called Hambledon and started walking at about 8.30am. It was a lovely walk following parts of the Wayfarers Way, Monarch's Way and South Downs Way until we reached Exton where we were picked up at about 5.20pm.

We walked just under 11 miles today, not quite as many as last Friday, but this is still quite an achievement. We decided to stop before we got way too tired and to the point of collapse so that we could probably do another walk tomorrow without being in too much pain or too shattered not to go at all. :) Although we will see what happens tomorrow, nothing definite planned yet.

It was a nice day today, a bit close with the cloud cover and it only really rained once on us at lunch time, so not too bad at all. There was one particular hill that was really steep and it very nearly killed me, but I made it to the top slowly but surely and so did my mum and she has asthma. We collapsed at the top for about 20 minutes, and the pain was well worth it for the exercise and also the view was spectacular. When we got to Old Winchester Hill, Hillfort the view was 360 degrees and was breath-taking, so definitely worth the walk. :)

Now for the days food:

Breakfast: 3 slices of Weight Watchers white bread toasted with no butter and Marmite.

Snack: Banana, and a few sweets for sugar on the walk. A couple of raw monkey nuts too.

Lunch: Individual tub of home made pasta salad. A Muller Light Toffee yoghurt and an apple.

Dinner: An assortment of crackers/Krisprolls with soft cheese and pate and a couple slices of ham. A handful of salted Doritoes dipped in sweet chilli sauce. A mug of hot chocolate to satisfy my seet craving after a walk. ;)

Thats about it really. Not sure what I'm up to tomorrow, but what ever your up to I would like to wish you a happy day. :)

Love Gemma
xxx

Aw wishing you happy day to, Gemma! :D

Sounds like you had a lovely day today. Glad you enjoyed your walk :) Good day for you: All healthy food and lots of exercise - well done! x

Hey Gemma,
you are doing fab sweetheart! All that exercise is fantastic! I could never have managed that you know! You must really feel the benefits! You must feel so energised, and you know, exercise is the best thing to lift your mood (says me who cant even walk to the shops:rolleyes:)

But you are really motivating me Gem to get more active, and i think i may well do that this week, so thanks:) You have inspired me:D

Hope you have another great day tomorrow:)

Love Diane xx

hi gemma
first of all your dog is adorable!!!!!!!!!!
well done on the walking. you live in such a beautiful place, no wonder it inspires you. i'm originally from the countryside and now i live in a city. its a bit depressing really!!!
take care

Hi Gemma
Thanks for sharing those lovely photos with us, and you dog is indeed adorable, so so so cute!!!!
And those views are just amazing! Just the reason i love going out exploring on my horse (haha, am too lazy to use my own legs!)
and i could really see us both cantering along those tracks! lol

Hope you had a lovely walk today and have some nice photos to share with us!

Love Diane xx

Wow - lovely views!

Lovely pics! How healthy and positive a walk in countryside like that feels! Mac is just gorgeous!

:D Just a quick post to check in and let you now I haven't disappeared. Was a little busy yesterday, so didn't have much time to get on here. Last night my little brothers girlfriend slept round so she had to have my bed and I bunked with mum, so I think I got about 2 hours sleep tops. I am absolutely shattered today, so thats why I haven't been on to post my diary for a while, and right now, I can barely make words into sentences so I shall be going to bed soon, and will be back bright and fresh tomorrow. :D

Thanks for the comments on my photos, I love to take the camera with me, I can get such beautiful shots, I have hundreds of them on my laptop.

Mac asked me to send you his love after hearing the sweet comments about how lovely he is. He is looking very smug for himself now. :D

Goodnight everyone, be back tomorrow, to look in on all my friends diaries, just too tired to do it tonight. :(

Love Gemma
xx

Hi Gemma
Hope you slept better last night!!!
I just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement on my diary. It means a lot. :)

Silence

Hey Silence, thanks for stopping by again ;)

I did get a good nights sleep last night, but I don't know whats the matter with me though, all I have wanted to do is sleep today, I am so tired. I get these phases sometimes, where I have a couple of sleepy days.

I am happy to support you in your weight-loss journey hun, thats why I joined this forum, to inspire, be inspired and make new friends, ;) so no worries.

I had a good weekend, I'm not going to write down my entries for Saturday and Sunday, though. Fresh start today.

Today is Monday 21st July 2008

Nothing much to report today really. I did weigh myself this morning, just to check that I am going in the right direction, not as an official weigh-in which I am saving for when I visit the doctor once a month, or go down Boots, lol. My scales are so confusing so I don't really trust them.

I took Mac out twice today and went down town, bought a new Ordnance Survey map for the Basingstoke area, so a few more walks for mum, Mac and I to do. Yay.

I have just been so tired to do anything else, I hope I will pick up tomorrow because I want to start my exercise on my stepper again, now that my TOTM has come to an end, wahoooo!!! :D

Breakfast: 3 slices Weight-Watchers toast no butter, with Marmite.

Lunch: Bowl of Shredded Wheat Fruitful

Dinner: Salad, Prawn Cocktail, a few crackers and soft cheese.

Thats about it really, hoping to go to bed soon and get some sleep and feel better tomorrow. :)

I hope you are have a brilliant day tomorrow. You are all amazing and you can reach your goals. ;)

Love Gemma
xxx

Hiya Gemma
Im back and wont bore you with my details, as you will probably read in my diary!!!
Glad you had such a good wkend. Your doggy is adorable. And is that your Mum in the pics? She is a good looker eh!!!
I hope you are more refreshed tomorrow. I know the feeling on tiredness. I am exhausted. I was doing my work experience today and all the children wanted me to draw pictures for them. My poor hand was cramping!!!
See you tomorrow.
Sleep well.
xxx

:bliss: Yay, your back clarri. Hello. :) That is my mum in the pics, and she is lovely but she won't believe you if you told her, has massive self-image issues. :( I am feeling much better today thanks, just must have needed some extra sleep. :)

Today is Tuesday 22nd July 2008 - Part One of my diary.

I woke up this morning feeling a little better than I have in the last couple of days. :) I have decided to go back to my two bowls of cereal for two meals diet again for a little while.

Breakfast: A bowl of Shredded Wheat Fruitful cereal.

I took Mac out for 30mins, we played on the green the whole time. I threw the Frisbee for him and his tennis ball and his rubber ring. I ran between two trees either side of the green 6 times and played tug with him, which was a great warm up, got all hot and sweaty before my exercise session.

When I got back, I jumped on my stepper and did 10mins, got off walked around my garden a couple of times, while Mac was trying to bite my ankles off lol, then did 10 sit ups and 10 leg lifts with each leg (you know the one where you lay on your side and lift your leg up in the air) then jumped back on my stepper with the resistance tubes for 5mins, came off and repeated what I did before, got back on the stepper for the last 5mins and then did another 10 leg lifts for each leg.

I did a total of 1500 steps in 20mins, plus all those extra exercises in between. :)

I am really proud of myself, I was determined to get back to my exercise after having a break last week and I have done so well already today.

Lunch:
A bowl of Shredded Wheat Fruitful cereal.

Thats it for now, will be back later. :) I hope you are all having a great day.

Love Gemma
xx

You sound in a good positive mood Gemma - well done. It makessuch a difference if you awake refreshed rather than shattered, doesn't it?

You are really building that exercise up too! Fab!

Love

Back