diet plan - worried I'm having too much!

AlfieAmelia1

Desperate for some advice!

I've been following slimming world for around 10 weeks and in that time ive managed to lose 11lb. Although now, my weight loss has come to a stand still and I'm worried I'm simply eating too much!

Would anyone cast their eye over today's food diary, which is pretty typical for most days for me and give me any pointers?!?

Breakfast - 2 slice nimble hexa, 1/2 tin baked beans, 2 fried eggs in frylight, 1 bacon no fat in frylight

Lunch - chicken and egg fried rice with abundant mixed veg and greenbeans - rice 1/2 pouch bachelor's chicken rice, cooked then mixed with 2 eggs scrambled and soy sauce + chunks chicken breast

Dinner - lean beef casserole, using stock and oxo. Barley, carrots tinned potatoes and casserole vegetables

I've drank 2litres of water throughout the day also.

I'm a stone from my target weight of 10stone

Thanks in advance xxx

Hey :) I wouldn't say you're eating too much, as such! But I think as our weight gets lower and lower, its definitely harder to shift it :)
If I were you, the first thing I'd try is altering the proportions of free/speed food. Eg. Breakfast has no speed food- could you have tinned tomatoes instead of beans? Mushrooms instead of one of the eggs?
Lunch, could you make some cauliflower rice and lessen the amount of regular rice? Or switch to salad/vegetable soup for a couple of days a week?
Lastly, what are you doing re syns? Some people cut them back too much, or need to cut them back a little bit.
Hope this helps! X

Thanks for the reply!

Defo makes sense to alter proportion free and speed, I'll work on that!

With my syns,I have been known to save them up for the weekend, and eating mainly free or very low syn meals in the week. Could this be hindering weight loss u think? Xx

No problem! I think it really varies with the weekly versus daily syns. Some people find it works for them no problems, others find they have small/no losses. I think a lot of it is based on when you splurge in relation to WI day. So if i WI on Thurs and spend syns at the weekend I'm usually OK as I have time to claw it back!
That said, it can be tough facing the week with few syns.
Maybe try upping the speed food and see how you go? If your still not losing, maybe try having a few steady weekends and sticking to daily syns? X

Back