Dietninja returns...3 months to slimdom

Feaster

Once you start eating you find it hard to stop. It takes more food for you to experience the same sense of fullness as most other people, so you are likely to eat more than your body actually needs.
Feasters may have low levels of the gut hormones that are released when you eat and tell your brain when you should stop eating.
By focusing on eating the right type of foods, you can work with the body's natural appetite control system and avoid the need to count calories.

Sounds about right for me, I like the idea of 5:2 and combining it with decreased carbs on feast days will def help. :)

Have been perusing my of S&S diary.

Started at 12.9 (nearly a stone lighter than this time...I'm 4lbs off that now)

I did 5 days and lost 8.5lbs (same as this time...am surprised, I remember it as more)

After 2 weeks I'd lost 13lbs and was 11.10

Then I went to a party and binged
Then I messed around with low carb and gained lost gained...

Then ended my diet at 11.6 Went away for Christmas vowing to go low carb and haven't stopped gaining since!

But one thing is very clear...that time the vlcd, for whatever reason, messed with my head MUCH more than it is now. Whether it's because I was fitter and exercising along side, or just not in the right place mentally, or because it was slightly less calories than I'm on now, I'm not sure.but for whatever reason, this vlcd is proving far more sustainable. I'm not even considering other diet options (not seriously anyway) but the whole time last time I was wavering between vlcd / calorie counting / 5:2 etc. Better not waste this opportunity then!!!

I also worked out today that if I lost an average of 3.5lbs a week I could be at goal at the beginning of April (12 weeks)...how great would that be?!

I also worked out today that if I lost an average of 3.5lbs a week I could be at goal at the beginning of April (12 weeks)...how great would that be?!

That would be amazing and only 3 months to do what would take at least a year on other diets! Keep that in mind xx

Need to loose 6st to be healthy weight. Starting 05.01.15
Week 1 - 11lb
Week 2 -
Week 3 -
Week 4 -

So the programme tonight, they basically put them on these diets:

Feasters - slimming world type diet (high protein, low GI - carbs wise, yes to pasta and basmati rice, no to potatoes & bread.

Constant cravers - intermittent fasting. 2 days a week up to 800cals low carb. No diet but eat healthily on the other 5. It'll be interesting to see a mass trial of 5:2...it's only really been done on a small trial basis. Also I wonder what made them decide up to 800cal instead of the more oft quoted 500...? Also interesting they specified no carbs on fast days.

Emotional eaters - low cal & habit breaking. Recognises the value of group support, including over the Internet (yay minimins!) and SW or WW.

It was quite gimmicky ...all the strawberry picking, what was that about???? And I don't believe we all got into exactly one of those 3 groups. But it's nice they recognise that one diet does not fit all.

What did you all think?

I'm getting annoyed with my daily weigh ins so I'm going to post them here to keep track. Fri will still be my official one.

Fri (official): 12.12.6

Sat: 12.12.8
Sun: 12.12.6
Mon: 12.12.2
Tues: 12.10.8
Wed:
Thurs:
Fri:

I really want to drop another lb in the next two days, I'm not doing this diet for 2lb a week!!!(even though I wasn't achieving that on other diets, I was only averaging 1/2 to 1lb!)
Fortunately the next few days are packs only...

Sometimes I find that I have a crap week then an amazing week, so you might only lose 1-2lb this week but next week loose 4-7ish I have just made thaw figures up but sometimes our bodies do this to us. I weighed that morning and lost nothing! Think I might get the same problem this week. Keep going x

Week 1 - 11lb
Week 2 -
Week 3 -
Week 4 -

I didn't know the programme was on last night.
Below are my results.
I reckon once lose a couple of stone I may try a low gi diet on up intermittent days kind of diet :)

ForumRunner_20150113_091136.png

Well done on your loss so far, your doing great. Keep going, I find some weeks I don't have a great loss but the following week the loss is better, you might fnd the next weigh in is a good one.
Hope your having a good day.

Well done on your loss so far, your doing great. Keep going, I find some weeks I don't have a great loss but the following week the loss is better, you might fnd the next weigh in is a good one. Hope your having a good day.

Thank you! I'm having a niggly day today! I've had a niggly hunger all day :/ not sure why. It hasn't been overwhelming and I resisted but it was annoying!

How's your day been?

Tuesday 13th Jan - day 12

Water: 3 litres so far
Ex: 13577 steps

B - choc mint shake (yummy)

L - 1/2 toffee nut & raisin bar

T - carbonara pack, 1/2 toffee nut & raisin bar

Tomorrow is parents eve. Will have half a bar for lunch and half before parents eve so I can keep going!

Sounds like we're having a very similar week 2. A 'niggly day' just about sums it up right now. We're both doing really well though and so we will power through and look forward to a whoosh in time for Fri :D

Fingers crossed for you! :)

Hi guys I'm not alone in the hell that is wanting food! In not hungry a such just want food. But I think if overcome it by booking my flights to America so im excited now and want free wear nice clothes x

Week 1 - 11lb
Week 2 -
Week 3 -
Week 4 -

Hi guys I'm not alone in the hell that is wanting food! In not hungry a such just want food. But I think if overcome it by booking my flights to America so im excited now and want free wear nice clothes x Need to loose 6st to be healthy weight. Starting 05.01.15 Week 1 - 11lb Week 2 - Week 3 - Week 4 -
yay! Go for it! Great motivation!

So watching the bbc programme part 2...nothing revolutionary here.

Laughed when they said water weight of up to 2lbs in first week...ours was significantly more!

Also they could have stretched to a Fitbit instead of a rubbish pedometer!

I also worried a bit when they said the feasters had to stick to low GI, high protein forever...what no treats occasionally? Even slimmjng word recognises the need for a little of what you fancy!

I liked that the dietician recognised the huge mental energy needed when dieting. That is totally the way I'm feeling at the mo!

Back