Dietninjas 21 Day Fix & SW Diary

well done DN! You have made excellent progress!

Thank you...bit of a miracle! Sometimes I'm not sure what differentiates the times we are successful at losing weight from the times we're not.

Last time I had any success was winter 2012 to spring 2013. I got to about half a stone lighter than I am now. Then I spent the rest of 2013 yo-yoing and 2014 gaining.

I really don't want to do that this time but I'm not sure how not to!!!!!

Thank you for the fab post on my diary. I've just got in from nightshift so will re read it again later as there's some great points in there :) I think I'm going to take a leaf out of your book, have some higher cals days where i can exercise :). Can you recommend any decent high protein low carb shakes??? B

I don't know much about them tbh, but I order protein shakes from the my protein website. They are 99 cals ish for a scoop and I have them post exercise with a tsp of honey or a banana or frozen berries as it really helps with cravings and recovery.

My fave is currently choc peanut butter flavour but when I next order I'm going to try the salted caramel flavour :)

This is making me want to do exante for 2 weeks DN!!

What a difference ninja! You must be chuffed :D x

Dietninjas 14 days of Exante!

Blondcat - I only did it for a week but now I'm upping my cals and doing the 21 day fix extreme for 3 weeks, then I think I'll do another week of Exante.

I think, after all the foods and weights of the body coach, the switch to no exercise and low cal shook my body up a bit...I dropped half a stone and haven't put any back on yet (been eating for the last 2 days and have had no glycogen comeback!)

If I can maintain the loss this week, then shift more slowly the next two weeks (21 day fix is 1500-1800 cals for me) on week 4 I'll come back to Exante in the hope of repeating the success!

QB - yes! Totally! :) :) :)

I couldn't believe it when I put those photos together....!

Blondcat - I've been following you for a bit (stalker alert!!!) and you are an inspiration.
I read you're having problems with your thyroid. If you're feeling brave I would do the opposite and up your cals and fat for a week or two. The bodycoach plan did wonders for my hormones simply because it rebalanced everything with a nutrient dense calorie rich approach. It totally reset my metabolism. But eating more is a very scary prospect!!!!

Sunday 17 May

Rest day

B - chicken & lime with stir fried veg (finishing what's in the fridge!)

L - 100g pressels sesame seed pretzel crisps....yummy but naughty!
Skinny latte

T - chicken & lime with stirfried veg
Rest of pressel crisps...don't want them hanging around!

S - hot choc & peanut butter protein shake

Cal 1440
Carbs 127g (!)

So the 21 day fix extreme arrived and whilst my girls are swimming I'm having a look at it.

I plan to do this for the next three weeks then chuck in another week of Exante to use up my packs and keep my metabolism guessing!

It's basically a 30 min workout every day and a calorie controlled clean eating plan.

I will be on 1500-1800 cals a day. You can either count or they send these little tubs to help you portion out. I'm going to track with MFP, but want to get used to eyeballing portion size.

Here's the calorie calculating stuff

image-1358519082.jpg

Hey Dietninja, love your photos - what a big difference! Is that over a stone lighter?

I'll be interested to see how you get on with this latest plan above. They must be some merit in their system. They are advising 750 calories deficit so you should be losing about 1.5lbs per week which is very sustainable.

Hi Kat it's 2 stone off.

I agree with their calorie count but I tried to plan 2 days of meals using the portion system and it took me over an hour to work it all out!!!

So I'm going to stick with 1500-1800 cals, clean eating, protein and veg at every meal and carbs after exercise and not stress the pot thing yet! See how the weight loss goes!

Uh oh....May have fallen head first into a pit of sugary food. Not gonna feel guilt but will take some time to analyse why it happened tomorrow.

Will shake off the food coma tomorrow for my new plan! 21 days of clean eating here I come :)

Urghhhh remind me that sugar before bed keeps me awake! and makes me feel ill....:(

So what did I eat?

It started with those yummy pressel pretzel crisps. I was food shopping whist hungry (no-no number 1), and couldn't resist, thought I deserved a treat, knew I was starting a new plan tomorrow etc.

So I ate half the bag. Then decided not to eat lunch to compensate (no-no number 2...if I had eaten a large dose of protein with this I would have been fine).

Of course ive been low carb for a bit so my blood sugar probably rocketed then crashed. So 3 hours later...I was craving. So I ate the other half of the bag (doh! No-no number 3) and them five rice cakes with hummus. And then the rest of the tub of hummus with my daughter, then a tsp of peanut butter.

Fortunately common sense took over a for tea I had roast chicken with broccoli and a bit of gravy (luckily hadn't cooked enough potatoes for me because I hadn't gone nuts before I started cooking.)

Then, because "I'd already blown it" (no-no number 4, biggest of them all) I had 1 marshmallow, 2 Maryland cookies, a club bar and a bag of strawberry laces (stolen off my kids...bad mummy!) This is what happens when I deliberately don't buy naughty snacks for me...it doesn't happen often but when I really crave something sugary I end up eating stuff I don't really want.

Oh well. Hopefully some lessons I'll remember next time to stop it escalating. If I'd eaten a protein rich lunch, with or without the crisps, the whole episode could have been avoided. Instead I get a sleepless night and a food hangover tomorrow :(

3100 cals...1500 over (that's a whole day!!!)

Oh well. Part of me wants to fast tomorrow to compensate but part of me is worried about getting into a diet binge cycle.

I'm going to compromise. I'll take a healthy lunch into work and eat when I'm hungry. But I won't eat before I'm hungry and not before 10...want to give at least 12 hours since I last ate to give my body a chance to process the crap I dumped on it.

Similar here!!!! Although eating sugar makes me feel happy, relaxed and more energetic. Had the best sleep I've had in months :). I'm really not normal ;)

Please join me in not suffering today for it. Just see today as a new day, not a day to 'make up for yesterday' I feel that's the kinda thing that leads to obsession. Well for me anyway.

I love the sound of your 21 day plan, I may try something similar...

Day 1/21

Because of my stupid sugar eating antics I couldn't sleep last night. So I couldn't get up this morning. So I failed to exercise. Never mind...as long as I do it this afternoon!

Similar here!!!! Although eating sugar makes me feel happy, relaxed and more energetic. Had the best sleep I've had in months :). I'm really not normal ;) Please join me in not suffering today for it. Just see today as a new day, not a day to 'make up for yesterday' I feel that's the kinda thing that leads to obsession. Well for me anyway. I love the sound of your 21 day plan, I may try something similar...

Nah other than being knackered, I'm fine. What's done is done.

I won't try and make up for it, but I also hate forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry, so I'll play it by ear.

A little bit of sugar has a positive effect on me but lots right before bedtime does not!!! Not sleep wise, anyway! Monday is my busiest day at work too :/

Hi Diet Ninja,

Have recently read & subscribed to your diary. It's a very inspiring read and well done on your fabulous weight loss to date.

I'm starting a mixture of Exante TS & WS from today. Ideally I would like to complete 7 days of TS but self discipline isn't my forte.

Keep up the good work & don't worry about your little sugar slip last night.

TJ x

How are you feeling now Dietninja? I can complete relate to the fest and lack of sleep. That horrible feeling definitely motivates me to get back to a good place with the diet. It's amazing how rubbish a sugar or carb fest can make us feel!

Back