Dietninjas 21 Day Fix & SW Diary

I find I sleep better if I eat bad food, but maybe that's cause my bad foods are usually savoury. I need a nap after a big bowl of pasta haha. Dieting keeps me awake. I'm weird!

Good luck for today :) x

No, QueenB, you're 'normal'. Carbohydrate meals such as pasta are well-known for making people sleepy. When we diet we don't have enough food in our tums to get that drowsy effect LOL xx

Hi Diet Ninja, Have recently read & subscribed to your diary. It's a very inspiring read and well done on your fabulous weight loss to date. I'm starting a mixture of Exante TS & WS from today. Ideally I would like to complete 7 days of TS but self discipline isn't my forte. Keep up the good work & don't worry about your little sugar slip last night. TJ x

Thank you :) good luck with Exante :)

How are you feeling now Dietninja? I can complete relate to the fest and lack of sleep. That horrible feeling definitely motivates me to get back to a good place with the diet. It's amazing how rubbish a sugar or carb fest can make us feel!

I feeling v motivated, mainly coz I felt so rubbish! Not feeling hugely motivated to exercise though, but I did it anyway!!

Bananas, queen b and serial slimmer...a pasta meal would make me sleepy, but the combination of sugar and being overfull keeps me awake.

When I have lots of marking I have been known to eat haribo to keep me awake :/

Monday - Day 1 of 21 day fix extreme (21DFX)

Fast day. I'm not planning on doing many fast days but today I just wasn't hungry after my feast yesterday. So I skipped breakfast and had an Exante bar for lunch.

1.30pm toffee nut & raisin bar

Ex: 21DFX plyo - 30 mins
(interval training, mostly squats & lunges with a few burpee tuck jumps etc. v hard going and technically challenging which meant I couldn't get my HR into the peak zone.)

6.30pm chicken in a veg & tomato sauce, asparagus

Cals: 511
Carbs: 27g

If I'm hungry I'll have a hot protein shake later which will take cals to 611.

Bananas, queen b and serial slimmer...a pasta meal would make me sleepy, but the combination of sugar and being overfull keeps me awake. When I have lots of marking I have been known to eat haribo to keep me awake :/

I do hear ya actually, when I'm on a crazy project I have sugar and caffeine to keep me on the ball :) x

Dietninjas 21 Day Fix Diary (cal counting & exercise)

Day 2 of 21DFX

AM: arms
felt difficult because of fast day yesterday and now I'm struggling to lift my arms high enough to type this! I like the format and the exercise though (except for the two resistance band exercises...I have never got to grips with those!!)

Post workout - protein shake with tsp honey

B - egg, 50g cashews (forgot to take breakfast to work and this is all I had available)

L - pitta filled with 2 boiled eggs, cottage cheese and red pepper

( 3 mile run)

S - medium skinny latte

T - Chicken in tomato sauce and grated cheddar (with pasta if I've run or courgetti if I haven't)

Last edited:
Then, because "I'd already blown it" (no-no number 4, biggest of them all) I had 1 marshmallow, 2 Maryland cookies, a club bar and a bag of strawberry laces (stolen off my kids...bad mummy!) This is what happens when I deliberately don't buy naughty snacks for me...it doesn't happen often but when I really crave something sugary I end up eating stuff I don't really want.

Oh well. Hopefully some lessons I'll remember next time to stop it escalating. If I'd eaten a protein rich lunch, with or without the crisps, the whole episode could have been avoided. Instead I get a sleepless night and a food hangover tomorrow :(

I could have written this! That's exactly how I got to love Iced jems - because they were always in the cupboard for kids and there was nothing else in the whole house that I actually bought for myself. At 100cal per bag I still have them occasionally as a treat...

Otherwise the best way to deal with sugar craving for me is dark 75% chocolate. There's always a bar in my the drawer. It's not sweet at all but so therapeutic!

poss = possible? have you done the run yet?

How's your day going DNinja?
Run done yet? Xx

Hello! Just been for run...legs were achey from yesterday and I didn't have my inhaler with me so a bit wheezy but 3 miles in 30 mins so I'm pleased :)

How are your days going Kat and SS?

Well done that's brilliant... Raging about inhaler though xx

It's in the boot of my car and I didn't drive to work. Don't normally need it but I guess there's quite a bit of pollen about at mo.

First run with my new fitbit HR (pressie to myself for losing 2 stone) - loved it!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1432057822.816283.jpg

Ok so I did something random today...I signed up for slimming world!

I'm not sure I'll stick it because I do love my healthy fats, but one of my friends goes and she said the new consultant was great - really into healthy eating etc. the old one used to drive me crazy...full of nutritional myths that she presented as fact, kept telling people not to exercise and forever promoting crap food like mugshots. She was at least 3 stone overweight (yes, I know we all have our demons! But not a great role model) and the meetings always overran.

Anyway, I'm sick of counting and thought I'd give it a go. If it doesn't work I'll head back to calorie counting but I like to ring the changes and now that I'm not using switching plans as an excuse to binge, I can play around as much as I like!!!!

Now just got to get my head round the plan again (although last time I did it I wasn't clean eating...)

I did quite well on sw before but like you gave it up as didn't like the person running the group, she spent the whole time talking about chocolate and used to bring in empty packets and boxes of sweets, cakes and crap basically! All very random and think she had real issues lol.

Keep us posted on how you get on x

Thanks slimwannabe...not sure, I'm on 1550 cals for today but would have been on 24 syns!!! And I thought I'd done quite well! Will be interesting!

Back