Dietninja's fasting diary 2015

I'm going to centre parcs around 20th August but on 20th July I'm going to Corsica for a week...so 5 months really. Should be doable. I'd like to shift the bulk of the weight by Easter though.

There's 9 weigh ins til Easter and if I carried on at this rate (1.5 a week) id lose another stone (take me to 11.11. So if it doesn't pick up I might try and do the last week or 2 before Easter on packs just to see the tens! But I'll wait until nearer the time to decide.

Wed 28th Jan

Ex: 12888 steps, shred DVD (cardio)
Water: 1.5 litres

B - 2 boiled eggs, 20g cheddar, medium soya latte

L - half an enormous feta and roast tomato whole grain baguette from a sandwich shop. Cup of tea.

T - shepherds pie topped with sweet potato, stir fried courgette
1 choccie biccie.

Cal: approx 1700

Was away on a trip today, so a relatively unhealthy lunch. I did my exercise DVD when I got home but my heart wasn't in it...felt v tired. Glad I pushed through but feeling a bit meh this eve.

This week:

Starting the week at 12.11

Wed - UD 1700 cals 12888 steps, 30 mins cardio DVD
Thurs - fast
Fri - UD
Sat - UD
Sun - fast
Mon - UD
Tues - fast & weigh in

Hey DNinja! I consider living sugar-free to be the Key to the Kingdom. That's how I lost my original huge amount of weight. Low-carb with motivational spells of Cambridge and other VLCD meals. It's sugar and to a slightly lesser extent, starches that spark cravings and binges. Please don't overdo the exercise on a low daily intake. Other than that, go for it! x

Hey DNinja! I consider living sugar-free to be the Key to the Kingdom. That's how I lost my original huge amount of weight. Low-carb with motivational spells of Cambridge and other VLCD meals. It's sugar and to a slightly lesser extent, starches that spark cravings and binges. Please don't overdo the exercise on a low daily intake. Other than that, go for it! x

I won't! I'm upping my cals slowly. Thank you though :) I went back on sugar and I'm craving like crazy so from tomorrow I'm off it again...it really does make a difference!

I had a binge yesterday evening. I think part of what brought it on was knowing I had a fast day next day, and it was also the day I properly went back to carbs...they definitely don't agree with me!!!

So I've decided to fast 2 days a week instead of three, and to ease up my fast days, so they are less than 750 cals rather than less than 500.

Let's see how that works out!!!

Thurs 29th January

Ex: 16276 steps
Water: 1 litre :(

B - black coffee

L - 3 scrambled eggs with butter, courgette and mushrooms

T - homemade cauliflower cheese soup, chorizo

Cals: 690

This week:

Starting the week at 12.11

Wed - Very UD!!! 3200 cals !!! 12888 steps, 30 mins cardio DVD
Thurs - 690 cals, 16300 steps
Fri - UD
Sat - UD
Sun - fast (optional)
Mon - UD
Tues - fast & weigh in

I am sad :( I really liked the idea of 5:2 but it brought back my bingeing :( :( I know some people have a lot of success with it but I have spent 3 days in a binge pit and have gained weight. Drawing a line now ad coming back to Exante from tomorrow. Only for a week or two, then I'm going on to straight calorie counting (no white carbs...as soon as I introduced white carbs I started bingeing)

its t's a hard journey isn't it!!!

Oh dear :( That's annoying for you! Its a very very hard journey.

Have you thought about cal controlled Atkins or Dukan or something? Just to keep it a bit more consistent and steadier?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

That's my plan...I work much better on low carb so cal controlled Atkins it is. Thank you for your kind words x

I was afraid of this happening with me. Mentally, I know that I would struggle and scoff way too much crap on the UP days, in prep for the down days. Even sub-consciously. I can see how 5:2 would work. But only if you really are able to stay in control and mentally strong on the up days. And I am not entirely sure I would. I might have to do a reverse 4:3 - so like...4 fast days 800 cals or less and 3 days at 1500 cals(ish). Definitely no sugar or white carbs for me, either. Like you said....they just wreak absolute havoc and bring on the cravings and bingey tendencies.

Its so hard. x :/

Good luck with your new plan. X

Back