Dietninja's fasting diary 2015

Monday 29th Jan - fast day

Surprise fast day, just fell into it! But it worked and I want to start running again so this frees up the week to allow more food for running (I always get nervous about running on fast days)

Saying that, I managed to do Bob's third DVD - strength, and it was EVIL! If I though the last two were bad...yoga based warm up, 3 strength moves 12 reps each, then repeat as many times as you can in 15 mins. Every single move included a squat...it nearly made me weep...I'm still suffering from the squats in the last 2 sessions!!!! The lifts were dumbbell based - three variations of squat and lift. I thought I'd only make it through five mins but managed all 15, although only a pathetic 5 and 2/3 rounds...still, plenty of room for improvement!

Ex: 17000 steps and 28 mins Bob strength DVD

Water: somewhere between 2.5-3 litres

B - soya latte, 20g mixed nuts

L - tuna & lettuce with balsamic vinegar

T - Waitrose easy cook Cajun chicken, stir fried red onion and courgette

Cals: 660, carbs: 28g

Slightly over on cals because I had nuts for breakfast as I didn't think I was fasting...also didn't use my Exante products..all good though :)

image-878814693.jpg

You're doing really well! I'm rubbish with exercise and drinking water so need to work on that more. Well done on a successful fast x

You're doing really well! I'm rubbish with exercise and drinking water so need to work on that more. Well done on a successful fast x

Thank you v much!

I genuinely love exercise and particularly the feeling it gives me (weird I know), and the water is a legacy from the vlcd that I'm determined to keep up!

My danger zone is getting obsessed which is why I don't want to count cals on up days...

Daily weigh in thread...
Start weight: 13.7
Week 1: 12.12.6 (-8.5)
Week 2: 12.8.6 (-4)

Fri (official) - 12.8.6 (1250 cals / 72g carbs)

Sat - 12.9.6 (1300/59)
Sun - 12.10.2 (fast - 552/39)
Mon - 12.9.6 (fast - 650/25)
Tues - 12.8.6 (1500/27)
Wed - (fast)
Thurs -
Fri (official) -

Last edited:
Tues 20th Jan

Ex: 15000 steps, 25 min Bob core DVD
Water: about 2 litres

B - 1 egg and a chopped tomato scrambled in butter, served with 1/2 avocado
S - handful of walnuts
L - salad (lettuce, cucumber, red pepper), pine nuts & Cajun chicken breast dressed with olive oil & cider vinegar
S - soya latte
T - chicken breast, courgette, tomato, stirfried in butter
S - mini cathedral cheddar, 20g nuts

1500/27

Felt like I ate loads today, I'd like to cut out some of the snacking...three I think is excessive!

I need to plan tomorrow's fast as I'm in training all day and they serve up a very white carb based lunch. I need to be ready & prepared to avoid that.

I was sooo tempted to count cals today...I found it really hard not to! ...UPDATE - caved and counted calories as I was stressing that I'd eaten too much. It came in at 1500 so I was reassured. I didn't weigh or measure fats but even if I'm a couple of hundred out either way I'm happy :)image-1441932276.jpg image-3355294773.jpg image-2418880774.jpg

Last edited:
I'm reading a book called the High Fat Diet by Zana Morris. It's not a diet I intend to follow...I'm happy with what I'm doing here, but it has some yummy and speedy low carb recipe ideas that I'm definitely going to try out :)

I am up at 4.45an. Been ages since this has happened. Partly I think because I was thirsty. I might have also eaten nearer bedtime than i have done recently as I had a 9pm snack of a mini cathedral cheddar and a handful of nuts as I was peckish. I now think I may have been thirsty not hungry and I ate salty snacks which didn't help.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and it's just a bad night...

Either way :( :(

Daily weigh in thread...

Sat - 12.9.6 (1300/59)
Tues - 12.8.6 (1500/27)
Wed - 12.8.6 (fast 520/36)
Thurs -
Fri (official) -

V happy with that...STS after an up day yesterday :) might be STS for the week but I'll live with that :)

Last edited:
Wed 21st January

Meeting all day today, didn't get any exercise in but managed to avoid the plethora of white carbs on offer. Also pleased that I fasted till lunchtime. I was hungry in the morning but kept busy and it was fine.

Ex - 12500 steps
Water - 2 litres

B - black coffee
L - lettuce, cucumber, chicken breast and balsamic vinegar
S - tea with milk
T - Exante carbonara pack with stir fried courgette, choc orange bar 630 / 46

Last edited:
Morning :) what's your weight today ? Are you feeling happier on this so far ? X

Eating day today but it's going to be a long one as its open evening tonight.

B - scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, tomato & avocado
L - salad with lettuce, chorizo, avocado & pine nuts with evoo & vinegar
S - handful of nuts, coffee with cream
T - lamb fillet with homemade ratatouille

Daily weigh in thread...

Sat - 12.9.6 (1300/59)
Tues - 12.8.6 (1500/27)
Wed - 12.8.6 (fast 630/48 )
Thurs - 12.8.2 (1471/38)
Fri (official) -

Feeling bloated & gassy today. Think it might have been the Exante bar yesterday. Official weigh in tomorrow :) will be happy to sts transitioning off a vlcd.

Last edited:
Morning :) what's your weight today ? Are you feeling happier on this so far ? X

Morning! I'm am definitely happier on this! It all depends on weight loss, but as this was a transitional week I can't really tell. Next week will be crunch week!

Are you starting Monday? How's the vlcd going?

Hi Dietninja :) Looks like you are doing brilliantly! Loving the food pics too - drool! :D Seriously though they look great. Good (controlled) portion sizes too :) Good luck for weigh in tomorrow.

Youre doing do fab on this. My fear is that on the "up" or "eating" days, i will go overboard. I would have to plan out what sorts of things to have and/or to avoid...before starting this. Which I am hoping to do around April. Woo, go you !!!! :D :D

I definitely would go overboard on up days if I wasn't low carb...my appetite is much more subdued without the carbs!!!

I look forward to you joining me too...am off to your thread in a min to see the significance of April :)

Hi Dietninja :) Looks like you are doing brilliantly! Loving the food pics too - drool! :D Seriously though they look great. Good (controlled) portion sizes too :) Good luck for weigh in tomorrow.

Hi Jayne :) thank you v much. I'm feeling much better on this too :) good luck to you too, I'll be dropping in on your thread to check on you.

Thurs 22nd Jan

Ex: loads! 23500 steps, 3 mile run (more about that later!)

Water: 2 litres

B - 2 eggs, scrambled in butter with green pepper, tomato. Served with avocado & feta on top

L - lettuce, chorizo, feta, pine nuts and avocado dressed with evoo and cider vinegar

S - 30g mixed nuts, coffee with cream

T - lamb steak with ratatouille

1471/38

I decided it's time to start running again but it was horrible. I'm much less fit than I was even at Christmas, even though I was a stone heavier then!!!! Boo. Not sure if it's coz I'm low cal or low carb...I didn't feel shakey or anything...or just plain unfit! And I started wheezing mid run and having difficulty breathing. Off to google exercise induced asthma. It took me a few hours to get my breathing back to normal. Slowest run ever!!!

Back