Dietninja's fasting diary 2015

I am also now trying to officially up my calories on non fast days to 1800 or I'm going to drop a fast day. I feel it's been a bit low which is fine transitioning off a vlcd but I want to normalise it now :)

Forgot to mention my non scale victory. To my open evening tonight I wore a skirt that I couldn't wear before Christmas because it was too tight :) and today it fit beautifully and was even a touch loose round the waist :)

Yes I'm joining you this week. And yes up your calories Hun I'd allow yourself up to 2000 a day. X

Yes I'm joining you this week. And yes up your calories Hun I'd allow yourself up to 2000 a day. X
yay! Looking forward to seeing you on the other side. I am absolutely loving this! And whilst I haven't lost much weight this week, I think once my body settles into a routine it'll be better!

Daily weigh in thread...

Start weight: 13.7
Week 1: 12.12.6 (-8.5)
Week 2: 12.8.6 (-4)

Fri (official) - 12.8.6 (1250 cals / 72g carbs)

Sat - 12.9.6 (1300/59)
Sun - 12.10.2 (fast - 552/39)
Mon - 12.9.6 (fast - 650/25)
Tues - 12.8.6 (1500/27)
Wed - 12.8.6 (fast 630/48 )
Thurs - 12.8.2 (1471/38)
Fri (official) - 12.8.1

Week 3 weight loss - -0.5lb

Yay! I'm down :) and I reckon next week will be better as I get used to this. I am also a bit bunged up, if you don't mind me sharing, so that is making me feel bloated & heavy.

Am sitting waiting for a train. I'm going to visit another school today which makes a lovely change, but food wise I don't know where I am...lunches provided are generally all white carb so I kind of wish this was a fasting day or I'd been organised enough to pack something. Still I'm out to dinner tonight, so I'm sure I'll make up the calories!

Of course, if I were eating carbs it'd be easy...which is why I'm not...I'd definitely blow the budget...I used to eat upwards of 2000 cals on a Friday night, even if I was at home!!!

Fri 23rd Jan

Ex: lots of steps planned

Water: 1 litre so far

B - soya latte from Costa, handful of nuts, boiled egg

L - 2 coffees with cream (all white carbs on offer at meeting)

S - chorizo slices & manchego cubes

D - Going out but it needs to include some sort of green stuff!

Last edited:
Fab transitional week loss :) Well done!

So made a pig of myself this evening, but in a good, low carb way!

Started off with a bl**dy Mary, followed by cauliflower soup (made with double cream...it was scrummy. Then had chilli broccoli and peri peri chicken as main, with a vodka and soda, and now enjoying a peppermint tea.

I am stuffed

Fri 23rd Jan ...updated

Ex: 17000 steps

Water: 2 litres

B - soya latte from Costa, handful of nuts, boiled egg

L - 2 coffees with cream (all white carbs on offer at meeting so had to make do...)

S - chorizo slices & manchego cubes

D - cauliflower soup made with double cream, 1/2 skinless chicken, broccoli with chilli oil, 5 olives, bl**dy Mary, vodka & soda water, peppermint tea

1950 / 47

Updated stats

Fri - UD 1950/47 (12.8.1)
Sat - UD (12.8.4)
Sun - fast
Mon - UD
Tues - fast
Wed - UD
Thurs - fast

I was expecting much bigger gain after my night out so v pleased with that!!!

Last edited:
My New Years resolution was 100 days focusing on losing weight. I started on 2 Jan, so my 100 days ends on 12th April. I've done 22 days so far, and I'm really pleased with that.

I have 11 more weigh ins. If I managed to lose 2 lbs a week (a tough goal I know) I would be 35lbs down altogether, which would take me to a weight of 11 stone exactly. So my goal for April will be to see the tens. It will be tough, but it's amazing to think that I could actually be there by then. I'm very, very happy with that!

I need to shake up my exercise routine a bit. I would like to get into the habit of doing a 20 min jog on non fast day mornings, and doing my Bob DVD or another DVD in the evenings (Bob's only 14 mins!) and see if that gives me a boost.

This is very BAD but it's 2pm and I'm still in bed!!!! I've been watching telly and snoozing, it's been lovely. It's my first day without kids in months...I know I should have done something more constructive but whatever!

And to top it off, whenever I've done this in the past ive binged, lazy days seem to be permanently connected to junk food in my mind! But today I've just had almonds! Got to get up, get a big coffee and some sunshine in me before taking the kiddies to Nandos for a super duper hit of chickeny goodness!

Spoilt myself today...apart from staying in bed til early afternoon, I bought myself 2 books, a load of supplements from H&B and am now about to get my eyebrows done :)

I might also treat myself to some eyecream my friend swears by :)

Sat 24 Jan

Steps: not enough! 5000....
Water: 2 litres

11.30 75g almonds

3pm 1/2 sausage, 1 rasher bacon, scrambled eggs, tomato, coffee with splash of milk

6.15pm Nandos: 1/2 chicken, 1/2 portion peas, ratatouille

Supplements: probiotic, magnesium, multivit, 1 tsp fish oil

1770 / 39

Absolutely stuffed after Nandos! Had lots of food in a short space of time!

Oh no.....fell off the low carb wagon into a barrel of quality street...:(

Total cals 2600 / 150g carbs

And time to put a full stop before this turns into a fully blown binge.

Line drawn

-------------------------------------------------

Back