Dietninja's fasting diary 2015

Just been stalking you!! You're doing so so well, glad the fasting seems to be working well for you. Ill def be watching with interest :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

So plans for this week have changed. I am not counting calories (except on fast days). And I am not daily weighing. I'm actually going to revert to my slimming world weigh in on a Tuesday as my official weigh in, and put my scales away.

I have to move away from obsessing about the detail. As I read somewhere, "fat is like a stray dog, feed it and it will stay". Keep it simple.

So this week:

I will do 2-3 fast days of under 600 cals (sun, tues and optional thurs)

I will eat 3 healthy meals and one snack if needed on the other days.

I will enjoy Friday as my most indulgent day as I'm out for dinner.

I will exercise most days, and continue to drink water.

Done.

:)

Just been stalking you!! You're doing so so well, glad the fasting seems to be working well for you. Ill def be watching with interest :) Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Stalk away! I was doing well until this eve, but one indulgent eve won't kill me!!!

How are you doing?

Yeah that's the great thing about fasting, the odd indulgent day won't do you any harm and probably keeps you from getting bored!

Sounds like a good plan just weighing weekly and not counting cals. Think it'll make it easier on you.

You feeling much better than you were?

Yeah obv the weight loss on a VLCD is great, but you definitely have to work for it!

I think fasting will probably be more sustainable long term.

So after my sugar attack last night which ended on about 3000 cals!!!!! Over 1000 cals of sugary junk!!!! I was in binge mode this morning - absolutely craving sugary rubbish. But I resisted!!!

Partly helped by a burst pipe! I went downstairs to make a coffee and noticed water flooding down the deck in my garden. The tap to the mains wouldn't turn so I went (in my pjs!) to my neighbour who got out a wrench & oil but still couldn't turn it so I phoned Wessex water and then my dad who kindly informed me there was a valve under my sink that would turn off all the water to the garden. Done. By the time I finished seeing Wessex water, running around like a loon and other general stuff (like moving the poor guinea pigs who were in the flood path!) it was midday and I'd forgotten all about my sugar cravings!

I'm now taking 5 in Costa with a soya latte before getting on with my fast day. Phew!

But I did morning weigh (before all the drama) and was only 1lb up. I'm now putting away my scales and hoping I can shift that and one more before weigh in on Tues.

I'm thinking of doing the Exante 1200 cal diet during the week, having one or 2 600 days and then one or two slightly higher days at the weekend.

The reason for this is I have a lot of packs to use up, the convenience during the working day of packs is great and it still allows me enough cals to exercise.

I'm thinking something like

Mon - 1200 (3 packs & 400-600 cal meal)
Tues - 600 (3 packs), weigh in
Wed - 1200
Thurs - 1200
Fri - 1800
Sat - 1800
Sun - 600

That averages out to 1200 a day, uses up my packs, allows exercise and gets me in the habit of 5:2. I'm going to try it for 2 weeks and see. Fingers crossed!

Right, no more messing. I'll do a weigh in on Tues, then this for 2 weeks with daily exercise, then record my results at the end. I do like a nice clear short term goal.

I'd like to move to a clean, sugar free diet without counting on non fast days eventually but I need to get rid of some of these packs first! Plus this will get me into some good habits re weekends & evening meals, and then my next goal can be sorting breakfasts & lunches!

Updated stats (no more daily weighing but have decided to add my exercise on to try and make it a little more consistent)

Tues weigh in - 12.12.5

Wed - fast 629 (12588 steps)
Thurs - UD 1471 (23484, 3 mile run)
Fri - UD 1950 (17549)
Sat - UD 3200 (5025)
Sun - fast 600 (T25 cardio)
Mon - UD Tues - fast

Well, that's a surprise, I thought I'd done more exercise than that this week! My step counts are good but I really thought I'd done more specific exercise sessions.

Last edited:
Sun 25th Jan

Wow! What a day! It covered a busted pipe and ensuing water problems, a big supermarket shop, 6 loads of washing (with no space to hang the last 2!!!), a barrel load of cooking (2 shepherds pies and a roast), and day 1 of T25 exercise programme...and all on a fast day. Obviously burning off the sugar I ate last night!

Exercise: 12588 steps so far, T25 cardio
Water: 2 litres

B - none
L - soya latte and a weeny bit of bread with balsamic vinegar as part of a taster in Waitrose
S - 2 sticks celery
T - Exante carbonara pack with broccoli & green beans.
S - cup of black tea and 1/2 Exante toffee nut bar

Tot: 505 cals

Well done Dietninja :)

Totm arrived, it was a surprise but I guess that helps explain my sugar cravings!

Mon 26th Jan

Ex: Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 workout 1 (couldn't find the second T25 DVD...doh!)

Water 2 litres

B - Exante White choc & rasp shake
S - 1/2 choc Orange bar
L - vegetable soup / 1/2 choc Orange bar
T - shepherds pie with sweet potato topping from Davina's sugar free book

2 choccie biccies

1360 cals image-4060245430.jpg

Last edited:
Updated stats, weigh in tomorrow :)

Tues weigh in - 12.12.5

Fri - UD 1950 (17549)
Sat - UD 3200 (5025)
Sun - fast 600 (12230, T25 cardio)
Mon - UD 1360 (14465, ripped in 30)
Tues - fast 600

Total cals 9810 (av 1400)

Last edited:
Morning I've been reading daily :) and I will start up my diary Saturday morning. I'm miserable on these shakes.

Good luck with weigh in xx

Morning I've been reading daily :) and I will start up my diary Saturday morning. I'm miserable on these shakes. Good luck with weigh in xx

Can't wait till you join us! Honestly, I'm loving it!

And still losing weight (have switched weigh in day so hard to tell how much at the mo!)

Updated stats for this week...

Tues weigh in - 12.12.5

Fri - UD 1950 (17549)
Sat - UD 3200 (5025)
Sun - fast 505 (12230, T25 cardio)
Mon - UD 1360 (14465, ripped in 30)
Tues - fast 600 (13770)

Total cals 9715 (av 1388 )

This weeks weigh in: 12.11

Lost this week: -1.5

Total lost: - 11.5 lbs

Tues 27th Jan

Fast day and weigh in day :) -1.5lbs

Ex: 13788 steps
Water 1.5 litres (got to get this back up to 2...particularly on a fast day!)

B - soya latte

L - Exante toffee nut & raisin bar

T - Exante spag bol pack + slim fettuccini

Cals: 600

First time I've had slim pasta. Didn't taste of anything but the texture was weird...much chewier than I was expecting...sort of like a weird overly al dente texture. Anyway v filling, especially for the cals.

And a plan for this week:

Starting the week at 12.11

Wed - UD
Thurs - fast
Fri - UD
Sat - UD
Sun - fast
Mon - UD
Tues - fast & weigh in

Can't wait till you join us! Honestly, I'm loving it!

And still losing weight (have switched weigh in day so hard to tell how much at the mo!)

me too lovely :) :) I will love it too. I'm nervous if I'm honest about eating so many calories on non fast days.
but we both have our August summer hoildays to look forward too. I Have booked now we jet off on the 19th August how about you?

So im hoping 5:2 will get me to target in 6 months.

Well ell done on your weight loss I new you'd be fab at it. X

Back