Different Scales = Different Weight

Hider28

Hello All,

Apologies if this has been brought up before:

I have two scales - both on the same floor (non carpetted)

One set of scales says a lower weight by 2.5 pounds then the other

I'm not sure which one to believe! Obviously I would prefer the lower one but I bet sods law dictates the higher one is actually more accurate.

Is there any way of finding out do you think?

I was told never to weigh yourself on diffrent scales.. :/

I weighed my self at boots after being really good & because it was free :) & it told me id gained 3.5 pounds in two days :/

i get weighed thursday so i guess il know then :) x

I was told never to weigh yourself on diffrent scales.. :/

I weighed my self at boots after being really good & because it was free :) & it told me id gained 3.5 pounds in two days :/

i get weighed thursday so i guess il know then :) x

well good luck for Thursday!

I probably weigh myself too much - I know I shouldn't but the littlest loss stops me from cheating usually, now I just feel a bit downhearted! :(

Stick with the lowest one if it makes you happier. As long as you can monitor your loss and gain, does it really matter?
Weight is just a number after all, and which number is right doesn't change your body.

Is just what I think.

Stick with the lowest one if it makes you happier. As long as you can monitor your loss and gain, does it really matter?
Weight is just a number after all, and which number is right doesn't change your body.

Is just what I think.

I like that but feel like im deceiving myself! so going on the heavier one for the time being - guessing it'll feel more of an achievement once I reach my goal !

Someone yesterday suggested weighing something on them with an exact weight and then going for the more accurate - might try that today

I used to be like you , & weigh myself at any chance i got... kept getting maself worked up!

Maybe go with the heaviest and maybe it will make u work harder and ul be surprised when your next weigh in :D

Dont beat yaself up about it though, do you feel like you have gained ? xxx

Hider28 said:
I like that but feel like im deceiving myself! so going on the heavier one for the time being - guessing it'll feel more of an achievement once I reach my goal !

That's true.
It's when I read you saying you were downhearted, I've read about a lot of people that start binging when they see they've gained or not lost enough, they lose hope in their diets.
That's why I think more important than being true with the weight, is to maintain your state of mind.

hails12 - not really! I'm in that interim period where I feel like I should have lost weight but not actually feeling like i've lost any yet!

Nnoilalala - very true - I think I had a minor wobble with the scales but posting here as stopped the grump from coming out too much! Plus this morning the heavy scale showed a pound loss so it was actually a nice sense of achievement.

Woo! That's good, as long as you don't lose sight of the diet, your determination is very inspiring :)

I hate boots scales! So wrong, I wont use them anymore. Don't think I've ever had an accurate reading from there x

I hate boots scales! So wrong, I wont use them anymore. Don't think I've ever had an accurate reading from there x

boo the scales with the lighter weight are from Boots lol!

Oh well :)

Well dont lose sight of your diet, your doing fab, Lost a pound last night better than nothing and it was easter :) xxx

Back