digital scales HELP!!!

fillymum

synful soul
My digital scales have suddenly gone haywire. They keep giving me the wrong weight and then saying error. If I get on and off them endless times I eventually get a true ( I hope) reading.

Has anyone else had this and if you did was there any way of mending them or do I just bin them. I only bought them a year ago.

If you haven't already done so, perhaps you just need to change the battery.

Thank you for that Anne.

I changed the batteries yesterday and it is still playing it's own game.

Oh woe is me.............................I can do without the expense of new ones.

I think I will have a go at giving the batteries a bit of a whiggle. Perhaps something as technical as that that will do the trick.

It must be that time of the month....mine have gone mental this morning, got 5 different weights out of them, changed the battery, still the same. it was my official weigh in today too so god knows if i've actually put the right weight in :p

Have you kicked em?

Might be a loose wire or something a good shake/kick can work wonders ( if nothing else it helps vent the frustrations)

It must be that time of the month....mine have gone mental this morning, got 5 different weights out of them, changed the battery, still the same. it was my official weigh in today too so god knows if i've actually put the right weight in :p

So frustrating. Take the lowest and enjoy the moment lol !!!

Have you kicked em?

Might be a loose wire or something a good shake/kick can work wonders ( if nothing else it helps vent the frustrations)

I have jiggled the battery's but think it might have been because one of the little legs underneath had a wedge of solid fluff stuck to it. I never was the worlds best housekeeper, but then who the hell cleans the underneath of their bathroom scales ?

Thanks for the input. It am so pleased to see that your technical skills are up there with mine lol xxxx

I think it is time to kick ass !!! The bl00dy things have reverted to ERROR!! As if I need reminding that these excess kilos are the biggest error of my life !!!!

Time to give them a deserved kick and see if that works..................

Have you kicked em?

Just gave them a huge kick in frustration, they hit the front of the bathroom console..............and Lordy, lordy, they work !!!! Thank you for your infinitely, excellent technical advice lol xxxxxxx

I once had this conversation with an electronics engineer friend, about a television which wasn't working:

"if it doesn't work, switch it off, count to ten, and switch it on again. If that doesn't work, hit it firmly with the palm of your hand, on the side, about a third of the way down. If THAT doesn't work, call an expert"

"but you ARE an expert"

"yup, and that's my expert advice"

He never mentioned hurling it across the bathroom, but clearly the principle is the same!!!!

I once had this conversation with an electronics engineer friend, about a television which wasn't working:

"if it doesn't work, switch it off, count to ten, and switch it on again. If that doesn't work, hit it firmly with the palm of your hand, on the side, about a third of the way down. If THAT doesn't work, call an expert"

"but you ARE an expert"

"yup, and that's my expert advice"

He never mentioned hurling it across the bathroom, but clearly the principle is the same!!!!

hee hee !!

I only ever got the error message when the batteries were on their way out. I know you've change the batteries, but perhaps try popping some more in, or testing those batteries in it now, in something else to check they're ok? x

I only ever got the error message when the batteries were on their way out. I know you've change the batteries, but perhaps try popping some more in, or testing those batteries in it now, in something else to check they're ok? x

sound advice !!!

I've given up with my scales. Bought a new pair, mum got on this morning and they were fluctuating again, not between pounds though, between 11 and 13 stone haha 3 lots of new batteries and a good clean did no good. Ah well. Hopefully yours do better than mine with the batteries!

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet too and buy new ones as mine are fluctuating between stones to albeit in kilos.

I did look at some today and Paul persuaded me not to buy them until he had had a good look at the ones I have.............bl00dy men!!! He has looked and said let's just try one more lot of new battery's......................grrrrrrrr

I really want to know if I have lost weight this week.

Back