Dilemma!!! Alli capsule temptation!

rob26uk

Hi everyone, Just finished week 6 and have lost 26llbs so far! Is a weird feeling seeing the ways my clothes fit differently from week to week and have already gone down by 4 inches in jeans size!

Anyway, Have a bit of a problem and wondered if anyone had any thoughts. Have got friends coming up next weekend and we are going out for a meal one night and i am cooking the other night and i am worried how this will effect my weight loss. Also have friends visiting for the next two weekends after too and they will probably want to do similar things!

Had a thought as I have some ALLI capsules left over from when I tried losing weight previously and was wondering if it would be ok for me to take one before the meals that we have in order to try and lessen the impact on the diet? Do you think this is safe?

Thanks

Robxxx

ah thanks for that! feel a bit more confident now! :D

I think you will get an impact, it will be you hitting to toilet! ;) If you are planing a meal that contains high fat, I think you are going to end up ruining your night!

Well done on your weight loss, just enjoy your evenings, and get straight back onto exante after. You could also opt for high protein choices and maybe not even put anything on!

lol yep remember it well from the last time I used them, not pleasant! Thanks for your advice think I will try to make the meal as low fat and high protein as possible then just crack on with exante on sunday, so shouldnt have a problem hopefully! xx

If you can stick to low carb for yourself, which is easy enough eating out or cooking at home, you shouldn't have any trouble at all, and wouldn't necessarily need to use the alli capsules. Whatever you decide, hope all goes well, you're doing so well so far. Good luck :)

Hi Rob,

My advice would be to forget the pills and just go and enjoy your planned events off exante. I had this last weekend and at the meal I ate around the obvious carbs, avoided potatoes, bread rolls even carrots! Though I did have some pudding lol! I know everyone is different but before I had my night off, my losses AND gain were pants despite being 100% TS. This week though after my night out, I dropped 4lbs. I truly believe I gave my metabolism a wee boost.

We will all have to eat one day. We are in danger on this diet of seeing food as the enemy! It really isn't..the way we sometimes think about food on exante is the one major downfall I think there is on this diet. How nibbling a bit of lettuce can make someone feel that they have ruined everything and are destined to be fat for life...:(

I may be wrong as I have never taken them, but these pills allow you to eat fat and you poop it out? A low carb meal won't cause extra toilet runs (excuse the pun lol ) and you may even feel "relieved" that you are not relying on a pill that has some nasty side affects but instead YOU are in control. Just as we all will be again one day when we no longer have the packs to reach for.

If you do have a drink I would have a light carby meal at some point in that day. I had a bowl of nutty cereal and a banana but other then that I just watched my carbs and went for smaller portions. Weirdly though the smaller portions made me feel stuffed! I have NEVER gone out to eat before and not cleared my plate then started on hubbys lol! It was a revelation.

Wow sorry for the ramble! Cut yourself some slack and just have a nice time! You are doing amazingly!

Id totally agree. Go, enjoy yourself and get back on plan the next day. If you have protein and avoid carbs youll do damage limitation but honestly a night off does no harm now and again.

Id totally avoid tablets, for one thing theres NO guarantee theyll work for you...

Back