Total Solution Dirty Thirty Diary

Hiya! Had a late shake today, Rhubarb & Custard with a heaped spoon of psyllium husk in 300ml water, and I've had about half a litre of water so far.
Looking forward to trying one of my savoury meals for supper around 6 and planning to enjoy a bar in bed watching telly around 10. :) x

Edit: Had a carbonara, following the old booklet's instruction to mix with boiling water and let sit for 5minutes before microwaving for two minutes. The texture was absolutely perfect! Thick sauce (added chilli flakes) and perfectly cooked pasta. I ate it with a teaspoon to make it last!
Thoroughly enjoyed a chocolate orange bar in bed catching up with telly, and OH had my cherry and almond bar. Traded a nibble- its like a really rich cherry flavoured chocolate truffle bar!

Last edited:
Hello lovelies!
TOTM officially over as of this morning.
So I've discovered that my bra cups are now 4cm too big for me! I was a 36G on starting this. I'm not going to buy a new bra just as yet as I've got more to lose before I want to maintain. I managed to find an bra thats 4 years old but fits well- it looks like agent provocateur or ann summers the label is far too faded to tell or to see what the size is! I prefer non wired "aah bra"/"genie bra" styles or just sports bras anyway, so they'll do for a while!

I gave my old analogue scales to my friend yesterday and jumped on to show her they worked (because she was in disbelief of the figure they showed when she stood on them, she's done so well- haha!) so had a cheeky weigh in. Won't disclose however as it wasn't my weigh in day- that's tomorrow!

Had a choc shake for breakfast with 3 heaped teaspoons of psyllium husk. Undecided whether to go for a shake or a savoury meal for lunch... will see how it goes!

Update: Did NOT enjoy the indian style curry and rice. Tastes like porridge with raw curry powder dumped in. Reminder to self: Drench the other sachets is Tabasco
Had a chocolate caramel crunch bar before bed- very, very yum!

Also I'm feeling strangely energetic. It's a little bit mad. I really fancy doing a workout! Just going up the three flights of stairs exhausts me though... Wednesday (tomorrow) onwards is my AAM week so I should have more energy to burn. I was so lost for recipes and don't have the time to cook (which is why I piled on the weight in the first place) so I've pinched my friends CWD booklet and it has 200 kcal meals listed that are just weighed amounts of a source of protein (eg smoked salmon/chicken breast/quorn and 80g of a listed veg.

Last edited:
So I weighed myself this morning and wasn't too impressed. I weighed in at 71.6kg...
I'll take all my other measurements later today and weigh myself again in the evening. I'll also make note of the body fat % and water %.
Had a lemon cheesecake smoothie with heaped tablespoon of psyllium husk for brunch. My AAM week starts today, so I've made tandoori chicken skewers and weighed each portion out to 170g so whichever one I have I'll be fine. Also packed myself 80g of spinach leaves to have it with. Made two roti's for OH to have a skewer with.

Your real food sounds delicious!

So I re-weighed myself last night and measured myself. My weight and measurements came in exactly the same as last week's weigh in- I'll be able to copy them here from my notebook when I get home. It's odd because I weighed myself at 71.6kg on Monday...
My water intake was terrible yesterday, I drink less than a litre. Today's not great so far either, I've drank nothing... I realise how dependant I am on the water cooler next to my desk. It's empty now and not being replenished until after the long weekend. Just bought myself a 1l bottle to get through.

I didn't have the food I made for lunch yesterday, as I had an impromptu get together with my friends. Instead I went out for mezze and had one slice of grilled halloumi, half a piece of chicken shish, one little-finger sized merguez sausage and one small piece of lamb shish, with a plate of salad. Then I shared a toffee nut & raisin bar with OH before bed.

So I've got yesterday's lovely lunch ready to have in a few minutes time :)

NB. I have a theory about my weightloss, and please correct me if I'm wrong! So in the first three weeks I lost the most weight but it's slowed to a stop this week, my theory is that my metabolism has slowed and now the AAM week will kick it back into gear so when I return to TS it should speed up again... it sort of makes sense in my head but I might really just making excuses for myself...

Your real food sound delicious. You're doing really well. I think you're right it does slow down after the first few weeks. I think if you drink more water (closer to 3 or 4 litres) rather than 1 to 2 litres you'll see more of a difference. I know I do. I didn't lose anything last week, in fact I went up a pound. I was adding my 200 calories of real food but some days I went over probably and drank too much Dr Pepper Zero and too little water. I've lost that extra pound but I know if I want to show a loss this week I need to up my water intake. I've got a summer cold so cold water just doesn't appeal even though it is hot outside. I've been sucking sugar free strepsils which probably won't help either.

Good luck.

Cold water's never appealed to me!Even on hot days I buy room temperature water! That's my issue though- I can't drink tap water. It just has a chemical taste to it that I can't stand- and whatever's causing that can't be good for me either! I definitely need to up my water intake though... I get migraines if I don't!
Considering getting a bobble or brita filter bottle... but If i remember correctly, filtered water has a mildly funky taste to it too?

Had my spinach leaves and tandoori chicken skewer for lunch. Finished the spinach but got full quickly and struggled with the chicken- had to force myself a little.

OH had pasta for lunch with cheddar melted on top. I just ate 1cm piece of dried cheese off the leftovers! NAUGHTY!!!!! SHAME ON ME!

...oh how i miss cheese!

Last edited:
Had my spinach leaves and tandoori chicken skewer for lunch. Finished the spinach but got full quickly and struggled with the chicken- had to force myself a little.

OH had pasta for lunch with cheddar melted on top. I just ate 1cm piece of dried cheese off the leftovers! NAUGHTY!!!!! SHAME ON ME!

...oh how i miss cheese!
The spinach leaves with tandoori chicken sounds wonderful. I think we lose our appetite for certain things when on Exante, and maybe that happened with the chicken. Also your stomach will have shrunk so that could be why you struggled. If you drink water before a meal you won't be as hungry either.

I love cheese too, I've had to remove it from the house because I can't be trusted around it. With cheese I go into the fridge and slice off wafer thin bits. It doesn't seem like much but I do it so often the whole pack is gone in a couple of days. You are showing much more willpower than me.

I like my water really cold but I prefer sparkling water. It feels more of a treat. I buy big bottles from the supermarket and refill my small 500ml bottles to take with me. I have a water dispenser on the fridge at home which provides icy water and ice but I don't like drinking it from there. It doesn't taste right. When I make a shake I use loads of ice and loads of iced water so it is about 600ml in total. That way I get another 400ml of water per shake. It makes them a bit weaker but they last longer.

I love the pasta carbonara too. One of the best meals in Exante.

Omg I'm the same with cheese! I can go through a block without even realising! We usually have slices of cheese and rolls in the office for when staff get peckish, and I've been ever so good and completely ignored the stuff... I just couldn't bear it today for some reason lol!
Someone else mentioned about my stomach having "shrunk" too... Interesting theory... If it's true I hope the shrinking soon spreads to my belly fat!! Haha!

Picked up some of those "eat water" zero carb noodles from Holland and Barrett because they're in the penny sale (also stocked up on spaghetti and rice from the same range) and I've got leftover tenderstem brocolli and spinach and asked OH to pick up a chicken breast, so will probably make an Asian stir fry for tomorrow's lunch. Are sesame seeds ok to eat at the moment? I like to toast them slightly and sprinkle them over a stir fry. I make my own teryaki from fresh ginger, red chilli, soy and honey but plan to omit the honey so fingers crossed that tastes okay!​

Oh my gawshhh. Ok I have just finished cooking and got way too excited so I needed to post/share...

So my intention was to make teriyaki chicken noodles but on reaching home I searched high and low and couldn't find my bloody soy sauce! As I was about to give up however, I noticed a 50g bag oh Grace powdered coconut milk out of the corner of my eye and had a brainwave.

I have dried kaffir lime leaves and dried lemongrass from when I was in my Thai cookery phase, so I popped a stick of lemongrass and two lime leaves into my spice grinder along with about a tablespoon of curry powder and a while dried red chilli. Once ground, I dumped this on top of my diced chicken breast with a tablespoon of pureed ginger and a teaspoon of garlic paste and some sea salt, and got messy mixing it up.

I then heated a tiny bit of coconut oil in my wok to prevent the chicken sticking and chucked it in, sealed it all over and popped the lid on for a couple of minutes.
I keep homemade chicken stock in the freezer and always use skinless chicken to make it, so I know it's relatively low fat and has no chemicals. I defrosted one cup of it and mixed the 50g sachet of coconut powder into it. The sachet read 28g of carbs per 100g and the sachet is half that amount, and my portion size is half of what I'm cooking, so 7g of carb from the coconut milk powder didn't seem too bad at all!

I took the lid off the chicken and it had released juices to the point where it looked (and smelled) like a simmering curry.

At this point I cranked the heat up to high and got stir trying. I scissored the heads of my tenderstem broccoli into the wok (approx 90g) and stiffened for a couple of minutes and let it soak up the juices. Then I chucked in A massive fistful of spinach leaves and watched them quickly wilt into the wok.

Popped the lid back on and opened up the zero cal noodles -WARNING they stink. Like really stink. Like a raw fishy smell. As per the instructions I rinsed them with cold water about three times. I'm impressed by the texture, they're very noodley! I strained them one last time and chucked them into the wok. Stir fried. As a precaution, to mask any flavor the noodles might have, I sprinkled over a little extra curry powder.

Finally, I poured in the coconut/stock mix and stirred. Took it off the heat as I like my laksa soupy and not thick and saucy. Had a teaspoonful of the sauce to taste and now it's taking some serious restraint not to tuck in, and to save it for tomorrow's AAM lunch!!

So here it is: my accidental laksa!!
IMG-20160825-WA0034.jpeg

That looks amazing. I bet it was delicious. Even though I have just had an Exante Blueberry Smoothie my stomach is rumbling just looking at it. I've tried those noodles in the past. My local Thai grocery store sold them. I think I probably undid any good by having them with loads of Pad Thai sauce which I love. I also added lots of vegetables and either chicken or prawns. They do stink straight out of the packet though and, like you, I think they need a strong flavoured sauce with them.

Your food looks AMAZING!!!! |I'm salivating just looking at it :)

Thanks ladies! It does taste fab- I've just tucked into it and I've got it sat here while I type. I had an early start today. Had a blueberry smoothie in the morning with no added fibre, and had just over a litre of water so far. Just about to get through this bowl of laksa and then will have a soup for dinner methinks.
Took my measurements earlier and only bloody left them in the car! Will pop them on here when I get home x

I've been a bad girl. This AAM week is actually much harder than I thought.

Ok before we get to that, here are my measurements...
Weight- 72.6 kg (1kg more than my Monday weigh in. I'm pretty sure it's water weight though... I've been really underhydrating myself this week)
Arm - 29cm (0.5cm back up?)
Underbust - 85cm (0.5cm back up?)
Waist - 86cm (-0.5cm)
Under belly button - 94cm ( -5cm gone, yay!)
Hips - 102cm (+2cm back up?)
Thigh- 58.5cm (no change)

Very minor changes here and I'm very certain it's because I haven't been drinking enough water.

Yesterday's aam dinner was Thai spiced pan grilled river cobbler fillets with ginger-coriander courgetti, and soy sesame asparagus tips.

Yesterday I decided to try drinking hot lemon water in the mornings. Last night I juiced four lemons and made lemon juice ice cubes because I'm a lazy cow and you'll never get me to juice Lemons first thing when I get out of bed. This morning I popped the kettle on, put a cube in A mug and poured boiling water over it. Didn't have a problem drinking it, though I'm sure it would be much more palatable with a sweetener.

For breakfast I had one boiled egg, two thin finger slices of lo-col cheese alternative which worked out to less than 0.5g of carbs, and three slices of pastrami which works out to less than 0.3g carbs.

For lunch I was out with a friend and we shared a mixed shawarma salad- that is, just the grilled lamb and chicken and salad. This works out to about 30g of carbs and 300calories, including the tablespoon of onion-parsley yoghurt I ate it with.
In the evening we went to the cinema and I had a bar and a can of coconut water, and also 8small squares of no added sugar chocolate sweetened with Stevia. According to the pack 4 squares have 2.5g carbs.
For dinner I had a strawberry shake, though I made tomorrow's aam lunch which OH had for dinner; grilled Indian spiced chicken breast mini fillets with pilau style stir fried cauliflower rice, with the whole lot cooked in one spoonful of coconut oil.
Going to try to force myself to drink more water. Looking forward to getting back onto TS after this week so I can control myself a little more.

Hope everyone gets an opportunity to relax a little this bank holiday weekend! X

Last edited:
You are doing absolutely amazing pink. I have had so much difficulty sticking to the diet and its just week2. I have cheated here and there at friends parties and the this being the last long weekend for summer had been extra indulgent and off the diet with no calorie counting for 3 days including tmw when i am throwing a huge summer party at our place. The only good thing i did was going to gym this week maybe coz i had a lot of energy. Am weighing in tmw to see how many of the 6 lbs i lost in first week have come back and start afresh on tuesday and hopefully not falter after week 1. Am a bit worries about the horrible 3-4 days due to carb withdrawal but should be fine thereafter. So hang in gurl coz u are doing really well and its never too late to get back ☺️

You are doing absolutely amazing pink. I have had so much difficulty sticking to the diet and its just week2. I have cheated here and there at friends parties and the this being the last long weekend for summer had been extra indulgent and off the diet with no calorie counting for 3 days including tmw when i am throwing a huge summer party at our place. The only good thing i did was going to gym this week maybe coz i had a lot of energy. Am weighing in tmw to see how many of the 6 lbs i lost in first week have come back and start afresh on tuesday and hopefully not falter after week 1. Am a bit worries about the horrible 3-4 days due to carb withdrawal but should be fine thereafter. So hang in gurl coz u are doing really well and its never too late to get back ☺️
Thanks diva, I'm a little worried about getting back onto TS too but we can power through it together! My sister is struggling this weekend with her 5:2 because she hasn't been watching her carb intake.

Social events are so bloody hard aren't they? I have one planned for the 10th, 15th and 17th September so planning to just make healthy low carb choices and hope for the best. X

Back