Disappointed with Crisps!

Lisa82

Hi, im new to this forum having previously followed slimming world. I have big problems controlling my portion sizes so i have decided to give weightwatchers a go.

I picked up a packet of ww cheese and onion crinkle crisps at the weekend and decided to treat myself tonight. Anyway, i opened them and i have never seen anything so sad in a packet of crisps in all my life. There was 5 crisps in the packet. And not big ones either! I weighed them (inclusive of packaging) and the scales showed 12g. The packet states 16g but im unsure whether this weight uncludes the air in a sealed packet?

Is this the norm for the ww crisps? Im inclined to stick to quavers from now on as i know they're low on pp.

Are ww products generally a bit 'stingy'?

Yes! All ww Crisps are the same. I never buy them, I have quavers/skips or French fries instead for 3pp Xx

Yup! It's disappointing!! I would eat 2 packets of ww crisps and it still not be as much as a normal sized bag! Walkers crinkles are 4pp and I've just discovered the sweet chilli flavour, amazing :)

Yes! All ww Crisps are the same. I never buy them, I have quavers/skips or French fries instead for 3pp Xx

Is that for the normal packets? Isn't the multipack packets of quavers/skips and French fries 2pp each? I hope they are as I have been pointing them that for a while now!

Oh maybe I'm wrong? Yeah the full.size. I don't eat them often but next time I buy some Il check! Xx

The nacho cheese tortillas are more substantial.
or the cheese puffs!
But yer talking about six crisps in the crinkle packs. Sad is the only was to describe it!

Quavers are the wat to go with only 2pp a pack
Any crisps around the 100cal mark are 2 and sooooo much nicer and less depressing!

2 bags of multipack squares = 5pp
2 bags of multipack wotsits = 5pp
Wotsits wafflers = 2pp

My faves everytime :)

Yes multipacks French fries, quavers and skips are 2pp a bag :)

Thought I'd just update this. I wrote a letter expressing my disappointment (1st ever one I've sent), didn't really expect a reply, just wanted to tell them it was a shocking packet of crisps. Anyhoo, even though its been a while, I received a letter from them this morning. Whilst I suspect its probably a standard letter, apologising and outlining their standards and the process of quality control it was nice to get a response. Even nicer was the 'goodwill gesture' included. :)

Lisa82 said:
Thought I'd just update this. I wrote a letter expressing my disappointment (1st ever one I've sent), didn't really expect a reply, just wanted to tell them it was a shocking packet of crisps. Anyhoo, even though its been a while, I received a letter from them this morning. Whilst I suspect its probably a standard letter, apologising and outlining their standards and the process of quality control it was nice to get a response. Even nicer was the 'goodwill gesture' included. :)

I have just started weight watchers I'm so glad I read this before buying their own brand of crisps... I love crisps can't live without them.. I would have cried and had a full blown temper tantrum if I had opened a bag of crisps and see just 5 in the packet....
Well done for complaining, and enjoy your goodwill gesture x

I have just started weight watchers I'm so glad I read this before buying their own brand of crisps... I love crisps can't live without them.. I would have cried and had a full blown temper tantrum if I had opened a bag of crisps and see just 5 in the packet....
Well done for complaining, and enjoy your goodwill gesture x

to be fair, the cheese puffs arent bad, you get a packet full theyre just not very cheesy. Im gonna be sticking to french fries, wotsits, quavers and skips from now on! But one weight watcher product im addicted to is the fruit crumble biscuits! yum!

Lisa82 said:
Hi, im new to this forum having previously followed slimming world. I have big problems controlling my portion sizes so i have decided to give weightwatchers a go.

I picked up a packet of ww cheese and onion crinkle crisps at the weekend and decided to treat myself tonight. Anyway, i opened them and i have never seen anything so sad in a packet of crisps in all my life. There was 5 crisps in the packet. And not big ones either! I weighed them (inclusive of packaging) and the scales showed 12g. The packet states 16g but im unsure whether this weight uncludes the air in a sealed packet?

Is this the norm for the ww crisps? Im inclined to stick to quavers from now on as i know they're low on pp.

Are ww products generally a bit 'stingy'?

Waffles are 2 pp

Back