Disheartened...

Wobble Wonder

Hello..

Have been on the lipotrim just over two weeks now.. have stuck to it by the letter, water - 3 shakes a day..
1st week I lost 7lbs..
2nd week - ONE POUND!!!!????

what's going on? Only thing I can think of is that I've been using Listerine cool mint - could that be what stopped me from losing?
Anybody have the same problem and bounce back?

Thanks..
wobble x

Never mind, there are so many variables which can take place whilst doing this diet, just keep at it and you will be fine......Its important to remember its a lb in the right direction. cheer up!;)

Oh bless you :(

Not sure maybe its water rentention?? Sometimes bodies find it harder to let go too. What you need to realise is that its a LOSS! Know its not much but you have lost 19lbs and you should keep strong and carry on to your goal. Im sure next week will be much better. Is it the mouthwash you mean??

xxxxxxxlots of hugsxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww hun please dont be down...maybe ditch the mouthwash just in case that is a problem! You just watch i bet next week will be great..dont give up hun stick at it xxxxx

I had this out with my mother last week and the literature she was given says listerine mouth wash is fine, maybe one of the mods can clarify this?

I had this out with my mother last week and the literature she was given says listerine mouth wash is fine, maybe one of the mods can clarify this?

Plain Listerine is recommended along with Oraldene.

Ahhhh thanks mini xxx

Always at hand cheers min xx

Thanks for the replies lads..
I'll keep at it so and pray next week shows more of a difference..

Lottie.. I had lost 11lbs before starting the lipotrim.. have only lost 8 on the lipotrim so far but sure will try it for another week and see how it pans out..

Thanks again..
x

i cant see how mouthwash can make you stop losing weight, i mean it would be pretty useful around the world in famine related countries if it did.
More realisitcally you were weighted on a day that did not quite suit, a bad day perhaps for it. IMO i think you will find that next weeks weigh in is better. May even be back on target of where you thought you would be by the end of week 3.

i have no experience of this though so what do i know! but thats what i think anyway

hey wobbly wonder I couldnt find a smilie to give you a hug so heres a virtual one

*HUG*

I know its easier said than done but try to put it behind you and focus on this week one day at a time..

i cant see how mouthwash can make you stop losing weight, i mean it would be pretty useful around the world in famine related countries if it did.
More realisitcally you were weighted on a day that did not quite suit, a bad day perhaps for it. IMO i think you will find that next weeks weigh in is better. May even be back on target of where you thought you would be by the end of week 3.

i have no experience of this though so what do i know! but thats what i think anyway

Mouth washes don't stop you losing weight, but some have sugar in them and they will bring you out of ketosis and once out of ketosis it makes the diet that much harder to do and you run the risk of eating...

as ketosis reduces the feeling of hunger or in some like myself...I never feel hungry in ketosis and I also get the feeling of well being on it.

(coming out of ketosis for me on this diet the *hunger* that hits is like a *mad hunger* and it is easy to lose control this is what I find and I am one of the fallen diet angels:break_diet:)

I hope that helps explain it:confused:

Thanks for the replies lads..
I'll keep at it so and pray next week shows more of a difference..

Lottie.. I had lost 11lbs before starting the lipotrim.. have only lost 8 on the lipotrim so far but sure will try it for another week and see how it pans out..

Thanks again..
x

If you lost 11lb before starting then you had already lost most of your glycogen store to begin with and along with the 8lb you have lost that is a total of 19lb which is big weight loss, if it is over three weeks.

And congratulations on your 19lb off:happy096:

On a vlcd everyone loses weight differently and you really can't compare as some start off slowly and gather speed and others slow down and speed up again, but the guidelines to say that around a stone a month is what you can expect and for some this may be more and others less.

I find myself looking how members lose weight over time that height, female or male and activity do play a part in how much one loses weight over time...

The best way to get an indication of what I am trying to say is have a look at the weight loss in the signature's of a range of people across the different food replacement diets like LL/CD/LT and you will see what I mean as the weight loss is the same guideline of around a stone a month for those on Total Food Replacement, otherwise known as SSing (Sole Source)

Lipotrim is not a diet you can jump on and off...if you decide Lipotrim is not for you, you still have to go through refeed, otherwise you will carb overload and may find the resulting weight gain very difficult to lose.

Love Mini xxx

Im getting disheartened as well even though I'm my own worst enemy. I lost 7 pounds in my first three days and am weighing myself everyday (I know you should'nt but can't help myself!) and haven't lost any more and I'm on my 7th day. I think it just depends on the individual. I know everyone will be telling me I'm silly and should just wait but I can't believe I haven't lost more. Just stick with it and wait and see x

Im getting disheartened as well even though I'm my own worst enemy. I lost 7 pounds in my first three days and am weighing myself everyday (I know you should'nt but can't help myself!) and haven't lost any more and I'm on my 7th day. I think it just depends on the individual. I know everyone will be telling me I'm silly and should just wait but I can't believe I haven't lost more. Just stick with it and wait and see x

Hi Carrie,

The rapid weight loss in the first few days is mostly glycogen and water and after that... once in ketosis you become a fat burning machine:)

Weighing can be very addictive and counter productive, best to live it to your official weigh in if at all possible.

Everyone has their own unique pattern of weight loss and over a period of weeks you will see one for yourself become established.

For example bexnkev was a slowish loser to start off, only losing 2lb the second week which was very disheartening for her as she had 14 stone to lose....that was five months ago and to date she has lost 7 stone is feeling and looking great.:)

If you find you must weigh then the best time to get a good reading is first thing in the morning after you have gone to the toilet and stand on the scales in the nude.:)

I find often the scales don't move for a few days...or even go up:( even though I have done nothing different, this is all very normal.

Hang in there!

Love Mini xxx

Chin up! Stay positive i'm sure next weeks loss will be much better. I use Listerine without any problems.

Hiya Carrie,

Ive actually taken my scales to work and left them in the office so im not tempted to step on and off each time i go to the bathroom! It makes the weekly weigh-in more of a surprise.
My friend is doing this with me and she has lost 20lbs in 2wks and ive lost 15lb. we're all different so dont feel disheartened.....x

Hello..

Have been on the lipotrim just over two weeks now.. have stuck to it by the letter, water - 3 shakes a day..
1st week I lost 7lbs..
2nd week - ONE POUND!!!!????

what's going on? Only thing I can think of is that I've been using Listerine cool mint - could that be what stopped me from losing?
Anybody have the same problem and bounce back?

Thanks..
wobble x

You sound the same as me!! Lost 7lb in my first week and I have just weighed myself and have only lost 2lb???? Hhaha whats that all about??

We just need to stay positive love and think about the long term xxx

Back