Diva-delicious one day!!

nevadiva

My Nevadiva jack russell
Well I've been reading and reading all the posts and diaries and have been really impressed how friendly and helpful everyone is. I have a lot of weight to loose so now feel very motivated so started yesterday before I procrastinated even more. I have previously lost 4 stone twice on SW and put it back plus more. I only ever had red days and quite often left out the carbs so I think ATkins is the place for me. My big problem is Coke Zero which I know I am addicted to. I dont drink coffee or tea but can have up to 6 cans of the Zero in a day so this will be very hard for me to give up. I would welcome any info or ideas especially if I am going wrong.
Also to set the record straight my name comes from my precious Jack Russell who is such a Diva! Doesn't apply to owner :)

Yesterday's food
Breakfast: packet Biltong (South African dried meat) 85grams 2.3 carbs
Lunch: Steak, egg and asparagus
Dinner: Roast chicken and cucumber

2 litres of water but unfortunately also 3 cans Coke Zero

Today I will try to reduce the Coke Zero!

Hello, nevadiva! I've only just joined the Atkins forum. Everyone is solo welcoming! I'm using Atkins for maintenance after losing a lot on LL. Over the past year I started realising carbs don't agree with me. I have quite a bit to lose post-Christmas (carb-fest extraordinare!) but really I'm seeing this as a lifestyle change rather than a 'diet' as such.

Good luck! The food you can eat on this plan is amazing!!

Hi Neva and welcome

Thanks for posting your menus. Try and get more leafy greens in there, they will help with the weight loss and also keep you regular :)

And well done on reducing the diet coke - it is really worth it, I used to drink 4-6 a day 9as well as coffee and tea), went cold turkey and was lucky not to miss them too much - I like a fizzy drink occasionally and drink sparkling mineral water. Now I have one tea and one coffee, in the morning, and don't miss diet drinks at all - so, if I can do it, you can :D

Hi diva, well done starting a diary and getting going. You will need to break that coke habit - research shows that if people have a very healthy diet, plenty of exercise but have diet sodas every day then they usually gain weight. Part of our modern society woes - if you thinks it's "free" then it's probably catching you somehow:eek: Maybe cutting down slowly would work as well as susies drastic cold turkey:D

Thank you all for your warm welcome and words of help and encouragement. I had a better day today with the diet coke only had one the whole day....tomorrow going to try and go without having a single one. Already having withdrawal symptoms just thinking about it :)

Today's food
B - omelette with bacon and cheese
L - beef with leafy greens, few pieces of courgette, tablespoon mayo, 2TBSP grated cheese
D - gammon, leafy greens, mayo

2.5 litre water
1 can diet coke

I am a bit worried about the gammon, not sure if it is allowed

Looking forward to tomorrow x

Hi Neva and welcome, have you read the stickies, they give a rough outline of what good and what's not. I like Jack Russells :D

Hi JIm
Thanks for the welcome, have read all the stickies plus printed out your list of food which is very much appreciated. I keep thinking about trying some of the recipes but maybe for a few weeks will keep to the basics and save the jellies, muffins etc for a bit later on in the diet. Cheese is one of my favourite foods so trying hard not to go overboard with the cheese as well.

I have the most amazing Jack Russell, bias ofcourse :) very cheeky but with character like no other.

welcome hun and goodluck, your doing great! ps well done on drinking so much water, i need to take a page out of your book x

Day 3 and still going well, however still had the one diet zero today was hoping to cut it out totally but a tin lasted the whole day.

B: piece of gammon left over from yesterday
L: 100g cabbage stir fried with bacon lardons and garlic
snack: salami filled with grated cheddar cheese
D: 100g cabbage (again as I enjoyed it at lunch!) plus broccoli and salami stir fried with a little olive oil and butter
2l of water
1 tin Coke Zero

Tonight I feel 'meaty' if ever there was such an expression! probably due to all the rich meat eaten today, so tomorrow will have chicken and/or fish for a change with salad as we've been promised good weather tomorrow!

Sorry Tamzy meant to say thank you for the welcome before I posted my menu, I dont mind water but would sooner have a coke zero. I have never drunk coffee or tea so have to drink a lot more water now that I've cut down my zero to just one.

Still going well and looking forward to Monday's first weight in. Had a really busy morning and only managed to stop for breakfast at 11am so decided to have half my lunch at 11am and have just finished the second half now. Quite a mixed up day but thats the good part of Atkins as long as there are no carbs I am sure it is okay to have lunch food for breakfast!

Late B: 2 chicken breasts
Late L: 1 chicken breast, lettuce, cucumber, grated cheese and TBSP mayo
D: Pork chops marinated in garlic chilli sauce, more salad with cheese (not yet eaten)

Looks boring but its so nice to have sunshine and a warm day so really enjoying eating salad. Need to get the exact grams of the sauce but when I did the shopping this morning I checked all the labels and I know it wasn't very much.

Went through most of the Sainsburys Taste the Difference sausages this morning when shopping and found the 97% outdoor bred pork ones were only 1.2 carbs per 100g and the Sicilian pork ones are 1.3 per 100 grams so looking forward to having some for breakfast on the weekend. so thats approx 0.8g a sausage so not too bad.

NO coke zero yet today ....

Last edited:
Love the sound of yersterday's cabbage mmm.

Your menus are bang on, and you're absolutely right, you need to forget all the traditional brekkie/lunch ideas and eat whatever Atkins friendly stuff you feel like - when you like :)

Well done on the no coke zero, I'm new to Atkins this week also and your menu's look lush !

hello and welcome aboard,and i certainly know about
the meaty feeling,as i'm on one today.:D

Hi Roosnanny, thank you for the welcome. Yesterday I ate so much rich meat which gave me that feeling but today I have had chicken and don't feel anything like yesterday. I keep feeling guilty when I eat such rich food as my brain keeps telling me that I cant possibly be eating rich food and losing weight but I know I can so I will carry on enjoying it :)

Really busy day again today and missed breakfast and sadly returned to old habits and had half a tin of diet coke while rushing around. So fir the rest of the day

L: lamb chops and mushrooms with garlic, mixed leaves and TBLS salad dressing
5pm snack: smoked pork sausage and cucumber then I have a 3 hour train commute.

For the train I am going to be prepared as this is when I look for the crisps and choccies. So I've got a pack of cooked chilli and coriander king prawns only 0.6g per pack of 150g. So all the people eating their M&S sandwiches and big macs are not going to worry me. However I may have another coke zero!

It's Friday and it's weekend time !!

Happy weekend:D

So the weekend is almost over, unfortunately it hasn't been great with regard to the diet cokes but I feel ok with it as I really struggle on the weekends.

Friday went according to plan but ended up having one small rum and coke zero. First and only drink of the week! Normally it would have been a few more.

Saturday
Breakfast: an omelette with ham and cheese
Lunch: smoked pork sausage. 2 pieces of Edam cheese with lettuce, cucumber a few pieces of pepper
Dinner: grilled pork rashers and stirfry with a little light soy sauce and I crumbled some blue cheese into the stirfry. The pack of stirfry said 3g per 100g and I had 400 grams so that was 12 gram carb. It unfortunately had snow peas and slivers of carrot in it. I managed to dig out all the peas and add them to my hubby's plate but it was impossible to do that with the carrot.

Not enough water and too much diet coke!! and probably too much cheese although I am not using any cream at all.

Sunday
Brunch: 3 sausages @ 0.7 grams each, 2 eggs, mushrooms and 1 tomato
snack: 2 pieces Edam cheese
Dinner will be Lamb steaks, broccoli, asparagus and mushrooms again.

I have done better on the water today but again too many diet cokes
also I do worry that I am eating too much meat?

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Weigh in tomorrow very nervous however I do feel good its amazing when I cut out the carbs that my joint pains are so much less and mobility improves greatly :)

Hello and welcome (just caught up on your diary for the first time) - I also like diet coke and limit myself to 2 a week now - not stalled me yet but I wouldn't attempt to have more - good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back