Dividing Healthy Extras?

sugarpuffjane

Goodbye, to the fat lady
Hello Everyone and good morning! Could someone please tell me if I can divide the Heathly Extra A & B , for instance:-
14 g Special K + 1 Alpen light = HXB and 125g Semi Skimmed milk + 20g Low fat cheddar = HXA
I use the Special K to make loads of fruit and little bit 'crunchy' with low fat yoghurt. The cheddar is a portion of what I used in Lentil, Onion & Cheese Wedge.

I can't see the problem, as I have done the same with stewed rhubarb and an alpen light, as the whole amount of rhubarb was way too much to eat.

The only special k that I thought was a healthy extra was the sustain one but I thought they had stopped making it??

That's true - ordinary special K is not a HEB.

By the way you can only split your HEs where there is only one food listed - so bread, cheese, milk are fine but not porridge because the HEb is supposed to be porridge + something else.

I split my HExA into 175ml skimmed milk plus 3 extra light Laughing Cow Cheese or another 1/2 of a HExA as I only have a splash of milk in my tea, but don't want to use syns on it...........

That's true - ordinary special K is not a HEB.

By the way you can only split your HEs where there is only one food listed - so bread, cheese, milk are fine but not porridge because the HEb is supposed to be porridge + something else.

Circes does this mean I can't swap my healthy Extra for corn flakes even though they would almost be the same syns value?

Afraid not - whether a cereal counts as a HEB depends on it's fibre content rather than it's syn value. Ordinary cornflakes do not have enough fibre to count - just the same as special K

Just been looking for the answer to this :) I've made scan bran ferrero's and will only be eating a couple a day resulting in about 2 scan bran a day meaning I still have 3 more to eat for a HXB (thats not likely) so I can have 1 slice of nimble or 1 weetabix or 1 alpen light :) yay

I have only a little bit of skimmed milk a day (enough to slightly colour 3 or 4 coffees) and a little 30g tub of phili light, could I count that as 1 HEA? Ad u can have 70g of phili as a HE?

Back