Do Doctors Charge

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by ArmsOfAnAngel, 14 January 2007 Social URL.

1. ArmsOfAnAngel

ArmsOfAnAngel Full Member

As I am lead to believe to start and VLCD you have to have a doctors approval.

In everyones opinion what does it involve with your doctor and do they charge??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    My doctor didn't charge when I started LL although he could have as it states that in the LL book for doctors. he had sent other patients to LL and was just pleased that I wanted to give it a go.

The examination was blood pressure and listening to my heart. All very quick really !

4. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    My doc charged £20 and was very supportive, they then check your Blood pressure monthly for free, so I think the £20 was reasonable.

Not all the doctors like these diets unfortunately, so some are reluctant to sign, and some do charge over the odds.

Your counsellor should be able to help you get a private doctor if yours is unsupportive and she told us we shouldn't have to pay more than about £30 anywhere.

The medical itself is just a basic checkup, nothing to be afraid of!

mags
    xxx

5. Shrinking Nicky

Shrinking Nicky Cambridge Diet Counsellor

If you are going to do CD if you meet all the right criteria (re BMI & no medication) you will not necessarily need a doc's signature.

Good luck with the diet.

Nicky

6. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My doctor didn't charge, although some of the girls in my group did have to pay, i think it depend on your own GP....

xxx

7. VirgoGirl

VirgoGirl Full Member

My GP refused point blank to sign or have anything to do with LL. Had to go to private doctor instead, who charged £30.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.