Do fizzy drinks fill you up between meals?

Gnossienne

Chronic Restarter
I've been trying so hard to stick to this diet properly, but I find myself quite hungry between meals even when in ketosis.

I am absolutely FULL after a 'meal' though, and I drink 3L of water throughout the day.

So, I was wondering - do the safe fizzy drinks keep the hunger at bay, or do they just help with the cravings? Do they ever make you feel hungrier?

I'd like to add in Coke Zero (I know lots of you drink this, so that's great) but I wanted to see what your experiences were first. :)

I find coke zero makes me crave tastes in my mouth, fizzy water makes me feel really full, I didnt even like fizzy water until I did these diets

Personally a glass of Asdas Diet Coke stops me being hungry. Definitely curbs my cravings

I'm not a massive fan of coke zero so don't have it at all, I think that it tends to make me crave sweet things...I honestly find if I'm hungry that a large glass of water helps...

i dont have the coke but i like the fizzy water it does kind of fill me up but i think the boredom sometimes makes me hungry x

It definitely distracts me from whatever craving I may be having.. To be honest Coke Zero right now is my absolute saviour

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

When I was dieting on SnS I drank a lot of fizzy water and it really helped me. I stopped drinking diet sodas when I started the diet and haven't picked it up again during my 10 months of maintenance. One thing to watch with coke zero and others is that the artificial sweetners can kick off an increase in insulin (because it fools your body into thinking it has had sugar). If that happens then your body will absorb some of the sugar which is in your blood (in response to the insulin). You will then have low blood sugar and will crave carbs in order to bring your blood sugar back to normal levels.

I find fizzy water does the job for me

Fizzy water goes well with the water flavourings!

I've always enjoyed way too much fizzy drink. Last time I did S&S I did 2 weeks 100% with no fizzy, then decided to have a can. I had a breakfast shake at about 7, went to work, did the school run etc, then had it on an empty stomach at about 11. Very bad idea! It actually hurt, the sudden fizzy to the stomach. So I'd say if anyone plans to have any, have some water first or have it after a pack.

Fizzy water goes well with the water flavourings!

I've always enjoyed way too much fizzy drink. Last time I did S&S I did 2 weeks 100% with no fizzy, then decided to have a can. I had a breakfast shake at about 7, went to work, did the school run etc, then had it on an empty stomach at about 11. Very bad idea! It actually hurt, the sudden fizzy to the stomach. So I'd say if anyone plans to have any, have some water first or have it after a pack.

Hey stranger, are you back?

I find having coke zero stops me feeling hungry but it's different for every person and some find it makes them more hungry.

Back