Do people that cheat have better losses!?

Drunk Tinkerbell

The subject says it all really! It seems that the people who occasionally have a bad day, and eat what they want, maybe do better than the people that stay in ketosis and avoid any real splurges??

Does anyone agree? I'm sure my losses are not as good as people that have maybe one off plan day a week? Not that I could have an off day, as it would turn into an off week, but it's made me think I wonder if the odd off day gives your metabolism a quick jolt to keep your losses big?

DT x

start - 12.2 current - 11.9 target 9.7

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
The subject says it all really! It seems that the people who occasionally have a bad day, and eat what they want, maybe do better than the people that stay in ketosis and avoid any real splurges??

Does anyone agree? I'm sure my losses are not as good as people that have maybe one off plan day a week? Not that I could have an off day, as it would turn into an off week, but it's made me think I wonder if the odd off day gives your metabolism a quick jolt to keep your losses big?

DT x

Not such a strange question as some might think. There is a diet that is based around that, Johnson up day down day, thread on minis as well. Isn't dukan diet that as well?? Not sure? But def a diet based on that theory.
Not sure how it effects losses as you will still loose cos you got a calorie deficit, over the week. The problem with it is, how hard it Is not to binge if you cheat, go mad and stuff your face. Not to eat all the wrong food, fatty foods and chocolate crisps ect... Then are you going to be strong enough to do those first few days again?!!!
So it might be... But I couldn't cheat willy nilly as would be dangerous for me and I'd end up off plan for days, then weeks xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah but whats to say their losses couldnt have been even better without a day off.

I guess it depends on the definition of a 'day off'

Starlight said:
Ah but whats to say their losses couldnt have been even better without a day off.

I guess it depends on the definition of a 'day off'

Who knows? It's far too dangerous for me, if I could control myself to only have one bad day a week I wouldn't be here posting on minis and living off shakes!!!

I kinda agree with starlight on this one - there's a sw thread a girl had quite good loses but said It worked for her having one day off plan every week after weigh in but she finally listened to everybody else and tried 100% weeks and surprised herself by having bigger losses!

Suppose we are all different! As long as your losing it's all good I'd say :)

xxx

I think it depends on the person everyone's different I know that I had a sts the week after I had a splurge so think it does effect it in a bad way x you can always boost with a ss+ meal x

I cheat but i don't have great losses but the losses i do get are fine with me. Thats what its about....its your journey and you take it however you want x

DT what day did you start cwp I think we started a similar time? I started 2nd of may and I'm having similar thoughts to you about losses and wanting an off/cheat day! My first cheat left me STS and from there has gone into a downwards spiral I've had 2 binge days off plan :( it does make you wonder about losses but I think my advice is resist as I'm finding it so hard to get back on plan now :( xx

Hi little-e

I started 3 may! I've not had a cheat day yet but have done ss+ and 810 since then and haven't followed it strictly. I've swapped chicken for lean mince a couple of times and haven't been strict with weighing stuff etc.

I think I've so far lost 10lbs. I didn't have a weigh in last week so not entirely sure x

i used to do cheat days on my 1st & 2nd attempt but found i got too complacent and got into a vicious circle of restarting after the weekends, plus i was in and out of ketosis which can't be good for the body.

i think it is to have the odd planned day off but i know myself too well and it would soon end up into days.................

I've lost 9lb do far ! I was the same followed ss+ very strictly then just fell of the wagon completely with one cheat day! I think it's all or nothing with me x

little-e said:
DT what day did you start cwp I think we started a similar time? I started 2nd of may and I'm having similar thoughts to you about losses and wanting an off/cheat day! My first cheat left me STS and from there has gone into a downwards spiral I've had 2 binge days off plan :( it does make you wonder about losses but I think my advice is resist as I'm finding it so hard to get back on plan now :( xx

What she said^^^^^ x

I know from doing ww. The people who had cheat days it always bit them on the bum a week later. Personally the cd is a last ditch attempt for me to get rid of those last stubborn stones I got having 4 kids in a short space of time. I like ketosis I don't want to ruin my initial hard work by cheat days. Plus I think cheat days will cost me £40. Another week on the cd because it will probably affect my loss.

Personally I think cheat days are a slippery slope.

I'm beginning to wonder this myself and it upsets me a bit. I've had 2 weeks of 1lb losses on SS and then this weekend I'm doing my 810 week I've GAINED 2lbs. What is going on there? It's still 5 days to my official weigh in but I'm not best pleased, it's two weeks of hard bloody work out the window! Then to hear people who cheat losing 3-4lbs guts me!! I daren't take risk and do it myself because I know it won't stop at 1 day. Frustrated.com!!!

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

its difficult to judge but i do think that sometimes introducing food can boost your metabolism although i wouldnt really suggest having a day off every week, i think you would at least put on a little bit of weight through water stores. plus it all depends on what u eat, after I have my weigh in i usually have either 2 beef burgers when i get home or a small plate of bacon and egg because its Atkins style so keeps me in ketosis plus i restart CD straight away the next morning then. I havent had a gain since i started but on the other hand i dont know whether that small meal every week has slowed my weight loss down, same goes for coke zero, i have one can a day but not sure whether my losses would be better without it. all i know is that these little treats have helped me get through what is essentially a very tough diet to stick to, not sure i would have coped without food completely after the first month!

well the weeks I have cheated I haven't lost as well as the weeks I haven't. ( week 4 and 8)

Back