Do you buy clothes at each size?

pixie-gem

Gold Member
I personally would rather only buy a pair of trousers or jeans from asda or sainsburys or somewhere every couple of size (i hope!) otherwise i think it would cost a fortune!

What do you do? Do you treat yourself at each stage?
Do you try and put off and keep hold of your original clothes until u have to hold them up?

I'm thinking the less i spend on new clothes now, gives me more for MY (anyone else find they buy things that just fit, as opposed to what suits you, what you love etc) clothes WHEN i reach goal.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't. I would buy nothing unless totally necessary! Maybe just leggings and stuff like that. Although if i go down a size or two I prob be first out buying new stuff lol no patience!! Ha ha

I wouldn't. I would buy nothing unless totally necessary! Maybe just leggings and stuff like that. Although if i go down a size or two I prob be first out buying new stuff lol no patience!! Ha ha

Haha! My logical, scrimpy brain says no, they wont fit for long, but my impulse "like new pretty things" nature sometimes goes against me :p

i've bought some lovely size 16 stuff (was 20/22, had clothes down to 18). when i dress well i feel good and can see my progress better which spurs me on. just spent A LOT on new bras, but my old ones had the underwire coming out and the elastic was gone so it was completely necessary. i got a dress from primark, just £15 but it is so cute and fun. i've got some frensca pieces recently too. i have always loved shopping though. i feel if i look good, i feel good and i will be encouraged to keep going. it is easy to say "I'll spend money on myself when i'm at target" but if that's a long long way away it's too demoralising, and another excuse to not spend money on yourself comes up (it always does for big expenditures with me).

Ok, I just like clothes! and shopping!

I've just had to go to Tesco to buy a cheap top for a job interview as all my current ones are either way too big, or far too small (very old clothes).

I do try to only buy necessities since I intend to get smaller and smaller, but having said that I do enjoy being able to buy the next size down so I mainly buy things from supermarkets or primark to tide me over til the next size down.

When I reach goal then I intend to spend money on an expensive new wardrobe as a reward to myself :) at the minute that would be a huge waste of money and money's tight at the moment so as long as I'm not naked it's fine! Got compliments on my top today and people were shocked when I told them it was a tesco shirt hehe

I don't really enjoying shopping, but i think that's because nothing looks right, or i'm hot and bothered trying to find stuff i like or something else, but never been able to just go on massive shopping spree's.
am hoping that will change when i can buy things that are "me" (i'm a bit of a hippy tomboy so whether i even manage to find anything then is unclear lol)

It's always nice when you buy something cheap and people love it ....translates to a bigger bargain in my head somehow :p

Oh yes shoppin theses days is just looking for something to cover up or trying to blend in! Can't wait to go shopping for stuff I really like and want to wear!!!

My clothes are from charity shops or ebay. I never buy clothes in shops. In fact I don't go shopping at all any more, except for the supermarket. It's saving me a fortune!

AnnaFaraday said:
My clothes are from charity shops or ebay. I never buy clothes in shops. In fact I don't go shopping at all any more, except for the supermarket. It's saving me a fortune!

You sound like me practically ALL my clothes come from car boots and charity shops ...in fact I can count on one hand the actual New bits that are in my wardrobe and some of those were in the sale ... I've had some fantastic stunning designer clothes from charity shops if I bought new all I could afford would be a few bits at primark I spent 15 last week on 2 pairs of mexx jeans 2 hooch gypsy dresses 15 tops a cardigan and 2 pairs of smart pants and some leggings and some jeggings not bad even at primark that only equates to 3 items of clothing

If you've got a lot to lose then you kind of have no choice to shop at least every few sizes - I started at size 26 in trousers and I'm now a size 22 so I've had to buy new things as my old clothes are literally falling off! Been shopping in sales/supermarkets to try and make it cheaper. Not so worried about my casual clothes but I have to look smart for work and it's difficult in clothes that are two sizes too big lol ;)

And it's true, you really notice the weight loss when you buy something new that fits properly! It's great motivation :D

I have a wardrobe full of jeans that range from a size 20 down to size 14! So I will be able to save a few pennys and wont have to go out buying clothes as I get smaller. Alot of the tops that I was wearing when I was a size 14/16 still actually fit me now which is a bit of a bonus, but I have probably streched them so wont be able to wear them when i'm smaller, but I have so many clothes differing in sizes

I bought a basic wardrobe for every size - a few pairs of trousers, a skirt and some tops. It works out expensive, but there's not much else you can do - clothes tend to look ridiculous when they're a size too big, let alone two sizes! I minimized the expense by buying from ebay and from Primark though, and I did already have some smaller sizes in my wardrobe.

Plus, having clothes that fit is a confidence boost - I find it really demotivating to be dressed in something that makes me look like a sack, lol.

I can't wait until I'm thin enough to go to the cheap shops! I'm still stuck with Evans and Yours at the moment :/ Makes life bloody expenses!

In good news though I got into a skirt today that hasn't fitted me for seven years! So that's a couple of quid saved hehe ;)

EBay car boots and charity shops are really fantastic for picking up clothes I've had size 20 stuff right down to size 10 which I have started collecting ready for the 10s picking up bits in next size down before you get to that size is good too then you have at least got something when other bits get too big

I wear company's polo t-shirt to work and black pants so not too bad but did got few nice clothes in the sales in size 14, I was 20 at the beginning and was wearing things till they fell down :D got one pair 16 pants that are too big now, 14 is tight but I refuse to buy 16 any more, I did get few things that are now too big and never had a chance to get them but the feeling of too big clothes its a great motivator for me and my Hubby does not complaint when I spend money on clothes :) actually he needs a new wardrobe too with his 4 st lost so when i get something I always find something for him too :)

The supermarkets and my friends at Sw are my friends at the moment, I was in size 22/24 but had clothes in the wardrobe down to size 18 (but large 18s) once they were too big I had to buy the occasional thing, mainly trousers which look dreadful when they get too big;) Now that I am into 16s I have had to buy a few things, but although the pleasure in buying them is huge, my inner frugality wont let me pay too much:D Once I get to target though there will be no stopping me, and as I am putting money away for each loss I should have a reasonably tidy sum to get started with.

pixie-gem said:
I personally would rather only buy a pair of trousers or jeans from asda or sainsburys or somewhere every couple of size (i hope!) otherwise i think it would cost a fortune!

What do you do? Do you treat yourself at each stage?
Do you try and put off and keep hold of your original clothes until u have to hold them up?

I'm thinking the less i spend on new clothes now, gives me more for MY (anyone else find they buy things that just fit, as opposed to what suits you, what you love etc) clothes WHEN i reach goal.

Thoughts?

I'm trying to put off buying anything until I reach target, wardrobe is very limited at the moment though! I did have to buy new jeans recently though as the old ones just looked daft!

Back