Do You Cheat

Hellie - i agree and i also like your point about making a 'treat' non food related.

My sister did SW for years and she used to 'treat' herself to a manicure or facial or similar after weigh in at the local college with the Beauty Therapy students.

She lost 11 stones on the plan and one of her mantra's were to 'treat' yourself for doing well but not with crap food!

No I never cheat.....if I do have a 'treat' on WI day then I make sure that it is within my syns.

If I have struggled all week to lose weight, I don't see the point in putting it back on again in one big cheat.

It seems like '2 steps forward and 1 step back' to me.

But, that is just me, each to his/her own I always say.

But why not make a treat something else non-food related?

I totally agree with the things you said Hellie but the part above is the most important one (in my opinion). We all know that we like junk food but surely it is time for us to find other ways to cope with our feelings (whether they are positive or negative emotions)? Why are we celebrating, or comforting ourselves, using the very thing that has got us into the position of needing a support group in the first place?

There are so many BRILLIANT things to do out there, so many LOVELY things to buy, or see, or share... So many rewards that aren't stodgy unhealthy food.

I put aside a day a week to take my mum out for lunch. This probably sounds awful - like I'm taking her out just so I can eat! :p But she finds it hard to get out and about a lot, so we make a day of it and go shopping, drive around aimlessly and gossip like mad, then we'll pick out a restaurant that looks nice and order something tasty! We'll usually share a pud, but only because we'll stop off for a home-made ice cream cone on the drive back. ;)

I don't think of it as cheating, though, just enjoying life and having a good meal without worrying about it too much. If you're not happy, you've got no hope of staying the distance after all, right? Got to be sustainable and enjoyable in the long term, I think!

i always treat myself on weigh in day and i think if i didnt i wouldnt have got here today today i got to my goal i am now in size 12 perfect fit for my wedding dress and VERY confident when i am out walking about.

I used to do this every weigh in night (just not count anything that night) but I haven't so far and don't plan on doing it quite yet either. Not because I am being good but I am trying to find alternative treats and about once a month I hope to go out for a nice meal with hubby or cinema with sweets where I am gonna either flexi syn or not count things so will wait for that instead. Trouble was when I used to do this at WI day I would struggle to get back on track and would mega binge.
All of that said yesterday I had 19 syns because I spent them on crisps and chocolate and I havent cut back my syns today I am just gonna say hey thats what I had that day so what!

I just tend to treat myself to choc etc within my syns, if I completely let go and had whatever I wanted even for just one meal I just worry I'd fall off the wagon...really don't feel like I'm missing anything as yet but its only been a couple of months, I guess that might change! mind you I probably do cheat a little on a girly night out, even if I save all my syns I normally end up going over.... the more wine I drink I start to forget! oops! I don't have weigh ins as such as I don't attend a group, I have finally reached 2 stone off this week though so I might have a treat when I go for a meal on friday night!

I don't.

I think this is more to do with the fact that I WI on Monday morning- I feel it would be too easy for me to spiral out of control and one meal off plan would turn into a whole day, which may turn into 2, which may make me go "s*d it" all week.

If you 'treat' and still lose, and it makes the journey easier i don't see the problem though. Whatever it takes to get us all through as individuals with our own wants and needs

xxxx

I have a "Naughty Night" on a Weds.

I have Jacket pot, with beans and HEXA cheese, but then I am naughty for a few hours.

I go to the pub, have 2 halves of cider, and then when I get back I have a galaxy bar.

By doing this every week, I manage to keep myself on the straight and narrow the rest of the time.

TBH, if I add up the syns, I'm only looking at about 24 syns, and as I only have 10 a day for the rest of the week it's included really anyway.

I don't count it as a reward as such, it just keeps me going, knowing that I can still have a galaxy every so often. lol!

It's horses for courses really. I used to "celebrate" a good weightloss or have a s*d it glass or 2 of wine on a WI night, but I found the weeks I didn't I lost alot more so now I don't tend to. I need to get this weight shifted and my treats come out of my 105 syns a week.

I treat weigh in day the same as every other day and so just have syns as normal. I think to get consistent losses you do need to food optimise 100% and I am so determined to get to target this keeps me going. You can have anything you want to eat anyway as long as you plan it in so there is no need to "cheat" on plan

Yes i do cheat after i only done it for the last 2 weighs in but i lost 2lb then 3.5lb i normally just have a nice coffee mocha after class and something i have faniced all week this week it was a chocolate then i walk home which is 5mile walk then i just eat normally after :D

I wouldn't do it if i had a gain though

Back