Do you count everything?

Nikkiwales

I'm using myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories and exercise. My question is though, do you count everything? Veg? mushrooms? meat? salad? cup of tea? I'm on 1200 a day and really struggling

Last edited:
I count pretty much everything, including all veg (and yes, salad too). I also quick add cals for cheeky bites of things. The only thing I don't count is my peppermint / apple tea, which is less than 8 calories a cup (I just have it plain, no added honey or whatever). I also don't always add calories for spices either, if I'm cooking. If you're on 1200 and hungry, I'd really advise upping your exercise :) When I have 1200 days I find it extremely difficult to stay under, which is one of the reasons I exercise so much!

Yup, I could absolutely everything. You'd be surprised how all the little things add up!

Each night I add my cups of tea for the following day - I usually have 4-6 a day with skimmed milk and sweetener. Saves me remembering to add them as I go.
I realised last night that I've not been including stock cubes (I use maybe 1-2 a week), nor any diet drinks I have. I know these are minimal calories, but I will be aware of needing to tweak if my losses slow :)
They way I see it, it pays to be 101% dedicated to tracking every little thing on MFP, so then if you don't get the results you 'should', you can work out why :) x
hth

I count everything bar my tea, diet drinks - I just estimate for the day roughly Il say 40cals - its probably way more than I consume but id rather be over than under so to speak!

I, too, count EVERYTHING!

It is useful for tracking nutritional reports on MFP... how fat levels, carb levels etc vary... the fat from putting milk in your tea makes a difference :)

It's not much - but, as the saying goes, keep an eye on the pennies... (I am forever spouting cliched catchphrases, lol, does that even make sense?! Ah well, hehe.)

SD xx

Yes, like ladyantoinette I just have a round figure which I call 'tidbits' at the end of the end of the day, usualy about 40-50 cals sometimes up to 100 for those little bits which I havent necessarily counted

Yes, I count everything. I guessimate my skimmed milk at 12oz - 336ml per day but that's the only guessing I do.

Yep I count everything..Bar my first cup of tea in the morning which is PG with a splash of semi-skimmed milk after that I drink Redbush or Peppermint tea nothing added.

I use myfitnesspal too and I agree that you need to count everything, all the little bits soon ad up and this is often why people dnt lose weight when they think they have stuck to their diets 100% its all the little bits added 2gether pushing you over your limit.

Im on 1250 cals a day atm and you can either find healthy alternatives to normal food 2 push ur cal/fat score down (i.e reduced fat tuna and sweetcorn, fat free pro-biotic yoghurt, reduced fat cream crackers) or exercise a bit more on days you feel particularly hungry as mfp has a way 2 recorded ur exercise and tell you how many more calories u can have.

I am now starting wk13 of my diet and have found I was alot hungrier at the begining after a few wks my body adjusted 2 how much Im eating now so Im not as hungry all the time (although we all have our weak days ;))

Hope this helps

I struggle at 1200 too. But do log everything! Someone on here gave me a GREAT price of advice to set your limit at 1300/1400 to begin with but aim for the 1200. That way you have a bit of a buffer zone for those days you don't excercise. I rarely use the buffer zone cals but I kinda like having them?

But it's very true that doing a bit of excercise is the key to sticking to 1200. It is for me anyway! I'd be gnawing my own leg off without those extra cals to eat lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I count everything. I knew this was really working/I had become a complete slave to this new 'way of life' when I calorie counted a sherbet lemon!

I count everything. I knew this was really working/I had become a complete slave to this new 'way of life' when I calorie counted a sherbet lemon!

I have one better: I counted the holy communion at church on sunday. :party0023:

I count everything, well, I have since I got the myfitnesspal app on my iPhone.

How great is that app! It's really helped me get a hold on what I eat.

I'm aiming for about 1650 cals daily. It all soon adds up!

Also, i've counted something much more fickle, but I won't say here incase of the slim chance my mother reads it - but I'm sure you can work out what it is :D

Also, i've counted something much more fickle, but I won't say here incase of the slim chance my mother reads it - but I'm sure you can work out what it is :D

Can you spell it out for me please?? :D

Can you spell it out for me please?? :D

We are all over 18 on this board, I'm sure you don't need me to spell it out! :whistle: -goes away and hides head in shame-

Haha no?!! Surely it's not what I'm thinking!!!

Haha no?!! Surely it's not what I'm thinking!!!

I'm so embarrassed I even admitted that earlier - the champers I had at dinner must of went to my head! :party0036: haha! Oh well at least you can't say I'm not committed! :D

Back