Do you count..???

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by novaX, 11 May 2009 Social URL.

1. novaX

novaX Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.36%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi
    Everyone I'm new to this thread as I just had to stop doing the Cambridge Diet because of the cost. :(

Oh well....Decided to start calorie counting for now as I've lost weight before this way. When I did it before I never used to add on things like fruit or veg and allowed myself a 'free' 100ml glass of milk. Just wondering if everyone counts fruit and veg ect...

Thanks
    x

Edit: Title was meant to be DOES IT COUNT!!! Woops:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dani_doot

dani_doot Full Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting
    its best to count everything in your diet. i started by keeping a food diary and being entirely honest with myself on what i ate and drank, its amazing how many calories soon tot up when you do this. even if it is fruit or veg, they still add up.

4. Alicia

Alicia Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Diet:
    Counting Calories - 1500 a day, OK I know this is going to take years but that's fine.
    I count everything. I even worked out how much milk I have in my tea and now I have to count each cuppa as 25 calories. I can easily get through a couple of hundred in tea alone. I do count fruit and veg too - except cucumber.

5. PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly 16lb to go!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting plain and simple :)
    I do a guestimate usually. i.e. for a meal with 3 veg, I'll allow 50-100cals for the veg (depending on what).. I don't count milk but I use skimmed milk and only have a drop in tea. Then I tend to round things up when I'm guessing so that I have a maximum of what calories I've had. That gives some leeway I reckon for things like milk etc.
    I know it's not the most precise way of doing it but it works for me and I can't be arsed/often forget to weigh things before I eat them. My guesses (before rounding up) are usually pretty accurate when I do check things online.

6. novaX

novaX Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.36%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Okay thanks..I think I'll start counting my fruit, veg and milk...including what I put in my tea.;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.