Do you dread the warm weather?

chocolate_bananas

Silver Member
I do :mad:

I love the clothes that are out right now but they just don't look right on me! I cover up with leggings and cardis, i wish i could wear my coat sometimes to hide the size of my backside but i'd look so silly and i'd be rather warm!

I have some nice stuff from last year, but i'm 2 and a half stone bigger now due to baby-weight so they don't fit. Even if they did i'd still be envious of everyone in little dresses looking amazing!

I can't wait until i can get up in the morning and have loads of choice of what to wear, and everything looks good on me.

Anyone else feel the same?

I can't wait until i can get up in the morning and have loads of choice of what to wear, and everything looks good on me.

I feel the same way...I have a wardrobe full of clothes in all sizes that I have managed to grow out of:cry:

I used to dread the hot weather, now im looking forward to it. I used to wear jumpers and jeans in the heat whilst everyone else wore the skirts, shorts etc.

This year, the only thing im worried about is the shorts, im at the inbetween stage with the thighs rubbing, so im having to work hard to get those thighs toned and slimmed down for the summer :)

Oh yes, I am with you on this one!

I dread the hot weather, every year I swear I am not putting myself through the discomfort 'next year' as I huff and puff in the heat hiding behind cardis, long skirts, denim jacket (yes even in the heatwave) I always feel so sad, as other women pass by in their dresses and shorts..BUT this time next year, fingers crossed I am strolling about in a nice cool outfit :D

Me too...hate it.. I bought last year a pair of tight fitting jeans crop trousers which I love. My legs are a really nice shape, until you get to the top of my thighs...problem is - no idea what tops to wear with the crop trousers and because they are denim quite warm to wear as well. All I can say is this time next year if Go Lower carries on doing the wonders its doing for me at the moment, next summer will be totally different - fingers crossed.

xx

I'm really dreading the summer! :( I love the sunshine and being out in it in my back garden. But when going out somewhere in public i can't stand it! I like to cover up as much of my body as i can but during the really hot weather i'd look silly, and probabely faint due to over heating! :eek:

If we go out to a park i'm always 'the bag lady' lol. :rolleyes: Because i'm too big to run around with my neice and nephew, and i sweat loads it's embarrassing. I won't be a healthy weight this summer as i have alot to lose but i'm hoping next summer i'll be able to run around with my neice and nephew and actually feel like an 18 year old wearing CLOTHES not tents lol. :)

Yup! such a mixed bag of feelings - on one hand, yay for sun at last! But then starts the nightmare of what to wear, what cardigan I have to match that outfit, what I can wear under that short dress....I'm exhausted thinking about it!

I am dreading it at the moment - but!!!! I hope to have lost a majority of my weight by July just in time for summer lol

I feel like now we are getting some sunny days, on those days im really really good at not eating very much. Generally all I fancy is maybe an icecream hehehe

My sister once said to me something along the lines of "do you think people can't see you're overweight just because you're wearing a jacket?" She said it kindly, but was trying to make me see that subconsciously I wore a jacket to cover the fat, but people could see I was fat anyway so what was the point of being uncomfortably hot?

So anyway, usually I wear cropped trousers (catalogue, size 26 last year :eek: , gone down 2 sizes this year) and a tunic type top. I've lost 2 stone since last summer but I'm still not ready to bare the super-fat knees yet, don't want to put anyone off their lunch!

I do wish though, that I could have the confidence to wear a swimsuit on the beach. I do at the swimming pool, where I take my daughter regularly. But at the beach, which is only a couple of miles away, I sweat away in the crops & tops, while the family are in & out of the sea in their cossies :( . Maybe if I can get another couple of stone off by the summer hols!

Well I definitely don't have the legs for shorts and I hate my bingo wings, but I'm gonna wear a hundred dresses this summer - I look half-decent if I put them with sheer/patterned tights and dolly shoes, & a shrug over my shoulders for the sake of self-consciousness :eek:

Well I definitely don't have the legs for shorts and I hate my bingo wings, but I'm gonna wear a hundred dresses this summer - I look half-decent if I put them with sheer/patterned tights and dolly shoes, & a shrug over my shoulders for the sake of self-consciousness :eek:

well done, its tough in the summer alright, i'd say even doubly so for women but form a blokes perspective its always nice to see summery dresses on a nice sunny day:) overcome the self consciousness and try and enjoy the good weather! whats the saying "Feel the fear and do it anyway?"

well done, its tough in the summer alright, i'd say even doubly so for women but form a blokes perspective its always nice to see summery dresses on a nice sunny day:) overcome the self consciousness and try and enjoy the good weather! whats the saying "Feel the fear and do it anyway?"

It's good to hear a man realise that it IS harder for women, especially in the summer.

I like to look summery but it is so hard to. Summer clothes are made for thin people...nothing for fat people. Even the dresses long, short or otherwise don't look good. It's time to bite the biscuit so to speak and dress to be cool, calm, sophisticated and confident. Who cares as long as I'm comfortable, gone past caring!

xx

It's good to hear a man realise that it IS harder for women, especially in the summer.

I like to look summery but it is so hard to. Summer clothes are made for thin people...nothing for fat people. Even the dresses long, short or otherwise don't look good. It's time to bite the biscuit so to speak and dress to be cool, calm, sophisticated and confident. Who cares as long as I'm comfortable, gone past caring!

xx

Some of the dresses can be really nice I think - obviously not stuff like boob tubes or strapless dresses which emphasise arm flab, but something with thicker straps and a flattering cut, maybe just above knee length?

I love this for example -

Black butterfly shift dress - Day Dresses - Dresses - Dorothy Perkins

Love the dress Instant Karma, but it won't suit me. My boobs are non-existent, so need a flare y type of dress as they are always too big on my boobs and then tight around my tummy! So hate clothes shopping! I don't mind knee length or above as I have really nice shapely legs, but because I am short I can't go too short as then I look even fatter than I am...Oh well....hopefully I'll loose enough weight before the end of the summer to feel sexy! Here's to trying...

xx

Haha, you've perfectly described all my shopping issues there hchappyh!
I have like a mental list things clothes that suit me should be, and they just aren't in fashion at the moment - making shopping a nightmare. More shoes it is then!

I always feel better generally in the warm weather, but incredibly self concious. I won't go anywhere without the top of my arms covered. And shorts urgh never found a pair I would willingly go outside in. That said I think thick winter clothes can be equally as unflattering.

Jan your sister might be right - but I think flab covered is much nicer to look at than my actual jiggling flesh. :)

Sugar fiend its awful not being able to buy clothes that suit coz they look so wrong...I'd been buying tunic type tops, fitting over my boobs and then flary over my tummy - then my darling mum the other day said to me, I don't think you should be wearing that type of top, you look pregnant - THANKS was all I said!!!

Maybe covered flesh is better than jiggling flesh on show!!

xx

Covered flesh is better, but long-sleeved jackets on really hot days? Just because you have jello arms? Just plain silly IMHO :-D

Still, I won't bare the fat knees!

Thats the style of thing I'm living in at the moment. I'd prefer to wear a tighter top (vest top probably) with bootcut or wide leg type trousers, but at this weight that's just not a good look on me! At least with a flared type thing my rolls are less noticable! Getting there though!

Mummoth I'll bear my knees, they don't jiggle as noticably :D But not the jelly arms, when you want to start showing you're knees off I'll stop wearing my mountain of shrugs and cardies :p

Back