Do you end up way under points most days?

GLL

Silver Member
I find most days I'm waaaay under points.
atm I get 37 dailies, and I find I'm regularly 10 or more points under.
I have used weeklies once in 4 weeks, only because the bacardi breezers said to drink more then hit McDonalds on the way home :D.
I am still loosing but should i be pushing to use them all up?
I have seen myself eating junk to try upping them.
eg today, I've had
breakfast - a banana - (I'm not a morning eater so even a banana is a step for me and I'm not peckish again until lunchtime). Lunch - 3x ryvita and cheese spread, zero point homemade soup, bag of snack a jacks, an options hot choc
Dinner -ww mac n cheese ready meal and a yogurt.
Thats 17 Points and 20 left.
Tonight I might have a snack a jack bag, some more hot choc but not much else.
Any thoughts?

Have proper sandwiches at lunchtime. Or pasta. Bulk out your soup with lentils or something and add points.

Avoid WW meals. If youre struggling to use your points and are having ready meals theres NO polint whatsoever having WW ones. Have the shops own brand ones, go for the 'luxury' ones. Have a creamier yoghurt, avoid the low fat ones.

If youre having crisps, again, unless you love the snack a jacks have something different

Eating more points doesnt have to mean eating more food, but if youre struggling theres absolutely no point in eating low fat, free, low point food.

You really do need to have all your points x

I might bulk out some morning points with a slim fast shake as well as my banana. Thats an extra 6 or 8 points depending what milk I use.
I wish I could get up ravenous and eat in the mornings but I just don't want anything except coffee till lunchtime.

I think also, I might meal plan ahead of time and point it up to make sure I'm using the majority of points. Because I work from home I don't really plan food so much as I can just go make it whenever.

Appreciate your advice, thanks for replying :)

when I first started I struggled to eat all my points, like you I couldn't eat breakfast and even a small piece of fruit felt like I was eating poison. now that my body is used to 3 normal meals I wake up hungry I normally wait about an hr after getting up to eat breakfast, and like others have said (in the beginning) I swapped skimmed milk for full fat, had normal yoghurt and cooked at home instead of weight watchers meals, i used butter instead of low fat spreads etc to bulk out my points, now 9 wks in I am on 35 points and have started to drop the full fat milk etc to stretch the points.

It is important to eat all your points, otherwise the body may hold onto fat as you won't be eating enough iyswim

thats what I thought, not eating enough points would stop me loosing.

I would make coffee with milk if i drank instant, sorry I'm a coffee snob and live on cappuccinos from my pod machine :D It's my lil luxury in life :p I could squeeze a cadburys hot choc in there tho with blue milk if I tried really hard :gimi:

I guess when I think diet I buy the low fat everything, so I need to re-asses that and keep check of it as the point allowance drops.

Once again, ty for the advice :D

im confused now lol im ending up around 9 points under each day its my 1st week and i thought surely this is a good thing but by the sounds of things i should be using all my points? seems weird surely the more i eat the less i will lose?

your body would end up going into starvation mode if you dont eat enough,, i've no prob eating my 29pp i'd be starving:)

I agree with starlight and use the ful fat things. I used to be on 35 pp daily and i struggled at first but now i plan my meals i can have 3 lovely meals, snacks and sometimes supper. I'm now on 31pp and im expecting that to drop to 30pp in the next wk or 2 because my number of dailies has reduce every 7lbs ive lost.

done a little better today.
Had a slim fast and banana this morning (6)
a 2 finger twix (8) (totm so was needed)
Cheese & Ham sandwich made with warburtons bread (7)
So thats me at 21 before dinner. I am going to have a ww ready meal due to epic asda delivery screw up yesterday / today which will take me to 30 and I'm sure I can use the bulk of the remaining tonight easy enough.

Still don't think I will be dipping in the weeklies anytime soon. But if I use dailies should be ok?

donnaxx said:
im confused now lol im ending up around 9 points under each day its my 1st week and i thought surely this is a good thing but by the sounds of things i should be using all my points? seems weird surely the more i eat the less i will lose?

Its a very common misconception but no you need to eat all your points. 9 points per day under your allowance is way too many You're trusting WW to help you lose the weight so trust them when they tell you how many points you need. They've spent millions perfecting this plan - eat all your points and enjoy them ;)

Would like to reiterate what everybody else has said really. You have the points there so just enjoy them whilst you can. Wont be there forever :D

i have 1 left, I used my remaining 6 of 7 for a wispa:17729:. It was horrible ... really really nasty :giggle:

Ok so yes, if you're doing WW, then you should eat all your dailies, but if you don't eat them, it certainly shouldn't stop you losing weight?

Everyone knows that the less you eat, the more you lose, you only have to look at anyone on a VLCD to know that. I'm not even sure starvation mode exists (as my WW leader was told by her area mgr this week), because if it did, there would be no anorexics in the world?!

Personally, I hate being hungry, so I do eat my dailies, but if I struggled, I certainly wouldn't force myself to include more PPs just because WW say so, at the end of the day, they're a business & of course they want you to evenly spread your weight loss but eat til you're satisfied....

JM xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Actually not eating your points CAN and frequently does result in your weight loss slowing or stalling. It has been proven time and time and time again on here and even on SW. Its not so much starvation mode but if you dont eat enough it totally screws up your metabolism and your weight loss will be affected.

Saying the less you eat the more you lose is not only wrong its giving totally the wrong message to people. Anorexics are totally different as theyre basically eating nothing so theres nothign for their body to work with. Starvation mode kicks in when youre not eating enough and your body clings on to what it does get. Its a well documented fact that not eating enough has a totally adverse effect.

VLCDs are completely different to plans like WW and are really not comparible. They work in totally different ways.

Advising anyone to ignore WW guidelines is a really bad idea - if it was a case of the less you eat the more you lose why would WW invest the money and time they have in working out such an effective and SAFE method of weight loss.

I think telling anyone on a Weight loss forum that the less they eat the more theyll lose is absolutely asking for trouble. There are enough people out there with eating disorders, people choose to do a diet like WW because its carefully structured. Theres absolutely no reason to be so far under your points. Lets face it none of us got over weight because we struggle to eat ;)

Like I said before using more points doesnt have to mean eating more, it merely means making better choices.

Last edited:
Actually not eating your points CAN and frequently does result in your weight loss slowing or stalling. It has been proven time and time and time again on here and even on SW. Its not so much starvation mode but if you dont eat enough it totally screws up your metabolism and your weight loss will be affected.

Saying the less you eat the more you lose is not only wrong its giving totally the wrong message to people. Anorexics are totally different as theyre basically eating nothing so theres nothign for their body to work with. Starvation mode kicks in when youre not eating enough and your body clings on to what it does get. Its a well documented fact that not eating enough has a totally adverse effect.

VLCDs are completely different to plans like WW and are really not comparible. They work in totally different ways.

Advising anyone to ignore WW guidelines is a really bad idea - if it was a case of the less you eat the more you lose why would WW invest the money and time they have in working out such an effective and SAFE method of weight loss.

I think telling anyone on a Weight loss forum that the less they eat the more theyll lose is absolutely asking for trouble. There are enough people out there with eating disorders, people choose to do a diet like WW because its carefully structured. Theres absolutely no reason to be so far under your points. Lets face it none of us got over weight because we struggle to eat ;)

Like I said before using more points doesnt have to mean eating more, it merely means making better choices.

Well said starlight, I agree 100%.

I am allowed 32PP a day and then the 49 weeklys, would i be better using 39pp a day rather than including the weeklys ? I dont go out or drink, so i think maybe sharing it out over the week will be better ?
I am just worried that 39pp a day is too much ?? :rolleyes:

You don't have to have your weeklies tho do you? My understanding was that they were there if you needed them??

Nope, you don't have to use your weeklies. You're exactly right, they're there if you need them, but you don't have to use them. Different people find that how they use them can affect their weight losses, I personally always use all of mine and have losses!

I am allowed 32PP a day and then the 49 weeklys, would i be better using 39pp a day rather than including the weeklys ? I dont go out or drink, so i think maybe sharing it out over the week will be better ?
I am just worried that 39pp a day is too much ?? :rolleyes:

You would be fine to have 39PP a day if that's what works for you, but you don't have to use your weeklies. If you want to stick to your 32 a day, and then just have weeklies if you feel you want/need them, that would work too :)

Back