Do you ever re-read your books?

I used to re-read my books when I was younger - especially loved Jacqueline Susann Valley of the Dolls (allegedly the best selling novel ever) and Yargo - and read them hundreds of times.

I'm afraid I have so many unread books on my bookshelf that I haven't had time to read first time, let alone re-read :(

Glad its not just me, I have stacks of books that I re-read regularly. I have so many books that hubby banned me from buying anymore :mad: But now all the cost of things has gone up I am being a good girl and going to the library once again! I love re-reading stuff, i think you always pick up on another aspect of the story or a character that you didn't see the first or second time you read the book!

i am terrible with giving books back to the library and end up costing myself more than if i'd bought them. have just ordered myself ender's game by orson scott card because i want to read it again. i borrowed it the first time around. but now i want to own them all!! have only read the first two but can't wait for the others.

abz xx

I always re-read some books....some because I love them like Pride and Prejudice and others because its easy to re-read them so it's relaxing (some of the many chick lit books I read which all tend to merge into one after a little while so I never get bored of re-reading!) I also tend to read really fast and end up skimming pages and missing things, so there's usually something new there for me when I read a book again!

I have to say I don't, nor to i tend to really watch films more than once which means that i like to watch other peoples but not buy my own. It seems pointless buying them when I will only watch them once!

I will re-read a book if I enjoyed it first time round.

Yep, re-reading Osho (have a couple of his books)

Don't often re-read my books - I always have so many new ones that I want to read and not enough time to read them, that I REALLY don't have time to re-read the old ones!

Got three from the library this week and another two on order.

I re -read heaps of my books all the time because I just love them.

Im just about to re-read 'Wild Swans' which is a true story about 3 generations living in China from 19th c through to Chairman Mao's revolution etc and the present.

Absolutely brilliant & cant wait

:read:

I had books which are 6 years old that i can't throw out simply cause i love the storyline too much and have to keep re-reading from time to time :) I really should have my own library at home with the amount of books i refuse to get rid off :)

And me - have reread loads of books!!! Sometimes I read one so quickly the first time round - when I go back and re-read it I pick up new things I forgot/missed!

Carol x

That's exactly the same as me x

I have re-read books, usually because it is a book group choice and it has been so long since I read it that I do not remember. Or, I have bought or borrowed a book started to read it, then realised that I already had! However, I have to say that I try not to reread books, as I have a stack of "to be read" books. Most people give me books for my birthday or Christmas... as I love to read.

MM

Last edited:
I have re read books but not by choice, normally I pick most of my books up at local jumbles and charity shops and sometimes don't realise I have already read them.

I do have a few children's books that I love re reading, especially Roald Dahl books, I also enjoy sharing them with my ickle nieces x

I hope I'm not the only one lol. I have certain books I have re-read several times. Sue Townsend's Adrian Mole series being one and Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes and Tis being another.

I am really bad about throwing books out. Buy loads from charity shops and pile them up in bookcases.

But yes, there are many books that I come back to time and time again. When I haven't read a favourite for a few years say it is fantastic reading it again as you forget some of the details.

Love re-reading so many books, it's kinda like bumping into an old friend and remembering the good times lol. My copy of Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner is tattered and tear-stained cos I've read it so often. Charity shops are my saviour, couldnt cope with having to pay full price when I read so much.

Hummm, do not know if I have read Good in Bed -- but it is on my list now. MM

Back