Do you ever re-read your books?

Never ever! Why would anyone do that, you know what's going to happen.
So many books to read why read one twice?!
I don't get it.

Really? Have you never enjoyed a book so much you want to experience it again? :confused:

Never ever! Why would anyone do that, you know what's going to happen.
So many books to read why read one twice?!
I don't get it.

Ive just finished a series and having now read all 7 Im re reading them again because I know theres lots of things in earlier books that I didnt quite get the relevance of first time

I can honestly say Im enjoying it just as much 2nd time round as I did first.

I have re-read a coupe of books. :) my very very favouite ones. Years later tho.

I do have a selection of books that i have read more than once, knowing what happens doesn't matter to me, but where there story takes you and how it makes you feel.

Some of my favourites to read again are Roald Dahls, Witches, Matilda and BFG! :D

I don't think it's justifying. It's always interesting to see each others thoughts on subjects. I'd rather know why someone does or doesn't re-read rather than a thread full of "Yes" or "No" answers!

I think it really depends on the type of book, like with the history books it's about information and I guess it would be like going to the same museum twice. I totally get that. Most of the books I read I enjoy for the unexpected twists at the very end so to re-read them wouldn't have the same impact. But there are some that, after some time, would be good to re-read

I know I've re-read many of the Harry Potter books myself!

Apart from being 100% fiction, Harry Potter books are also mysteries, and it's interesting to go back and "see" things that I had missed. Not to mention, every time a new HP book has come out, I've read it with such speed and excitement that I missed out on a bunch of details!

I also simply love the characters and the story. :heartpump:

I know I've re-read many of the Harry Potter books myself!

Apart from being 100% fiction, Harry Potter books are also mysteries, and it's interesting to go back and "see" things that I had missed. Not to mention, every time a new HP book has come out, I've read it with such speed and excitement that I missed out on a bunch of details!

I also simply love the characters and the story. :heartpump:

I'm completely with you - I read the first four books about 10 times before the fifth one even came out!! (A bit extreme, I know... I was young... :eek:)

But you can completely and utterly get more out of a book on the second read. Or the third. I have hundreds of books (been a bookworm since I first learnt to read) and most of them I've read more than once - if I thought I'd never want to read them again, I passed them on to others. I'm quite hard to please and I often find that I get more excited at the prospect of re-reading a book that I already know I'll enjoy than a new one that I'm not yet sure about...

I used to read the Harry Potter books over and over again! When I was younger. But now I just read a book once, then move on to the next!

yes, if i wanted to read them just the once i wouldnt buy books, id rent them from libraries!
sae with films, if i only wanted to see it once then why buy the dvd?

I love rereading books. often I skim read books the first time as I'm so deperate to reach the end. I find that when reading them again I get so much more out of them.

I must have read The da Vinci Code more than 4 times before donating it to the library. Same with some of the Nora Roberts books I had.

Back