Do you ever re-read your books?

There are books that I'll never stop re reading. The Harry Potter books, The Stand by Stephen King, Sleepers by Lorenzo Carcaterra. And I have re read my Vampire Chronicles so many times that I've gone through several copies!

I re-read alot of books.
I have a couple of absolute favourite books that I re-read every few months too.
My memory is rather bad so I forget alot of parts of the books so reading them again is kinda like reading them for the first time!

I read books that have twists so re-reading them would be boring as the surprise element would be gone

I re-read all the time, some books are like old friends and provide great comfort. E.g. last year when I had a relationship break up, the first thing I did was dig out A Town Like Alice - have read an re-read that at least yearly since I was about 14 - more than half my life now! That one in particular is one I read in any mood, but it will cheer me up when I'm down.

I always reread my books. I live out in Germany so there isnt really any english books around so i order online from amazon, but when im waiting for them or have no money and no new books to read, i always reread a good girlie book or the twilight saga lol
xxx

Yes, I have been known to pick up a book again, even years after.. there are so many, most forgotten, but a few I remember are
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time

My Booky Wook by Russell Brand

Cider With Rosie by Laurie Lee

The Dieter ( funny )

Eats, shoots and leaves

The Lovely Bones

Silence of The Lambs

Alien ( Books ARE better than films )

oh, lots and lots more I would read again, but, as I say, I forget the titles the authors, and even the plot !!

I have read The Stand by Stephen King at least 3 times.
1984 by George Orwell i read about once every 3 years. So thats my most read book ever.
They have to be pretty special to get a second read but as someone said earlier some books become like old friends

yep definately i love getting lost in a book i have already read

Yes, i have books that are 'keepers' and plan to re-read some day :rolleyes: so many new books though and so little time!

I try to read my favourite book every year. Normally just after exams, to remind me why I'm doing my degree/why I love literature.

I love re-reading funny books like Marian Keyes and Sophie Kinsella. Particularly when life has hit the skids again and I need a bit of fun in my life.

I tend to read series' so whenever a new book comes out a reread all of the books that came previously in the series.
And of course there's the old favourites that get reread when you just want to read something good without having to fuss with reading a thousand blurbs.

I've just said about this in another post, but I've re-read Harry Potter more times than I can count :p
Other things also, but it's my go-to book if I'm not on something new.

I've got a Kindle now so when I have read a book I remove it from my device but it stays in the archive so I can re read it any time if I like

Never ever! Why would anyone do that, you know what's going to happen.
So many books to read why read one twice?!
I don't get it.

I re -read heaps of my books all the time because I just love them.

Im just about to re-read 'Wild Swans' which is a true story about 3 generations living in China from 19th c through to Chairman Mao's revolution etc and the present.

Absolutely brilliant & cant wait

:read:

Gypsy have you read The Good Women of China ? If you liked Wild Swans you will love this - it's amazing.

You have inspired me to re-read Wild Swans. Thanks!

Just noticed how old this thread is!:doh:

Back