Do you find weighing yourself at home motivating or demotivating?

Mechycton

Hi,
I'm struggling a little this week with motivation and was wondering whether a sneaky weigh in and home would motivate or demotivate me.

Anyone else done this in the past and was it motivational?

Hi,
I'm struggling a little this week with motivation and was wondering whether a sneaky weigh in and home would motivate or demotivate me.

Anyone else done this in the past and was it motivational?
Hi,Mechycton, I personally weigh EVERY day and find it motivates me,even if I have not lost on a particular day it does not worry me as I know it will come off,but that's me.You could try it and see.But this diet really works if you stick to it,so try and visualise the end results stay focused on that,you are doing so well,its probably got to the stage now where the first excitement is over and its seems more of a slog,it gets easier the longer you go on,and its only for a very short time out of your whole life.Hope this helps:)

I've had a number of rants on many differents threads on this theme so I won't labour my point.

Basically I do not advocate weighing yourself at all, let alone a daily basis. I have never ever weighed myself and just wait till my official weigh in at the pharmacy because that is what counts as it is what is officially recorded. Also it can be demotivating if you don't lose as much as you want, don't lose at all or even worse, have a slight gain....all of which will totally be down to fluid balances hence just a once a week weigh in is really all I feel we should be doing to get a consistent reading on our progress. I also look forward to my Pharmacy weigh in and the girls are all as excited and keen as me to find out how I've done so it's quite an occassion. Also if I've not done as good as I wanted or expected, they are on hand to offer immediate support so its all good.

So in a nutshell, my advice.......give your scales a tmporary home with a familymmember until you reach goal.

Everyone is different. I personally wouldn't do it. I've been a serial weigh-er for many years, and at the moment my scales need a new battery. I'm going to keep it that way and just get weighed at the pharmacy once a week. I know LT works and that gives me an inner peace. Believe in yourself and let your body do what it needs to.

Hi I am on 50 today 100% all the way! I have lost 2st 12lb to date still have a long way to go but getting there.
My chemist keeps talking about refeeding after 12 weeks but I so want to go for longer??? Have you been set a time limit??? As I can see your on Week 13?? :)

Thanks for your responses. I think i'm going to stick to not weighing myself in the week.

I'm only on week 4 so hopefully it'll get easier. I'm doing this to lose enough weight to get on some medication for a problem i currently have. I had a free meeting with a nutritionalist through work on Monday and she has advised me not to go onto this medication and to take supplements (£75 per month) instead. I think it has just thrown my focus a little bit.

I've set myself a minimum target of what i want to achieve with Lipotrim and am going to stick to that before i make any decisions. I can't take supplements whilst on Lipotrim anyway.

Hi Annie

No I've not been set a time limit. I didn't even set a goal weight, I just signed up and said I'd decide what my goal weight would be nearer the time and I only last night said what my goal weight was. There is no pressure from my Pharmacy whatsoever to do anything, one of the reasons why I like it there, so they're just guided by me and what I want to do but obviously if my BMI started to drop towards the underweight side (which I'd need to lose another 4stone at least for that to happen) then I'm sure they would not continue to supply me with the shakes.

Hi Mech,

I weigh myself most mornings and find it super motivating :) Its fab to see the losses, as u lose weight so quickly on this diet. It definitely spurs me on.

Good luck whatever u decide.

Ava
xxx

Hi Mech,

I weigh myself most mornings and find it super motivating :) Its fab to see the losses, as u lose weight so quickly on this diet. It definitely spurs me on.

Good luck whatever u decide.

Ava
xxx
I think i'm going to stick to once a week weigh in :) Good luck for friday. How are you getting on this week?

Hi mech. Managing ok tho craving food a little! I'm expecting to be 12 5 on Friday :) which is a 5lb loss or more, I can't wait until I'm 11 something :). Best of luck with ur weigh in, keep up the good work!

Ava
Xxx

I prefer to weigh every day, I find it a motivator to see it come off step by step. But if I haven't lost I find it can effect my mood for the day!

Hi mech. Managing ok tho craving food a little! I'm expecting to be 12 5 on Friday :) which is a 5lb loss or more, I can't wait until I'm 11 something :). Best of luck with ur weigh in, keep up the good work!

Ava
Xxx

Good luck let me know how you get on. I can't remember the last time i was in the 11's. I will be though if i can stay on track.
Mech

I prefer to weigh every day, I find it a motivator to see it come off step by step. But if I haven't lost I find it can effect my mood for the day!
That's what i'm worried about so I think i'll skip home weighing for now.

Hi, i find it definitely motivates me, i did LT last year for 12 weeks and had no problems as i was so motivated to lose weight. I am back on it again and almost broke on the first day but when i weighed myself the next morning and saw i had lost 4 pounds it definitely pushed me on to work at it and drink PLENTY water :D

Back