Do you get support from your partner when losing weight ?

Orla75

Hi all !
I have been on a weight loss plan the last few weeks and have noticed my hubby has really started to moan !.
He has been off work the last few weeks ,so its been tough saying no to all his suggestions of what to eat .What makes it so frustrating is that he knows i have high chloestrol yet he still wants us to eat all fatty foods .
I only have so much willpower :(
What do i do ? ( apart from divorce )

Hi,

I call this " weight loss sabotarge " its quite common and its when a partner or friend ect ect try to influence your choices in what you eat....i would personally cook what he wants and then cook your own....before my husband lost 9st with GBS he would do the same...i think its due to them feeling insecure about the weigh loss or slimming plan your following....i think that they think that nothing could possibly taste as good using healthier foods as per to the full fat version....hang in there hunnie and tell him how much it means to you to do this and you would really like his support.
hugs
Mireille

When I first started it was hard to get my husband on board but the more I lost he realized I was serious he joined me at weight watchers and has lost weight him self. I think its hard to let go of the 'bad foods' completely and what I find helps is us having a take away once a week and then I cook healthy meals the rest of the time.

Not just husbands, well meaning friends and the rest of the family do it too. I was 16st, clearly I have to lose weight, yet half a stone down and everyone goes into a dam panic. Jeez, just let me get on with it lol

I have found the more weight ive lost family members have started to panic as I am catching them up and I have always been the fattest member of my family. Suddenly the once supportiveness has now turned to kind of bitterness. It's sad, but I am takin it on the chin and sticking it down to jealousy :)

Wow ETanny that sucks that you're getting that kind of attitude from your family now. They should be really proud of your weight loss, not bitter.
We live with my parents and my whole family are very into feeding people to make them happy, feel comforted, feel loved etc. I think that will be one of my biggest challenges with losing weight.

My husband and i are lossing weight together. But i signed up for scottish slimmers and the 'person' a family member i was going with was say they were doing really bad on the diet then hitting big losses and say she could not go to class then straight after she went without me she would tell ne her great weight loss. i was hurt more than anything, but not to worry. I was giving her hours of support every week and she would cut me don dead if i tried to discuss my progress, but she now asks me everytime she talks to me how much i have lost because she knows i am on a diet with hubby. i will tell her nothing x

Good for you, Lisa! How rude of that person

I found my husband doesnt really like me losing weight......the more normal my weight becomes ,the more he seems to panic ....I think sometimes they like us stuck at home..

Good for you Lisa!
How are you finding loosing weight with your hubby?

Etanny,
We are doing ok, the only thing is if one of us wants to cheat there is a bit of a will we wont we, but it is good to know he is suffering too lol. I have to say it is more managable that i thought it would be. We are talking alot about relearning about food neither of us wants to just go back to the way we were. I really hope it continues and we succeed, it would be a great achievement for us.

You have done amazingly well I hope you get to you goal x

We have that problem too although he's pretty easy to persuade and I tend to stick to my guns more lol.
Although its really annoying that he can eat more then me!

Back