Do you get upset whn someone bad talks abt CD?

sakthi

Hi guys.. hope all s well and you are having a good weekend. I wanted to ask how you guys react when someone bad talks about CD. It so happens that my sister back in India, who is an acupressure nurse was eager to know how I had lost so much diet and I explained to her about CD. She shot back saying it was bad for your kidneys, etc etc and I got very upset. I just told her it is approved by the medical council and we would not be allowed to do it in the UK unless it was safe. I am just fuming inside, but there is absolutely no reason why I should be so angry for my sis speaking her mind. May be am worried that if a couple of more people tell me that, I ll use it as an excuse to leave CD. How do you guys react when people talk like this? I'll stick to am cutting back on food and exercising reason from now on :mad:

same here, CD is my baby atm when im on it lol i love it dearly. I can say i have a negative comment every day lol, "its unhealthy, ul put weight on" ect i just hold my head high and say we shal see ;p;

People have said to me that I will regain the weight etc. It doesn't annoy me, but just makes me more determined to prove them wrong.

its does make me mad when people who know nothing about the plan spout off about it .. I have researched it inside out and at the end of the day , it may not be the healthiest way to loose weight .. but it is safe and it is far healthier than being 19 stone ( the weight I was when I started first time in novemeber ) so I am proud and tell people to do some research before they tell me how bad it is !!!

I got so sick of hearing people at work bad mouthing the diet that I just keep quiet now about it. ps these are the same people who moan about their own weight!

i kept it quiet with lots of people because i knew what there opinion would be! i told my family and close friends. some of my family were a but skeptical but as i have done well and been really happy on the plan they have more faith in it now and know it was the right thing for me! I started it almost one yr ago and although am still a few lbs off goal i am 3 stone lighter & maintaining (just go up & down a few lbs here and there) and can honestly say it is the best thing i have ever done! there is lots of jealousy as people dont think they could do it too ( i felt a bit of that before i had the guts to do it myself! i was so scared i couldnt do it!) dont let them get you down.

I don't get upset I just roll my eyes and move the conversation on. I find most people only know about vlcd's through magazine's and newspaper's which are mainly filled with horror stories. Most people don't know what I'm doing and those that do have been really supportive. I've had a couple of comments but I didn't pay any attention to them. Five months ago I weighed 27st and I now weigh 18st 8lbs how can that possibly be bad for me!!!

Back