• Small

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Medium

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Large

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters
Okay. I find this really confusing:confused:

Nearly half the people on here are a large frame. Since frame size has nothing to do with being overweight...does that mean that nearly half the population is a large frame?

To me, having a large frame has meant the following (even when I'm slim!)

1. Not being able to buy a ladies hat (I was exempt from wearing the school hat in my younger days because they didn't make them in my size
Clap1.gif

2. Not being able to get ladies gloves, socks and difficulty getting shoes (even at my slimest)

3. Looking slim even though my BMI shows overweight.

4. Never being able to get into a size 12 because my bones just get in the way! (really need a bonecrusher....must do a search on Ebay:D)

So I don't know about the guide that was mentioned in the original post, but I'm so surprised this effects so many people!

It's such of a pain in the neck to live with at times. Doesn't matter how slim I get, figures will never see me as such. I will always be close to overweight even if I look anorexic.

Thanks KD for the elbow breadth hopefully Mizzy measured the correct bit. He made it 1 1/4". My wrist measurement is 6". I am 5ft 9in and have size 6 feet. so this information has confirmed to me that I have a small frame. I too when overweight was contantly told I was large boned. Now I am told that I shouldn't lose more as I'm not meant to be smaller. Even though at my heaviest I was only just into obese I felt terrible and much more overweight than others at that BMI feel. I truely think that your body frame size makes a huge difference and is well worth looking into when considering a goal weight.

I have no idea what the percentage of large medium and small framed people is. Or what the percentages of large medium and small framed overweight people is. I wonder if the reason that our poll is lop sided is due to the thread title "Do you have a large frame?" I guess more larger framed people would click on this thread in the first place!

Certainly a subject that interests me though.

Dizzy x

I guess more larger framed people would click on this thread in the first place!

Certainly a subject that interests me though.

Dizzy x

Good thinking Batman :) Probably right there!

I'm definately a large frame. Wrist = 7'', elbow= 2.75''. 5'7''.

Teehee. That seems small to me :D Okay, I'll believe that the tables say you're large :D

I'm 5'6" Wrist 8.25", elbow 3.25" Shoe...was a 10-11 very very wide before the diet, now a dinky size 9:cool:

Good thinking Batman :) Probably right there!

Teehee. That seems small to me :D Okay, I'll believe that the tables say you're large :D

I'm 5'6" Wrist 8.25", elbow 3.25" Shoe...was a 10-11 very very wide before the diet, now a dinky size 9:cool:

Sounds like you're an XL frame KD! No wonder you're slim but weigh heavier!

The table definately said i was large! Like you, i can never get hats, bracelets, gloves, watches to fit!

I am large according to that measurement-but I do wonder how accurate it is because when I lost weight on LL last time my wrists got much smaller.

Well, at 5'3" with a 6" wrist and a 2.5" (I think!) elbow breadth, i'm coming out as medium framed.

I always used to kid myself I was big boned, when I was fat, but had figured out by now that I was probably medium. My feet are only a size 4, and, even though I still have some fat around my torso, my bra strap measurement is now 34".
Paradoxically though, I tend to usually sit around a BMI of 26 (still am still technically overweight), but wear size 10s (okay, 12s in jeans and trousers!), and don't look overweight. I blame my fat thighs - i'm sure they're carrying those extra 10lbs! :p

Jo x

God I put medium as I asumed I would be but the calc says large!
I have tweeny bony wrists too :eek:

Back