do you see yourself or feel different

Moleymole

Nicki xxx
I still feel big although my son said I look thin lol and all my friends are amazed at the difference - do you ever actually feel different apart from clothes fitting etc ?

I can feel myself smiling more when I am out and about and I seem to be looking people in the eye more rather than looking at the pavement (if i can't see them they can't see me?).

I think becoming slim inside our heads as well as outside is going to be something we have to work hard at during this journey. I don't come out of this with a "fat" person inside (wanting to get out?); I want to be slim. I want to be able to choose healthy food not because I am "watching my weigh" but because it simply tastes as good to me as the "non healthy" version.

A person I know had gastric band last year and has gone from 20 to 11 stone but from what I understand she still lives her life as if she was 20 stone. She doesn't see the slim her in the mirror at all.

I'm close to goal now so yes, I absolutely do look slimmer and I feel great about myself. I can see this myself and other people have been commenting on my smaller size too. :D

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I KNOW I look slimmer and that I am but I can't see it sometimes. I sometimes think I look exactly the same as I did. I feel more confident and I am quite shocked sometimes when I catch sight of myself but still, I look at myself an think I still look the same :rolleyes:

I think it'll take time for my mind to catch up and I also think you never see yourself like others do

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I KNOW I look slimmer and that I am but I can't see it sometimes. I sometimes think I look exactly the same as I did. I feel more confident and I am quite shocked sometimes when I catch sight of myself but still, I look at myself an think I still look the same :rolleyes:

I think it'll take time for my mind to catch up and I also think you never see yourself like others do

I could have written this myself ! I have lost 6 stone now and still think of myself as mahoosive ! I also get a shock when I catch sight of myself in windows , but chosing whato to wear in the morning is so much harder now .... when i was big .. I was fat , I knew whatever I wore I would look fat ... I was DEFINED as a fat person .. now i am not fat but not slim .. I am kinda inbetween , I am much more critical of my body , as i look at it and think about it more . I am starting CD again on monday after some time off for an op and I am hoping that when I get to goal I will finally feel good in my body , for the first time in my life :)

I think we are so used to hiding from our body we risk continuing like that. I for one have no full lenght mirrors in the house and even do my make up in a small mirror as I don't want to see my whole face (as I think it looks round and puffy).

I'm now trying to really see myself when I look in the mirror.... I guess do a Gok Wan on myself.... i've treated myself to some really nice body lotion etc and am using it every day .. even after the gym.

I remember a few years back (when I was a 14- 16) I thought I was so much bigger than a friend who I thought and the most amazing figure. Anyway one day she was staying at mine and by accident I pulled on her jeans ... and they actually fit me!!! I was gobsmacked! And when she asked why i explained.. .and she said she never thought of me being bigger than her. The difference was that she thought positively about her self and that gave her a confidence and self of self that just shone through.

Back