Do you stay on plan at Christmas

audfen

Hi all christmas is getting close i waa wondering does anyone stay on plans over christmas or do u take a few days off plan?. i hope to be at target soon just 3 lbs away im not quiet sure how i will be over christmas if ill stay on plan or take a few days off xx

I go off plan, I'm on plan or close to it the rest of the year. I enjoy my Christmas without worrying about syns, I know you can enjoy yourself without going off plan but personally to me Christmas is the one time I don't think you should diet.
I gained 7lbs last Christmas, hoping not to gain that much but if I do I do, its not the end of the world, its a bit of weight that only I notice, noone else could tell any difference and I know I can jump straight back on slimming world and loose it again.

Ooh I didn't join until May so I'm really interested to hear people's responses for this! I took 3 days off for my birthday recently and kind of felt a bit out of control with it all, can't decide what to do over Christmas either...

Ooh I didn't join until May so I'm really interested to hear people's responses for this! I took 3 days off for my birthday recently and kind of felt a bit out of control with it all, can't decide what to do over Christmas either...

Personally my opinion is that Birthdays and Christmas are for cake and Christmas is for a lot of other naughty things too. But I am very disciplined and don't find it hard to get back on plan after, so I suppose it is easier for me then some others who struggle to get back on the wagon after having a blow out.

I was as good as possible until Xmas last year, but did struggle the closer it got. I had a few days off between Xmas and new year but I found that having been on SW for 2 months had made me eat far less than I usually did around that time anyway. I only put on 1lb in the 2 weeks I was mostly off plan :)

I would say let it all go on christmas day, but try not to be too bad around it. The SW christmas book is great.

Last year I managed to get through the Christmas period with a 1lb loss, I'm hoping to be at target this Christmas. I'll probably take a similar approach which was to go off plan when I had things going on (xmas parties, xmas day, boxing day, NYE) but to try and stick to plan the rest of the time. If I can get through the period still being at target (got to get there first though!!) then I'll be happy.

Christmas is my favourite time of the year and I honestly don't think I could enjoy it properly if I had to think about dieting, I give myself a whole week of at Christmas time so it brings me right through to New Year's Day were I'll start back 100% on plan. I don't mind gaining a few pounds at this time.:)

Christmas is going to me a nightmare for me! In December we are having two mini Christmases with my family then my boyfriends family, then we are going away then I have real life Christmas. Arrrrggghhh all that food excites me and terrifies me at the same time!

This will be my first year on SW at xmas time so ill plan as best I can leading up to it, I feel xmas day is the one day ill have what I want/fancy then get back on plan boxing day. This is my plan lol just hope it works out this way

This will be my first year on SW at xmas time so ill plan as best I can leading up to it, I feel xmas day is the one day ill have what I want/fancy then get back on plan boxing day. This is my plan lol just hope it works out this way

Yeah think I'll try and be similar, I hope! After doing slimming world since May I just hate that overfull feeling, so hopefully try and avoid that!

Repeating what someone else has said the SW Christmas cook book is very good...however for me Christmas is the one time of year I still get excited about, I love the decorations, I love buying gifts for others and wrapping them, I'll also be having an advent calendar and using syns each day for that little bit of chocolate :)

Come Christmas day I will be enjoying a full on Christmas dinner with all the trimmings and it won't be SW style and on boxing day I'll be eating left overs but other than that I will try to stick to plan but I won't be putting any pressure on myself to stay on track that week as I want to enjoy it. I imagine I will be doing the cooking/shopping again this year so at least I do have some control over what we’ll be eating over the rest of the week but I feel a lot of turkey sandwiches coming on haha

Can you believe 9 weeks today is Boxing Day!!

This will be my 1st Xmas on Slimming world but I've already got a plan for what I'm gonna do.
I'm at university and go back home on Xmas Eve around 8pm after work and come back Boxing day at about 10pm.
So my plan is that when I'm not in Nottingham Xmas even night, Xmas day and Most of Boxing day, I will eat what I want and I will enjoy my Xmas but until I leave for my parents and as soon as I get back I will be on plan.
If I gain then I don't mind as I will enjoy my xmas and not mind getting back on plan.
The reason I'm doing this is that I don't want to stick to plan over xmas, resent not being able to enjoy my xmas and then go off plan because my motivation is shot :)

Back