Do you talk about your weight (outside of here of course)!

Jacq81

My friend and I have lost over 3.5st this year (we met in SW class and are now very close)
We were talking about people asking us how much we weigh now (which i find quite rude but find myself telling them!:sigh:)
I am a helper and do the scales at class and talking to a very close friend recently who weighs what i did starting out she asked me how much i weighed now. As i weigh her and i had just recieved by 3.5stone award i told her "12stone 5lb" to which she replied "oh still as much as that":eek: i've struggled with weight for years and thought that 13stone was a dream.
This is just one incident of many Ive really found by losing weight people feel it's up for public discussion. Don't get me wrong i'm hopeful its not malcious but i would NEVER ask someone how much they weigh (or their age for that matter ;))

I talk about my weight to most people and SW lol. I also like to know what other people weigh but only if they tell me or we are talking about weight losses etc.
I don't really mind people asking me my weight now but I would have done a stone or so ago.
Perhaps the lady who you weighed was just shocked when you told her your weight as you don't look it.

Id thought that too in hindsight. I think i'm still rather sensitive about it all it's very personal. I don't mind talking in SW about it esp newer members who maybe don't understand where i've came from and what weight i used to be (i've actually lost over 5stone from last year)

I don't generally say how much I weigh however I will say what I've lost. The reasons I try not to is because for me, I feel like I need another half a stone off and as soon as I mention what I weigh people start to frown and pass comment.

I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to how you feel at the weight you are at... Try and put the comments to the back of your mind x

I try never to state my actual weight, only what I've lost when I ask as I do find it a personal question.

That said - anyone with an bit of internet knowledge will know what I weighed when I started due to the publicity (press, magazines, radio) that I've done so not sure why I still hide it.

Got to say, no one's asked me how much I weigh apart from my mother (and I think she only asks because she's worried I'll weigh less than her, lol!). Lots of people have asked how much I've lost though - and I don't usually mind telling them. I would think it a bit rude if people asked me my weight though - I think if someone does, I'll say: 'You tell me your weight first!' :D

I mention how much I've lost to anyone who asks but only my husband and 1 friend know roughly how much I weigh (and even then they don't know the exact - I think I told both I was around 20 stone). I told my mum that I would tell her how much my start weight was when I was happy with my current weight! So that might not be until I reach target, lol.

i dont mind talking about my weight. i havent been asked what i weigh- but have been asked how much ive lost, mainly by people who havent seen me for a while.

i didnt like talking about my weight when i was at my biggest but now, 6 stone lighter, i want to shout it from the rooftops lol

This irritates the hell out of me. Most people don't ask but some do.

I work in a pub & a couple of the old guys ask me every week how much I have lost this week, then they ask me how much I weigh now, when I refuse to tell them they ask how much I weighed at the start. Again I refuse to tell them then they ask how much more I plan to loose, I will quite happily tell them this but then they ask my target weight so I refuse to tell them that. Do they think I am silly?

I do wonder whether I will be able to admit to anyone other than a very select few what I weighed when I reached target?

My mum can't understand why I am so coy about my weight, she doesn't have a problem telling people she is 14 stone!

People who know me ask how much I have lost that week, others who notice that I have lost weight ask if I am ill to which I reply "No! I'm on a Slimmers World Diet" then explain all about it. If someone asks me what I weighed I would tell them, I am proud of what I have lost so the original weight is in the past! I must admit that now when I look at people, I feel like I should tell them about SW.

I love talking about what I've lost :) but before sw I hated it when the subject of weight came up . My sil asked me a few weeks ago what I did weigh and what I weigh now . I told her just over 12st and her reaction . Oh you don't look anywhere near 12st !!! Didn't know wether to take it as a good or bad thing !! I don't mind people knowing what I weigh now but months ago I was my most closely guarded secret

I never shared my weight with anyone until I told my friend at work that I got my club 10 award and she asked me how much had I lost until that point - she figured it out knowing how much I lost with losing 10% (if that makes sense!)

That always used to annoy me about class, actually, because when they announced losses and then said that someone had their Club 10, anyone with half a brain could work out roughly what that person weighed when they walked in. Which given the length they go to NOT to mention it otherwise, seems remarkably daft.

I don't discuss my weight or weight loss at all really. Most of my friends are very slim size 8s or 10s and either don't seem to notice that I have lost weight or don't know how to bring it up in conversation. I have lost the weight very very slowly so genuinely not sure whether they have noticed or not.

A few work colleagues asked after I had lost about two stone but I have always been pretty vague about it. No-one has ever asked me how much I weight - even my husband doesn't know that!

It has felt a little frustrating at times that so few people have mentioned my weight loss when I think its pretty obvious these days but I guess that is probably largely down to me not mentioning it to people. I have always been acutely aware that the topic of weight loss, while very interesting for those who are losing weight, is mind-numbingly boring to most other people. I guess thats why forums like this are so useful, so we can all talk to each other about it rather than slowly watching the glazed look appear on our friend's faces. I do mention things every now and again to my husband, and he is incredibly supportive but I guess I still feel a little embarrassed about needing to lose weight.

I never tell people what I weight but happy to say how much I've lost! I actually say to workmates n friends that I'm never gona say how much I weigh but will always say what I've lost! They think I'm being a bit OTT I think but when it's something you've always been paranoid about you don't want to share it! Espes when they are tiny! Same with my dress size x

The people that i work with haven't said anything but other people who don't know me that well do comment. I think my workmates are just wary of mentioning my weight loss as I do not wish that to be my defining characteristic. if that makes sense. (one woman at work looked at me at my heaviest and said in all honestly, if I was a size 16 I would kill myself. (i was probably a 22-24). I said, here let me help, lol

Back