Do you talk about your weight (outside of here of course)!

I find now I am target very few people mention that I look a lot slimmer. Some family members have actually said I looked alright before my loss (over 13st) now 10st 5lb. Also a lot of people have said I am now too skinny. I am a size 12 and feel great. I dont think going from a size 18 to a size 12 is too skinny and feel a little hurt sometimes that close family members not once have said "well done". Oh well, I feel better, healthier and happier now

I was updating my weight stats on here on weigh day (wednesday) and I was thinking to myself that there was no way I would ever tell anyone (other than mum and best mate) what I weigh and what I weighed, yet here I am week after week telling stangers who I have never met and (most probably) unlikely to ever meet my start weight and current weight!!

My mum and best mate (and SW consultant) are the only people who know what my current weight is now. I haven't told my sister about my 45lb loss, I am waiting for her to notice!!

I have always said that when I get to main target (which will be a loss of around 18-19 stone in total) then I will be happy to tell people my start weight as I would hope it would spur others on to lose weight themseles. I am sooooooo looking forward to my magazine photo shoot!!!!!

i think thats what annoys me more is the fact that people try to work out what you used to weigh. I pass no judgment on what people weigh i know weighing 11stone something is considered "big" to some people but to me it was something i only ever dreamed about and never imagined that i would weigh that so i don't want to be judged by what i used to weigh. there are girls in my group weighing what i used to or more and i have no problem telling them what i used to weigh as i want them to know this plan does work! Not always in the way we want it to but it does come off!! I am slimming worlds biggest cheerleader!!

I must be the second then jacq81!!!! I am proud to be so involved with such a great success as Slimming World and want to shout it from the rooftops Slimming World - the best weight loss plan in the "World".

I talk to other slimmers about it but try to avoid mentioning it to other people and I don't really mention that I'm on slimming world unless they ask as ita none of there business really haha

I especially avoid telling people that I've lost weight because I had a friend who lost 2 stone and did not stop banging on about it and it was so irritating !

sometimes I want to shout it from the roof tops but I think when I get to target I'll just let my slimmer figure do the talking hehe :)

I especially avoid telling people that I've lost weight because I had a friend who lost 2 stone and did not stop banging on about it and it was so irritating

I'm one of those people :eek::eek:

I kinda can't help it. The people who knew me beforehand know what I was like, I was a complete shell of a person, too scared to go out, sat in my armchair (which....i'm sitting in now- but it's broken because the poor thing had to carry my weight for 15-18 hours a day...:eek:) and did naff all. I was depressed because I just felt like a complete failure and thought i'd never amount to anything.

After losing the weight that i've lost, i'm happy (ish...let not get ahead of ourselves here lol) and I go out, even at night (which is a shocker) AND I can hold down not 1 but TWO jobs.

Seriously- before SW, i would not have even dreamt of doing that.

So ya....i tend to get a bit carried away, but I just feel like a new person, lol.

I hope people don't find me tooooooo irritating :\

LittleFlutterby said:
I'm one of those people :eek::eek:

I kinda can't help it. The people who knew me beforehand know what I was like, I was a complete shell of a person, too scared to go out, sat in my armchair (which....i'm sitting in now- but it's broken because the poor thing had to carry my weight for 15-18 hours a day...:eek:) and did naff all. I was depressed because I just felt like a complete failure and thought i'd never amount to anything.

After losing the weight that i've lost, i'm happy (ish...let not get ahead of ourselves here lol) and I go out, even at night (which is a shocker) AND I can hold down not 1 but TWO jobs.

Seriously- before SW, i would not have even dreamt of doing that.

So ya....i tend to get a bit carried away, but I just feel like a new person, lol.

I hope people don't find me tooooooo irritating :\

Shout it from the rooftops hunni if people get bored or irritated tough luck xx
I was in a deep depression too I hated myself and often had thoughts of harming myself not that I ever would as I couldn't do that to my beautiful boys . I just though that nobody could ever like me . Think it stems to the loss of my son 20 weeks into my pregnancy . I hated my body for killing him and I blamed myself . Even though I did everything right in his pregnancy and no reason was ever found . Now I'm accepting that it was out of control & I'm liking myself again . He's in my thoughts every day and I'll never forget him but I'm not sitting around moping anymore.

mrs big b ... I think you have the right to shout about it :) congrats on your success !! xxx

fluterbyy and mrs big b I mean xx

I am actually more open about talking about it since I started SW and began losing. I wouldn’t tell strangers, but I confided in closest friends, my boyfriend knows (he does SW too) and obviously I post here! I’ve been a member of another online community for a long time, 6 or so years, and there is a slimming world thread there where I feel free to talk about this stuff too as we’re all in the same boat, and having that support network is fabulous. Nobody is really noticing my weightloss yet, & I think I won’t necessarily tell people my start weight if asked until I’m closer to target / have been doing this a bit longer! There’s no getting around the fact I’m big, and I suppose it’s like my dress size – I wouldn’t necessarily tell people that but now they get constant updates haha!

I am actually still quite embarrassed what my start weight was, which is silly because i WAS that weight.

I dont talk about the numbers apart from 'i have lost 5 stone' and everyone is like 'wow' - my hubby has never asked me what i started as, and has no idea what I am now. If he did ask, i would say - but he knows i am a sensitive poppet about it so he never asks.

Silly - but just the way it is - x

I would never dream of asking someone.

I'm a bit private when it comes to my weight, not even my husband knows what weight I was when I started, and he wont know until I've got to target! (In the 'real world' obviously, I dont seem to mind telling complete strangers on here lol). I do tell him what my losses are each week though.

I dont really like to tell people I'm on sw either, because I feel people are then watching what you eat and commenting etc. Also I dont want to give them a running update each week after weigh in!

I have never told anyone my start weight, although my friend who chums me to SW and is now at target has seen it in my book. I am happy to tell my OH and my friends how much I have lost, no one has ever asked what I weigh, wouldn't tell them either no matter how much I lose as I wouldn't dream of asking anyone else.

I tell people I am doing SW though, as I feel it makes me accountable and helps to keep me on track

I am very open with regards to my weight. I don't broadcast it but if I'm asked about my weight loss I will tell them what I weighed and how much I lost.

I look at it this way they knew me as a bigger girl so them knowing the numbers on the scales makes no difference to me. They saw the impact of the weight on me anyway (if that makes sense lol)

Very open about it and talk about it daily with friends, family and even strangers sometimes! Not like I'm bragging, usually if it comes into conversation.

Forever trying to convince my student pals at college to stop going on stupid soup diets and join SW!

I would never dream of asking someone.

I'm a bit private when it comes to my weight, not even my husband knows what weight I was when I started, and he wont know until I've got to target! (In the 'real world' obviously, I dont seem to mind telling complete strangers on here lol). I do tell him what my losses are each week though.

I dont really like to tell people I'm on sw either, because I feel people are then watching what you eat and commenting etc. Also I dont want to give them a running update each week after weigh in!
I feel exactly the same way. I don't want to have everybody looking at me with bated breath when biscuits are brought into the office, or worse, completely leaving me out when they're passed around so they don't tempt me grrrr. And I hate work colleagues requesting an account of my losses or otherwise each week. So I haven't told them I've rejoined.

Well I've only just started (3weeks ago) and I've told my mum, bf and best mate cos I know they are supportive and want me to succeed. I am not telling ppl in wrk cos I find ppl start watching u eat and they have been know to be catty when others lose weight- last Friday for instance!
I love hearing about how much ppl lose, it's really encouraging ESP if their situation is similar to mine and sharing tips n recipes!
But, now this is a bit controversial, it really bugs me when ppl in my office announce every mouthful they have eaten and what they r going to have, I don't know why, seems they just love talking about it incessantly!
Wow got my rant on then huh?? :p
X

Last edited:
OMgoodness miss lindsay! my brother in law is like that!! SO ANNOYING!! He asked me what i lost very loudly at the school the other week in front of all the other mums he then shouted he'd lost near a stone (hes not going to slimming world :S). Also the people who every thing you eat they're watching you with snide " is THAT slimming world" remarks ggrrrr lol

Lol that's exactly what i mean then u feel like u have to justify/defend urself by stating how many syns are in what ur eating and how many you are allowed!! Im just doing mine and keeping it to myself until someone asks ... If they ever ask :)

Back