Do you think its possible to lose a stone in 3 weeks???? I need your help...

Oh heck, I'm not feeling too confident now!!

i'm quite top heavy, so the dress fits everywhere else, but just a bit too toght in the chest area.

I'm just hoping if I'm extra good, maybe invest in a good bra/support underwear, I will be able to do the zip up!!

I've had a good day today, been really good with food, no gym though I'm too knackered!!

Oh heck, I'm not feeling too confident now!!

i'm quite top heavy, so the dress fits everywhere else, but just a bit too toght in the chest area.

I'm just hoping if I'm extra good, maybe invest in a good bra/support underwear, I will be able to do the zip up!!

I've had a good day today, been really good with food, no gym though I'm too knackered!!

Oh dear hun! :( Do you mean boob or round the back? :confused:

If it's boob there are bras to suit every occasion these days ... minimizers ... maximisers ... balcony ... sports ... etc etc, you just might have to find the right bra to help you along!

How was Day 1 of fishy week?

I've had trout myself tonight ... yummy!

Lucia Lucia said:
Very similar happened with my wedding dress a week before the wedding. I practically ate nothing for a week. I had a slimfast for breakfast and one at lunch and a weightwatchers meal in the eve. It was an utter nightmare. I went into an old ladies lingerie shop and she told me to bring the dress in and we did. She fitted me with a long line bra which went to the waist and it pulled everything in enough to get the dress done up. I lost 1 stone 3lb in that week and the dress went on but my new husband just fell about laughing when he saw my underware!!!

I bow to your superior willpower. I would have just cried & cancelled my wedding. RESPECT!

OP - i would take yourself & said dress to a dressmaker & get it altered rather than torture yourself. But we have already established my willpower is zero.

Good luck with whatever you decide x

Very similar happened with my wedding dress a week before the wedding. I practically ate nothing for a week. I had a slimfast for breakfast and one at lunch and a weightwatchers meal in the eve. It was an utter nightmare. I went into an old ladies lingerie shop and she told me to bring the dress in and we did. She fitted me with a long line bra which went to the waist and it pulled everything in enough to get the dress done up. I lost 1 stone 3lb in that week and the dress went on but my new husband just fell about laughing when he saw my underware!!!

I went away for the 2 wks before my wedding and when i came back (3 days b4) my dress was soooooooooo tight (it fit before i went), with no time to get it altered.
Had to wear it tight - thought id just about got away with it but one of the photo's i look heavily preg (wasn't)

Since then, i've put on another 1.5 stone but Its that photo thats motivating me to keep focused on SW and one of my mini goals is to put my dress back on and it fit perfectly. At which point, i'm going to get my oh to take my picture again :p

I would see a tailor.

One of my bridesmaids was still breastfeeding a fortnight before my wedding, she hadn't thought she would be. Her boobs were still huge off the milk and she had a size eight dress.. we rushed to a tailor with her dress and she did a fabulous job of using the sash from round her waist to make the dress into a corset back. She looked amazing x

The dress fits me round the tummy/hips etc (it will look better with some spanx!!) but I just can't do the side zip up because of my boobs!

What do you think about getting a minimizer? Maybe that might help. Personally aside from doing mostly red days, I think you should focus on losing inches instead of weight. When I did the 30 day shred, I lost a lot of inches more than weight and I went down a dress size within 3 weeks. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Get the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD! It's fab for inch loss! It's just over 20 mins long, but it's hard-core toning and very full on.

Totally agree with that. Lost major inches doing this. And I think I am gonna go for it again in time for Christmas :D

Hi

It might be worth trying superspeed soup. It is a lot more comforting in this weather than salad. It always works for me anyway.

Good luck hope you do it x x x

Ummm dunno about dresses n stuff. But losing a stone in 3 weeks isnt advisable...but still as Ive done it here's some ideas

- fish week sounds great. protein fills you up quick, fish is low fat. salmon parcels dead easy to cook, grilled skate is delicious and roast cod nice too. i like home made fish n chips with mushy peas - the full SW version.
- have no syns at all, will make some difference even if making it boring its only 3 weeks...
- exercise at every opportunity and challenge your body with a range of exercises.
- walking is great - try walking faster, have a backpack with bottles water for extra weight. my dogs are super fit from this as i take them 4-6miles each day
- make sure you do cardio and weight based, aim for continious workouts no rests (lower the weight if you have too)
- bodybuilders do something called cutting up - basically losing fat quickly before a competition. they have 5-6 meals not 3, workout using high intensity/high heart rate such as body combat/pump or circuits but with weights and Tabata's for EPOC (bascially do a very very high intensity workout for 6-8mins close to 100%, you burn calories over next 24-36 hrs as metabolism runs higher - only do this if your fit enough tho, I do them once a week at the end of a session)
- oddly varying your calories helps - your body gets easily efficient try some variation in how much you eat
- if you can avoid carbs in the evening (usually after 6pm)

dont know if these help but they have track record with others. good luck

-

MartinD said:
Ummm dunno about dresses n stuff. But losing a stone in 3 weeks isnt advisable...but still as Ive done it here's some ideas

- fish week sounds great. protein fills you up quick, fish is low fat. salmon parcels dead easy to cook, grilled skate is delicious and roast cod nice too. i like home made fish n chips with mushy peas - the full SW version.
- have no syns at all, will make some difference even if making it boring its only 3 weeks...
- exercise at every opportunity and challenge your body with a range of exercises.
- walking is great - try walking faster, have a backpack with bottles water for extra weight. my dogs are super fit from this as i take them 4-6miles each day
- make sure you do cardio and weight based, aim for continious workouts no rests (lower the weight if you have too)
- bodybuilders do something called cutting up - basically losing fat quickly before a competition. they have 5-6 meals not 3, workout using high intensity/high heart rate such as body combat/pump or circuits but with weights and Tabata's for EPOC (bascially do a very very high intensity workout for 6-8mins close to 100%, you burn calories over next 24-36 hrs as metabolism runs higher - only do this if your fit enough tho, I do them once a week at the end of a session)
- oddly varying your calories helps - your body gets easily efficient try some variation in how much you eat
- if you can avoid carbs in the evening (usually after 6pm)

dont know if these help but they have track record with others. good luck

-

I agree with most of that-except having no syns!! Syns are there to be used and they help maximise weightloss! That's why they are called syns-as it is short for synergy-meaning everything working together for optimum results :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Thanks eveybody sooo much for all your ideas and suggestions. I'm going to be very good, limit the syns, exercise, eat fish and see what happens.

If its still too tight a week before, I'll take it to get it altered.

Buy 30 day shred DVD - The inches will melt off!

I'm inclined to agree with those who suggest buying the 30 Day Shred dvd. I think at this point it's more realistic to focus on inch loss, rather than what the scales say. Measure up, get a copy of the 30 day shred and go for it! Try lots of superspeed foods, protein rich foods, drink lots of water and avoid the foods that you know will make you feel bloated. Get a decent minimising bra and see how the dress fits once you've strapped those bad boys down a bit.
Most of all don't stress out too much as you can always have the dress altered a bit.

After reading all these posts I've ordered the 30day shred!!! Hope it's as good as you all say. :)

It is :D. Although you may find that you lose more inches than pounds but then everyone is different and you may be lucky enough to lose both. The best part is it pulls you in so you look leaner. There are a couple of threads on here that you can use to keep you motivated. Enjoy!

Ooh 30day shred ay, have heard others talk about this. May give it a go myself, I've been looking for some short workouts I can do at home, this sounds perfect!

Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know how I got on!

I've still got 6 days to go till the wedding, I didn't lose a stone, but have lost 7lbs.

And guess what - I can do up the zip (only just mind, but its up and I can still breathe!!!)

Back