Doctor approves!!! Now, but...

FromFat2Wow!

I went to my Doctor's to have my medical form signed. All he had to say was don't forget exercise and good luck. I expected him to be resistant to the idea of me going on a VLCD but he wasn't.

Since making the appointment at the surgery I experienced a lot of resistance. I saw myself going into his office and talking about something other than the diet. I even felt tempted to cancel the appointment. But I pushed through with it, he signed, and now I have an appointment with the CDC on Tuesday.

The CDC has restarted the diet and has been on it for two days. This makes me worry about being able to keep weight off longterm. Should I be worried?

Bee

Congratulations on seeing the doctor and being all set to go. We are all individuals and everyone's circumstances and journeys are different so try not to worry.

xx

heya, thats great news :) I woudnt worry to much about the cdc on it again, as georgie says everyones life is different i know my cdc was on it for a bit again :) x

Thanks for the encouragement which is much needed. During my appointment the Doctor also weighed me. I was shocked that I had put on almost a stone. :(:sigh: Cold weather. Christmas. Bah, humbug. I like humbugs. I shouldn't have had so many, though. :sigh::sigh::sigh:

Bee

dont worry hun it will be gone in no time, what is your starting weight? im restarting tomorrow just had my last takeaway!!

My starting weight is 17st 11. I'm glad I am starting soon, as I can see myself climbing back up to 19st and more.

A last takeaway... that's a good idea. I will start CD on Thursday or Friday, so I think it might be wise to cut back from about Monday or Tuesday. That means the deadline for my last takeaway will be Sunday night. No, make that Saturday night. I will be enjoying a lovely meal cooked by my Mum on Sunday. :sigh::sigh::sigh: How will I manage Sundays?

By the way, how do I fill in my BMI information? I can't find that page anywhere.

Bee

My starting weight is 17st 11. I'm glad I am starting soon, as I can see myself climbing back up to 19st and more.

A last takeaway... that's a good idea. I will start CD on Thursday or Friday, so I think it might be wise to cut back from about Monday or Tuesday. That means the deadline for my last takeaway will be Sunday night. No, make that Saturday night. I will be enjoying a lovely meal cooked by my Mum on Sunday. :sigh::sigh::sigh: How will I manage Sundays?

By the way, how do I fill in my BMI information? I can't find that page anywhere.

Bee

the weekends can be hard when i was on cd before i used to stay out of the house walk round the shops or read a book. time used to fly by!!

bmi i had all that info in before and i think it came up automachially, maybe post a thread in technical support :)

As my cdc always tells me just stay in the present, dont worry to far ahead.
Well done on deciding to do the diet it works well then when the time comes complete the maintenance and theres no reason why you wont change your habits.

As my cdc always tells me just stay in the present, dont worry to far ahead.
Well done on deciding to do the diet it works well then when the time comes complete the maintenance and theres no reason why you wont change your habits.

WOW look at your ticker. what keeps you going? amazing well done

I am happy to know that from time to time my CDC returns to the diet. She trusts it and knows that it works. She also admits to bad habits. I know that I have found something that works for me and although I hope never to need to return to it, I will if I feel I am losing control in the future. Hark at me when I am so far from target! There is light at the end of the tunnel but it is very small still.

Well done you for going to the doctors and glad they signed the form! I really didn't want to go to the docs and face the embarrassment of my weight but when I went to my first CDC visit it turned out my BMI was about 40.5/41 so I had to get approval first :cry: can you believe I cried when my cdc told me :eek: (poor woman must have thought I was mad!) think i was so fired up for it and then felt really disapointed and knew that if I didn't start right then, then I may never start! (you know that click people talk about?) That was a friday morning so I spent from then till Mon in preperation got an early gp appointment (and got go ahead) and then drove the 40mins to my CDC house and got my products!
I am glad that I had to do it now as it was a small break through for me, glad you pushed yourself :)

My CDC is also on and off CD, it doesn't bother me at all as we are all human and have are ups and downs and she is still very slim. It shows that when you have a blip or gain some you can go back on SS.

Good luck xx

Back