Doctor Rosemary Leonard.

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by fillymum, 6 June 2011 Social URL.

1. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was a bit shocked to hear Doctor Rosemary Leonard, the BBC doctor say she does not have time to spend 10 minutes consultation time with her patients !!!!

My goodness !!!! How can a doctor assess the needs or the gravity or just give the comfort needed in under 10 minutes.

I never, ever complain about having to wait to see my doctor, even when she running up to an hour late for my appointment because I know she will give me the same time and consideration.

I understand that pressure of work and overloaded patient lists are, in most cases the cause of this.

Isn't it just one more example of where the government should be injecting YOUR money.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Glad my doctor isnt like that. Hes well known for running late because you get whatever time you need with him.

4. Tinytootz

Tinytootz Mini crazy cat lady

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Sadly, our doctors even has a sign saying that consultation times are 10 minutes, but please be aware they may run over, causing delay. It also says that it is only one ailment per appointment, which baffles me. I also don't complain at them being late, however I do detest having to listen to everyone else moan about it in the waiting room, coming up with their hairbrained ideas, and not a fan of having to wait over a month for an appointment, unless you call up every morning for a cancellation - but perhaps this is across the board.

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Perhaps if people cancelled appointments rather than just failing to turn up for appointments there would be less pressure on the system. Or if appointments were not taken up by complaints that could be handled elsewhere eg pharmacy or self-care?

6. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

10 MINUTES? Thats proper spoilt that is! We get 7. Again, my GP is often running late because he totally ignores that, but we are supposed to get a double appointment if we need to talk about more than one thing or think it might take a while.

7. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    or maybe they need to spend less time on the telly

8. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    PMSL! This could be part of it!!

9. Ali*

Ali* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.01%)
    Diet:
    SW Jan11-Feb12/now CC
    I heard her too and was dismayed! Then she totally poo-poo'd the idea of hypnotherapy ... I think this may damage her reputation.

If she's a full-time practicing GP I wouldn't be happy if I was one of her patients ... she's always on the flipping tele!

10. Roziee

Roziee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(23.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ive had a few doctors saying to me '10 minutes only and we can only discuss 2 problems at a time' cheeky *******.

Before I used to stay quiet and not say anything but now I kick up a fuss. I'm there out of work to be helped, not to be patronised and be made like a 2 year old.

Too many patients, not enough doctors.

11. kindleuser

kindleuser Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley/Calorie counting
    Tinytootz -" and not a fan of having to wait over a month for an appointment, unless you call up every morning for a cancellation - but perhaps this is across the board".

Must be spoiled in Nottingham - most MIL has to wait is 4 days unless it is urgent - last week got an appointment for non urgent appointment for the next day.

12. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I find that appalling.............. just dreadful.

My first stop is always my pharmacy. They are so helpful and if it is something that needs the doctor they say so. Most drugs are available over the counter here apart from barbiturates,amphetamines and strangely antibiotics, so that does make things slightly easier.

Just what Paul said...........but then she probably gets a whopping fee for parking her bum on the BBC sofa.
    Too true !!!

Makes me feel a bit better about not coming home to the U.K. reading, but that is a whole new thread !!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.