Doctors scales?...right or wrong?

RavenMoon

Gold Member
Just got back from doctors and been weighed on her scales.. hers read 19st 12lbs :eek: mine read 20st 7.5lbs thats a huge difference isnt it? which one to believe?... mine are digital eko brand doctors are not digital.

do doctors scales have to be tested to be accurate?..

ethier way if i go by my scales or her scales they BOTH still show a loss , i just really want to know my true weight i guess lol.

Have you tried changing the batteries in yours? Also make sure you weigh yourself on a solid surface rather than carpet.

that's so wierd. I have digital scales at home, and they show a higher weight than my wii fit scales do. ditto the gym scales. I wouldn't worry too much about what the scales say (hah. i should take my own advice!), as long as you're losing, s'all good.

ima change the battery, see if it makes any diff - thanks for the tip lemony - i have hardwood flooring so it's def not a case of uneven surface.

xxx

doctors scales don't have to be accurate, my doctors scales made me 2kg heavier than both the ones at the gym and at my house!!!

As said before the weight isn't actually important it is the loss that you want to worry about!

I bought some ww scales and they were dreadful. Everytime i got on them they weighed different ( and i mean with 1 minute) I now have some salter digital and they are very good.

I would weight with ONE set of scales - as it will show you the accurate DIFFERENCE in weight - regardless whether the actual weight is right or not ... if you see what I mean?

My doctors scales also weigh me less. I think I may go again as a quick pick me up haha.

i had a similar thing happen to me when i went to the doc's last month to be weighed, she was amazed that in a month i had lost a whooping 1 stone but according to my scales which i wi with every week i hadn't lost as i had a bad month but the doc said to me her scales were spot on as they had just been calibrated ( not sure what this means) but i know i hadn't lost that at all so i stick to my home wi's for my weight loss results, it is annoying though because i would have so loved to have come away from the doc's having actually been 1 stone lighter in a month.

i know this is a little old now but my doctor's scales are about 7lb out i know this because mine and cdc say the same her's always have been less which is kinda nice in one way i have told her but she won't hear it and says most people say they must be wrong as they are lighter not the other way round lol

I work at a GP's and every single set of scales in the practice are 7 pounds either way, it does not seem to matter how often they are callibrated as soon as they have been used and moved around they give false weights. what matters is there is a general downward trend and try to stick to only one set of scales

i would suggest finding a boots that has those massive scales.. they'r usually tucked away in the corner somewhere.. I always weigh in at my sw club as they have thier own scales and never use any others... but if your weighing yourself it may be better to use the boots ones as they should be correct??? iv always relied on them in past years x

i will try the boots ones thankyou very much!..
i cant believe i posted this 2 weeks ago? seems like so much longer lol... and on my scales im 19 stone 6 + 1/2 lbs , 2 weeks ago i was 20 stone 7 +1/2lbs .. crazy!! my hard work does pay off huh!.. x

thanks for posting everyone..

maybe my doctors scales will have my down as 19 stone lol.. its nice to hear even if not entirley true!.. x

No worries sweetpea.. i think they'r about 50p a go.. but give you your height and other things too so they should be as spot on as you get! im sure either way with all your hard work you'l be were you wanna be soon enough... :) good luck! .. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back