does anyone build up static?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jakkiG, 21 February 2008 Social URL.

1. jakkiG

jakkiG Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    rosemary conley
    I know it sounds really weird, but since I have been doing this diet i find that man made clothes cling to me with static. I can't touch anything metal without getting a bit of a shock :confused::confused::confused:. Is it just me or is there something else going on? If anyone can help I'd be grateful. (it's things like the lining of skirts or nighties that are becoming static)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol, I've had exactly the same thing lately but never related the 2 until you mentioned it! How very strange! :vibes:

4. letmeout

letmeout Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    12st7lb(51.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not happening here. Maybe it's your electric personalities? Seriously-there must be a sensible expalanation. Sorry that I don't have one as I'm not very sensible....

5. htpink

htpink CDC

ooh - i've had this too recently. My hair is really electric - i put this down to running out of conditioner!!!

Also i seem to always get shocks off cars etc - didn't put the two together!

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Mine is shopping trollies. Always getting a shock from the handle

Irene xx

7. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

i get alot of it lately to especially of shopping trollies, cars and sometimes my bf weird I KNOW!!!

8. Bobbin

Bobbin Needs a flattering photo

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I got a shock off someone at work the other day - weird! Maybe we have a ready brek glow about us too!

9. Shalder

Shalder Member

Diet:
    CD
    Yes, I do all the time, I have noticed it has got worse recently but hadn't connected it to CD! Maybe it's the weather/atmospheric pressure!
    Shalder

10. Colleen

Colleen Member

Definitely something to do with the atmosphere or something...my fiance keeps giving the cats static shocks...

And I went to comfort him when his motorbike fell over the over day and zapped his face quite badly!

11. k8t

k8t Member

Jumpers are the worst, every time I pull one over my head I look like I've been on a van de graph machine

12. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I've been told if you rinse your clothes in white vinegar it eliminates the static (put it in the softener drawer in your machine). I've tried the vinegar as a softener for towels and it doesn't smell, honest!

13. jakkiG

jakkiG Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    rosemary conley
    Thanks I may try the vinegar

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.