does anyone build up static?

jakkiG

I know it sounds really weird, but since I have been doing this diet i find that man made clothes cling to me with static. I can't touch anything metal without getting a bit of a shock :confused::confused::confused:. Is it just me or is there something else going on? If anyone can help I'd be grateful. (it's things like the lining of skirts or nighties that are becoming static)

Not happening here. Maybe it's your electric personalities? Seriously-there must be a sensible expalanation. Sorry that I don't have one as I'm not very sensible....

ooh - i've had this too recently. My hair is really electric - i put this down to running out of conditioner!!!

Also i seem to always get shocks off cars etc - didn't put the two together!

I got a shock off someone at work the other day - weird! Maybe we have a ready brek glow about us too!

Yes, I do all the time, I have noticed it has got worse recently but hadn't connected it to CD! Maybe it's the weather/atmospheric pressure!
Shalder

Definitely something to do with the atmosphere or something...my fiance keeps giving the cats static shocks...

And I went to comfort him when his motorbike fell over the over day and zapped his face quite badly!

I've been told if you rinse your clothes in white vinegar it eliminates the static (put it in the softener drawer in your machine). I've tried the vinegar as a softener for towels and it doesn't smell, honest!

Back