does anyone else really struggle at the weekend??

Tracie Green

Silver Member
does anyone else really struggle with the weekends?? its not so much food, but the old vino really!! ive got a girly night tonight with pizza etc, but im eating before i go so i wont be tempted, but the wine, oh the wine, just cant stop myself!! and tomoro night got friends coming to our house and doing them pizza, but doing my own syn free pitta pizza which is fine but again they all wanna drink, that is my weakness! is vodka the lowest syned thing to have??

i feel ur pain every single weekend :(

If you dilute your vino with diet lemonade making it into a spritzer, you're halving your syn. Still tastes nice :)

The problem I have is dining out... I do like to go dine out with my hubby and friends over the weekend, it's hard to stick to salads when they have dishes that look much nicer!

Last edited:
and in my boyfriends house theres always peanuts, crisps, endless amounts of sweets, chips made from the chip pan... im on a losin battle everytime i go there :(

i just dont drink! would rather spend my syns on something better than wine (hate the stuff anyway) i work at weekends and were so skint we dont go out anyway! so nope weekends dont really pose a problem to us, there is no 'week' end here, work carries on all week - all 7 days!

i struggle friday sat and good sunday i think its cos my weigh in is on thursday night

i just dont drink! would rather spend my syns on something better than wine (hate the stuff anyway) i work at weekends and were so skint we dont go out anyway! so nope weekends dont really pose a problem to us, there is no 'week' end here, work carries on all week - all 7 days!

SNAP! Although i like wine just dont like the hangover and like you i would rather have a curley wurley then a glass of vino ha ha ha and I never have any cash to go out either so dvd nights all round haha x

Yep me too. Don't really do spirits so have to plan ahead. I try to save up enough syns so I can enjoy my wine/beer guilt free... well that's the theory anyway :D. Got a new baby and breastfeeding at the moment so limited what I can drink and hoping to lose as much as possible before I salvage some sort of social life. I actually lost weight when I first got pregnant ... the demon drink has much to answer for!

i like wine but when im on the plan i drink spirits as you can have more lol although when i drink i then crave snacks hubby likes a kebab friday night last week i managed a small chicken shish with no coleslaw but lots of salad and i left the pitta bread it was hard but i lost 1 and a half. A few years ago i put on 8lbs in 9 days drinking wine when visiting my mother so i dont drink it anymore.

I just LOVE my wine :D that was the worst thing about doing Lighter Life prior to Slimming World - the fact I had to give up the booze!

I'm planning to save my Syns during the week and just drink them - searching for Syn free meals now in preparation for the Xmas party season :D

Saturday's usually my hardest day. If I get through Saturday on plan then I'm usually ok, but if I 'fall' on a Saturday then the rest of the week tends to go pear shaped. Just gotta get through tomorrow! :p

Thought this was so apt because I am sitting here with a large glass of vino, already had one other and just started craving crisps!!! Oh oh!!!! Here's to another Friday!!! Thank god for body magic!!

well, friday night down saturday night to go! last nigh i had a really good night round my sisters just chatting and drinking wine, ive been so good with the food side of things i thought bugger it, im gonna have some wine, she cooked 2 pizzas as well, and i didnt have ANY!!arnt i a good girl!! got friends coming round tonight and im doing them pizza but doing a syn free one for me, i know i will drink but i dont intend on ruining the food side of things :) GOOD LUCK tonight weekenders!!!

I do tend to over eat on the weekends because im not at work and the fridge is just too convenient
I think I also see the weekend as a time to chill out and treat yourself so will have to think of new ways to do that
nice long baths , manicures and face mask maybe ??

doing really well, its got to the stage where week days are down fall

Back