Does anyone find losses on SW better then on WW-Switched yesterday XX

Hello everyone, i have been a ww girl for around 3 years on and off has worked but lossed become really slow as i got to my tagret of 9st 4lb even though i gave it 100% any ways i got fed up of counting and kept going off a track and in space of a month of no diet and excersise (long christmas break lol) i have gone from 10st 10lb to 11st 7lb :( gutted so signed up for SW but now am finding it hard becuase im use to portions been so small i feel sacred to eat bigger portions even if hungry lol!..main reason is when i last swtiched from WW to SW in 3 weeks i lost 1.5lb put it back on again!!! but looking back maybe that was due too me ggoing really over bored and eating maybe more then i needed too now i know when to recognise when im full and what a normal portion size is i may loose. today menu is:

break-X2 wheetobix (healthy B) yog and banana

Lunch-chicken breast huge salad and a egg with 4tbs light salad dress (2syns)

Dinner-home made quorn chilli witk kidn beans,tomat,mush,onion,spices,rice , corn on cob and big salad with cheese (a choice)

snacks fruit, syns options 2 and dressing total of 4syns

sorry to go on just really want to get to my target of 9st 4 xxx

Hi, Welcome to SW!

You don't have to eat bigger portions just concentrate on only eating when your hungry and stopping when your full. Don't purposely serve yourself up bigger plates of food just because you can. Good luck.

ooh i'll need to keep an eye on this post - i've cancelled my WW and joining a SW class on monday :)

i did well on WW for the 1st year but like you, slow results last year and got no where really - up and down on the scales and hungry aaaaalll the time (cos i kept my weeklies to eat out every weekend)
i've been studying SW for weeks and gonna give it a try next week. i know lots of people who have had great results from it and even though i can't quite work out how it works...it has for them so i'm really really hoping that it will for me too!
let me know how you get on x

browsie-i wont go totally mad like i did last time but i know i will be eating a bit more then if i was WW e.g the menu i posted i wouldnt have breakfast just the chick salad and chili for tea...xmisskx i will keep you updated hun im neverous its nice not to count i use to save my weeklies for drink on weekend too if i wanted a KFC i would only eat veg for the whole day!! madness xxx

Just put on your plate what feels normal, and if losses are slow try focusing in the 1/3 super free part and making sure you're getting 1/3 to try speed things up. I probably eat bigger portions at some meals rather than others but I've never had a problem losing when sticking to plan 100% so feel no need to try cutting down portions yet. Don't worry, slimming world does work :) x

gonna give SW a bash anyway....just to see if i maybe need to try something different instead of eating the same foods just to get by on my daily points. plus i reckon being hungry a lot just has to opposite effect?
a few months ago, i pointed within an inch of my life...really made an effort with everything, spent a fortune on fruit salads, ww products etc and put on 3lbs???!!! that's the kind of thing that makes you feel like "what's the point"!
anyway...fingers crossed that i see the results others have...can only try...and i'm so not emotionally stable to try these faddy 500 cal only diets lol

looking forward to sharing my story and continuing to read about others' xx

I have tried ww many a times without success. Sw is the first time where the diet has worked. I think this is because i go to group every week and kept going. Also as i hardly got hungry and didnt have to point or weigh foods. Plus it fits in with the family too.

In my opinion, I find sw much better and easier- no need to constantly count points! :) my losses were very slow on ww compared to sw, and I never have to be hungry! Used to struggle with small portions on ww! Good luck with sw, when you get the hang of it Im sure you'll enjoy it and get great results! Happy slimming :)

nearly everyone comments on how you never have to be hungry on SW and that might behalf the battle, for me especially.
i really think that it's near impossible to stay on track - on anything, when you're hungry...and if you do - you're then left feeling deprived.

for me who is starting my SW journey tomorrow, and who has already planned what meals i'm making, it's not hard to see how i wont feel as hungry....because i'm not going to be having tiny portions which might keep me "within my points" for the day but leave me looking for "what's next" and hr later!

can honestly say i'm excited to see how i get on...i sooooo hope this works for me the way it does other people...fingers crossed cos if not, i've a cupboard full of spices, pastas and tinned tomatoes for sale hahaha! x

nearly everyone comments on how you never have to be hungry on SW and that might behalf the battle, for me especially.
i really think that it's near impossible to stay on track - on anything, when you're hungry...and if you do - you're then left feeling deprived.

for me who is starting my SW journey tomorrow, and who has already planned what meals i'm making, it's not hard to see how i wont feel as hungry....because i'm not going to be having tiny portions which might keep me "within my points" for the day but leave me looking for "what's next" and hr later!

can honestly say i'm excited to see how i get on...i sooooo hope this works for me the way it does other people...fingers crossed cos if not, i've a cupboard full of spices, pastas and tinned tomatoes for sale hahaha! x

You will do amazing. Its crazy but it does work! X

I bet you get there with no trouble at all!
at least you've not really gained too much tho - i mean if you've not been 100%?

i know a few people who are doing SW and its working/worked great for them. and you know, it seems really nice that i can come on here...and spill my guts to strangers...about my thoughts/feelings/questions.....and they'll all get what i mean (either that or think i'm cuckoo hehe) :D x

Back