Does anyone go to 2 different groups?

Sapphire

I go to a local group on thursday evenings which is great, but my new apprenticeship means that I will be living in hotels mon-fri most weeks for the next 9 months, starting on Dec 7th. Because of this it's more important than ever to keep going to SW (hotel breakfast and dinner, 'sandwich lady' for lunches!) so I am going to attend one up there.

Does anyone else do this? My regular group is in Cornwall and new group will be in Thatcham, Berkshire!

I'm going to stock up on hi-fi bars and other non-refridgerated low syn/HEX snacks to take up there with me! At least the 2 weeks around christmas will be with my normal group, as i've entered the hamper draw!

Brian is great i have met him a few times when i went to groups.

There are a couple of ladies at my group who use 2 different ones, depending on the shift rota that week, the consultant seems ok with it as she mentioned it last week.

I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem :D

Hi Sapphire

I do the on-line version because I work away a lot and never know where I will be!

Just a couple of tips I have picked up for living in hotels:

DON'T attempt the hotel breakfast unless you are very strong willed- I take alpen light bars, pre weighed out bags of cereal (that I can eat like biscuits e.g. crunchy oatbakes) ryvita and laughing cow and have breakfast in my room
Take mugshots and flavoured cous cous in tubs for emergencies as you will have a kettle in your room
Keep lots of free/low syn treats available to avoid hotel boredom eating at night- fruit, ryvita minis, eggs (boil in the kettle), bovril stock for a savoury drink and alpen lights

Good luck
xxxxx

Interesting! boil an egg in the kettle? I had never thought of this! Any tips? Do I just put the egg in, cover with water and set it to boil and then it's ready???
Anyone had any disasters with this? this could change my working life!
xxxx

I have boiled eggs in the kettle, just a word of caution you need to throw away all the water, as when I didnt my ex said he noticed an egg taste to his coffee lol... shame it wasnt arsnic :p

Thanks everyone, ooh cocktail princess that's given me loads of good ideas! I'm sharing a room with another girl (who i've not met yet) so don't think I could boil the egg in the kettle (!), but will definately stock up on the good stuff like you said :D

Back