Does anyone have a cheat after WI??

Estrella

I'm not saying I'm going to do it!!! :) I'm just asking!! Lol. But does anyone successfully lose weight each week by having some extra syns after weigh in? I waaaant a bottle of wine and a mcds haha but I also waaaant to lose 2 stone by Xmas.

I don't, I can't see the point. It would only affect me and no-one else, if I wanted a bottle of wine and a McDonalds then I would build them into the syns for the week.

I want just under 2 stone for Christmas too to take target - good luck

There is already a thread similar about binge eating after WI and the concensus is, it's not worth it. Your paying your money each week to LOSE so why sabotage it and undo the good work you put in the week before. If you use your syns wisely there is no need to feel like you have to go silly after WI. Just my opinion :D

Yeh I know :( lol. My consultant advised me against storing syns. So it looks like ill never get a bottle of wine. Even though its the culprit or making me fat, I miss it so. I guess a gin and slim and a whole meal homemade burger will do.... It could be worse, I could have to satisfy myself with lettuce and cabbage soup lol x

Oh I always used to lol. Get takeaway or something naughty. Still lost.... I don't now though as il want more or have bad week... I reward myself with clothes etc every 7lb I loose.x.

You can still have wine - maybe have a smaller amount in the glass and fill up with diet lemonade make a spritzer

You could also try low alcohol wine, I think the 5% ones are about 16 syns a bottle, so you'd only be one syn over and could make up for that another day.

I agree with what everyone else has said, I've never seen the point in having extra syns on WI night. It only effects you.

Dont do it stick to plan until you get to target :)

Ohh you're a hard bunch to sway!! Haha only kidding. I really appreciate your advice and I totally get the "binge" mentality. I do it all the time, binge and eat as much as I can on a Sunday so I can start again Monday. It's a bad habit. I won't come off diet. That's a good idea about the low wine or adding something to eek it out a bit. Thanks guys :)

Out of interest what would you eat differently? x

I will be eating alot more cleaner food wise. I wont be eating anything that is processed and i will be introducing good oils back into my cooking (fry light is ok but its got alot of rubbish in it)

I also wont be eating much low fat/ fat free things anymore as some of the sweetners arent the best for the human body.

Theres loads of other stuff i will be doing to and il probably post a thread about it when i start eating that way.

I agree Craig. Slimming world is great for losing weight but isn't particularly good for you unless sticking to your superfree foods and meat. Pasta n sauces and mugshots are horrendously bad for your health. There's a lot of products with aspartame and phenylalanine. Also fry light has a few sneaky baddies in it. And you need to use it a lot. I think once getting to target and sticking to eating nuts and good fats, unless you go crazy and pile it back on!

(I know I have a cheek after saying I want a bottle of wine and a McDonald's haha. But I see where he's coming from! ) ;)

Estrella said:
I agree Craig. Slimming world is great for losing weight but isn't particularly good for you unless sticking to your superfree foods and meat. Pasta n sauces and mugshots are horrendously bad for your health. There's a lot of products with aspartame and phenylalanine. Also fry light has a few sneaky baddies in it. And you need to use it a lot. I think once getting to target and sticking to eating nuts and good fats, unless you go crazy and pile it back on!

(I know I have a cheek after saying I want a bottle of wine and a McDonald's haha. But I see where he's coming from! ) ;)

Nowhere does it say you have to use frylight or eat pasta in sauce or products with sweeteners.

You have syns, use them for nuts or oil or both. Make your own pasta in sauce and eat natural yoghurt not sweetened ones.

Yeah I know. You totally can. drink 6 bottles of wine a week off plan so I've got a hard neck to frown upon artificial preservatives haha.

But what happens when you get to target? Surely if you stick to the plan you'll continue to lose weight? Or are you given extra syns or something?

You increase healthy extras until you get a balance. Sometimes it's one more a day, sometimes three or more!

Back